Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The world Rx

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards


 
velvet moon's Avatar
velvet moon  velvet moon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2016
Location: Tasmania Au
Posts: 164
velvet moon 
The world Rx


I was just musing on the world reversed as feelings (of any kind) . 'End of the world' seems too dramatic sometimes - I'm thinking more 'nothing makes sense anymore', preconceptions turning out to be wrong, so, sort of 'doubting alot of things you felt to be true.' That sort of thing.


Anyone else have particular feelings about the workd rx? I've always found it a bit vague and tricky to read, in that usually nothing much pops out at me so I got excited to share.
Top   #1
Enlightenment23  Enlightenment23 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Feb 2015
Location: Your wildest dreams
Posts: 5,448
Enlightenment23 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet moon View Post
I was just musing on the world reversed as feelings (of any kind) . 'End of the world' seems too dramatic sometimes - I'm thinking more 'nothing makes sense anymore', preconceptions turning out to be wrong, so, sort of 'doubting alot of things you felt to be true.' That sort of thing.


Anyone else have particular feelings about the workd rx? I've always found it a bit vague and tricky to read, in that usually nothing much pops out at me so I got excited to share.
The World Reversed, in my experience, signifies unfinished business.

So when the World is upright, there is closure and fulfillment - you've graduated from college with your degree, you've slapped the "over it" sign on an ex-boyfriend and moved on, you've completed a project to the end.

But when it's reversed, there's a feeling of things not being thoroughly complete - the chapter is not been shut. So as romantic feelings, I would say that this person has not experienced closure yet. He or she feels that there is something missing - some piece of the puzzle - that is preventing them from moving on to the next chapter.

It could be someone who needs "closure" before being able to fully move on, or it could be someone who believes that the relationship is not on its last legs yet ... and still has some steam to make it through.
Top   #2
Rachx  Rachx is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 May 2014
Location: Teesside England
Posts: 355
Rachx 

I agree totally with Enlightenment - may I add that to me it means that the chapter hasn't been finished or "understood" so it may also mean that there is another lesson or slice of understanding to be gained before the chapter ends and a new one begins. You asked specifically about feelings so it could be that the emotions/feelings haven't run their course or are being suppressed. It's important to let all the emotions come through you in all their glory, without judgement or suppression. If you are upset then feel upset (safely) it is an emotion, it isn't you. Far too often we can suppress our emotions "big boys don't cry" springs to mind. When really a good cry would solve it all. So for me, for feelings, world upside down also means a bit more emotion needs to be felt!
Top   #3
Ruby Jewel's Avatar
Ruby Jewel  Ruby Jewel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Apr 2014
Location: around
Posts: 1,401
Ruby Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet moon View Post
I was just musing on the world reversed as feelings (of any kind) . 'End of the world' seems too dramatic sometimes - I'm thinking more 'nothing makes sense anymore', preconceptions turning out to be wrong, so, sort of 'doubting alot of things you felt to be true.' That sort of thing.


Anyone else have particular feelings about the workd rx? I've always found it a bit vague and tricky to read, in that usually nothing much pops out at me so I got excited to share.
The Dancer in the World card is the Fool, so if the Fool were Rx...it would mean failure to make the final leap of faith....back to being the Fool and the new life cycle. The fact that you drew the World card to begin with says it IS the World card...Rx or not. If you want to read it Rx, first and foremost remember it is the World card.....as in "YEA".... I would say keep on dancing and dance off the cliff....don't be afraid, and don't look back.
Top   #4
Schmendrick  Schmendrick is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 11 Mar 2017
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 7
Schmendrick 

I really like the idea of the world reversed as unfinished business. Like a soul that chooses to reincarnate rather than to ascend to another plane.

I also sometimes read the world reversed as triumph diminished. Like a quiet victory, or a somewhat unsatisfying conclusion to a journey.
Top   #5
velvet moon's Avatar
velvet moon  velvet moon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2016
Location: Tasmania Au
Posts: 164
velvet moon 

Hey all thanks for your input. Reviewing times I've pulled it for romantic feelings I can totally see one or two cases where a feeling of 'unfinished buisness' or 'anti climactic' could certainly work.
Top   #6
velvet moon's Avatar
velvet moon  velvet moon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2016
Location: Tasmania Au
Posts: 164
velvet moon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Jewel View Post
The Dancer in the World card is the Fool, so if the Fool were Rx...it would mean failure to make the final leap of faith....back to being the Fool and the new life cycle. The fact that you drew the World card to begin with says it IS the World card...Rx or not. If you want to read it Rx, first and foremost remember it is the World card.....as in "YEA".... I would say keep on dancing and dance off the cliff....don't be afraid, and don't look back.


Interesting. What do you mean exactly? Take it as advice to 'go for it' or the opposite?
Top   #7
velvet moon's Avatar
velvet moon  velvet moon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2016
Location: Tasmania Au
Posts: 164
velvet moon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightenment23 View Post
The World Reversed, in my experience, signifies unfinished business.

So when the World is upright, there is closure and fulfillment - you've graduated from college with your degree, you've slapped the "over it" sign on an ex-boyfriend and moved on, you've completed a project to the end.

But when it's reversed, there's a feeling of things not being thoroughly complete - the chapter is not been shut. So as romantic feelings, I would say that this person has not experienced closure yet. He or she feels that there is something missing - some piece of the puzzle - that is preventing them from moving on to the next chapter.

It could be someone who needs "closure" before being able to fully move on, or it could be someone who believes that the relationship is not on its last legs yet ... and still has some steam to make it through.
I like that thanks
Top   #8
velvet moon's Avatar
velvet moon  velvet moon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2016
Location: Tasmania Au
Posts: 164
velvet moon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightenment23 View Post
The World Reversed, in my experience, signifies unfinished business.

So when the World is upright, there is closure and fulfillment - you've graduated from college with your degree, you've slapped the "over it" sign on an ex-boyfriend and moved on, you've completed a project to the end.

But when it's reversed, there's a feeling of things not being thoroughly complete - the chapter is not been shut. So as romantic feelings, I would say that this person has not experienced closure yet. He or she feels that there is something missing - some piece of the puzzle - that is preventing them from moving on to the next chapter.

It could be someone who needs "closure" before being able to fully move on, or it could be someone who believes that the relationship is not on its last legs yet ... and still has some steam to make it through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachx View Post
I agree totally with Enlightenment - may I add that to me it means that the chapter hasn't been finished or "understood" so it may also mean that there is another lesson or slice of understanding to be gained before the chapter ends and a new one begins. You asked specifically about feelings so it could be that the emotions/feelings haven't run their course or are being suppressed. It's important to let all the emotions come through you in all their glory, without judgement or suppression. If you are upset then feel upset (safely) it is an emotion, it isn't you. Far too often we can suppress our emotions "big boys don't cry" springs to mind. When really a good cry would solve it all. So for me, for feelings, world upside down also means a bit more emotion needs to be felt!

what you've written here somehow makes me think of the phrase 'over before it begun' and the situation/reading that prompted me to post could definately involve someone feeling that way about something
Top   #9
Ruby Jewel's Avatar
Ruby Jewel  Ruby Jewel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Apr 2014
Location: around
Posts: 1,401
Ruby Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet moon View Post
Interesting. What do you mean exactly? Take it as advice to 'go for it' or the opposite?
I'm saying I would tend to read it like I would read The Fool card. Upright, the Dancer is The Fool at the end of his journey....so where does he go from here? He becomes The Fool again. I don't usually read Rx myself, but if I were to do so, I would say Rx means something is holding the Dancer back...some kind of fear....of dancing to a different tune.
Top   #10




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.