New Books for 2003 (plus a few decks)

Ophiel

Some Upcoming Tarot Titles for 2003 (reflecting books published in the U.S. only)

Here are some listings for new books and decks that I found online. If you know any more details about any of these, perhaps you can add to this thread. Some of the listings may be actually cards, but in the Book section below. Help me sort this information out!

"The Tarot Court Cards: Archetypal Patterns of Relationship in the Minor Arcana" by Kate Warwick-Smith.
Paperback: 224 pages.
Publisher: Inner Traditions Intl Ltd; ; (June 30, 2003)
ISBN: 0892810920

"Tarot Basics" by Evelin Burger, Johannes Fiebig.
Paperback: 144 pages.
Publisher: Sterling Publications; ; (November 2003)
ISBN: 1402702027

"Pictures from the Heart: A Tarot Dictionary." by Sandra Thomson.
Paperback: 544 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; ; (July 2003)
ISBN: 0312291280
(Perhaps this is a republication?)

"Tarot D'Amour: Use the Cards to Find Romance and Improve Your ... " by Kooch Daniels, Victor Daniels
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Red Wheel/Weiser; ; (June 2003)
ISBN: 1578632927

"Tarot in the Spirit of Zen" by Osho.
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; ; (June 2003)
ISBN: 0312317670

"Tarot for Love & Relationships" by Eleonore Jacobi.
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Sterling Publications; ; (April 2003)
ISBN: 1402702531

"Rituals and Practices with the Motherpeace Tarot" by Vicki Noble.
Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: Inner Traditions Intl Ltd; ; 2nd edition (March 30, 2003)
ISBN: 1591430089

"Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads" (Special Topics in Tarot) by Teresa Michelsen.
Paperback
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications; ; (March 2003)
ISBN: 0738702633

"Fredella Adventure Book" by Us Games Systems.
Publisher: U. S. Games Systems; ; (March 2003)
ISBN: 157281408X

"Magical Tarot, Mystical Tao" by Diane Morgan.
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Griffin Trade Paperback; ; 1st edition (March 2003)
ISBN: 0312312210

"Super Tarot: How to Link the Cards to Reveal Your Future" by Sasha Fenton.
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Sterling Publications; ; (March 2003)
ISBN: 1402705735

"The Compass: The Guide to the Quest Tarot" by Joseph Ernest Martin.
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications; ; (January 2003)
ISBN: 0738701955

"El Tarot" by Rong Yang, Stuart R. Kaplan.
Paperback: 351 pages
Publisher: U.S. Games Systems; ; (January 2003)
ISBN: 0880792558

"Meditations on the Cube of Space" by Kevin Townley.
Hardcover: 297 pages
Publisher: Archer Books; ; (January 2003)
ISBN: 1931122105
[This is a book about the Cube of Space as used in the Kabalah. Paul Case (B.O.T.A.) did some of the work on the Cube, and this author wrote an earlier book on it as well, "The Cube of Space: Container of Creation." Tarot cards are an intricate element in this whole system. --Ophiel]

New Decks???

"One World Tarot" by U.S. Games.
Publisher: U.S. Games Systems; ; Package edition (April 2003)
ISBN: 1572813377
(a new Tarot Deck? ... perhaps I'll have more information on this when I get the U.S. Games new deck information sheet coming my way.)

"Fradella Adventure Tarot" by Us Games Systems, Frank Fradella (Creator), J. P. Dupras (Illustrator)
Publisher: U. S. Games Systems; ; Package edition (March 2003)
ISBN: 1572813636

"Fradella Adventure Tarot Deck" by Us Games Systems.
Publisher: U. S. Games Systems; ; (March 2003)
ISBN: 1572814071

"Goddess Tarot Deck" by U.S. Games.
Publisher: U.S. Games Systems; ; Pocket edition (March 2003)
ISBN: 1572814144

Phoenix

Thanks for the post. The Tarot Court Cards, and The Tarot and the Spirit of Zen sound pretty interesting. I saw something about the Zen one somewhere, and it said it can allow the RWS reader to use the Osho-Zen. I guess I will have to try that deck out again sometime.

Lee

Hi, Ophiel --

Sasha Fenton's Super Tarot is a reprint of a title from the '90s.

The One World Tarot is an already-available deck for a few years now. It hadn't had a book for it, though; I suspect this new entry is for a new deck/book set.

-- Lee :)

Maan

Thank you Ophiel

I was wondering is that book about making your own tarot spreads from the webmaster of www.tarotmoon.com? I remember something like that but i'm not sure?

The book from Burger and Friebig is already available in dutch. Its not a great book IMO but also not bad.

The one thing i'm deffinatly going to get is the fradella the deck looks so great on there webside!

Cerulean

Fradella/Quest/MotherPeace

www.Tarotgarden.com in their new release section has news about Quest and Fradella's availibility and preorders. Fradella is a Marvel title and may be the comic/tarot combination that you might like. They may also have MotherPeace in their general availability listings---I would use the search engine, as they have a hefty list of titles.

Quest has its own website: www.gentlesleeper.com. Photocollage and quite detailed. You can order it through Joseph Martin's website.

Vicki Noble's MotherPeace as a tarot in the large or small version is round and is the same tarot that focus' on a topic referred to as "Women's Spirituality." It has been around for quite awhile, I believe.

All three seem to be published by U.S. sources. Of the three, I am very curious about the Quest, but I can wait until it is generally available.

GOOD HUNTING!

Mari who also likes to browse Amazon's tarot titles by publication date...

Keslynn

I liked the Fradella from the website and I'll probably end up with it. lol I usually do. I have no willpower. I find it interesting that there are a lot of "love" tarot books. So far, I have read two books about tarot and love. One was completely useless, and the other was so good that I will question any future purchase of a "tarot and relationships" book. You win some, you lose some.

I'm also salivating over the Goddess mini. I have been wanting a mini deck for the longest time....

:) Kes

Ophiel

Thanks for helping sort out my post. As I 'borrowed' the information from Amazon, I have no way of knowing if these books are first time publications, or reprints, or whatever.

I am always on the lookout for a book that deals with the Tarot in a different way than only for reading. The cards are fascinating themselves. Too many books are basically the same thing, but seen through the eyes of the beholder, the beholder being, in this case, the author.

Thanks for the link to the Quest Tarot. It looks interesting and I'll probably get a deck, but for the art. It reminds me a little of one I want called the Magic Tarot, available (if reorder is available) from Tarotgarden. It's from Russia. I'd have it already, if it wasn't $50 US. Yikes. I think that is sort of a line, spending $45-50 on a deck, puts one in a new category of collector.

I hope more people who have read any of these books will add mini-impressions about the books, too.

And after reading Keslynn's comment about how she is drooling over the Goddess Mini-deck, I understand why they coat the cards! lol.

Aerin

I heard a whisper about a new Mary Greer on Court Cards (I think on here).

Anyone know anything?

Aerin x

Ophiel

Regarding Mary Greer & Court

In response to your question, I did find a listing @ Amazon.com under her name, a book called "Court Cards." Publisher: Llewellyn Publications; ISBN: 0738702862. The book was listed as unavailable, but check back. No dates, no other information. As best I can tell, she hasn't written any other books by this title, so this might be it.

Aerin

Re: Regarding Mary Greer & Court

Ophiel said:
In response to your question, I did find a listing @ Amazon.com under her name, a book called "Court Cards." Publisher: Llewellyn Publications; ISBN: 0738702862. The book was listed as unavailable, but check back. No dates, no other information. As best I can tell, she hasn't written any other books by this title, so this might be it.

Thank you. That sounds like it might. Spurred by your reply, I also found this http://www.tarotschool.com/Mary.html which suggests she is co-writing such a book...

I shall live in hope :)

Aerin