Help With Oracle Decks

StarShine

I have been reading about the power of Oracle Decks. When I went to my fav Hocus Pocus Shop, they had almost every Tarot Deck imaginable (Except the Elvis Deck, I looked) but he only had about 4 different Oracle Decks. He had the Celtic Tree, Faerie, Medicine Cards, and Goddess Oracles. I know that there are more out there than just that! For you who have Oracle Decks, which ones do you have. What other ones have you seen? I would appreciate the help. It would be nice to have some to choose from!

Alta

Hi StarShine
I recently bought a pretty cool deck and book called "Russian Gypsy Forune Telling Cards". Probably originally because the lady in Little Mysteries was so enthusiastic.
The cards each have four quarters, and you lay the cards out in rows. Each quarter forms half a picture, and if the pictures match up (You are suppposed to rotate the cards to make them match) then you read from the book. The meanings vary depending on which way the picture is up.
The first (and so far only) time I tried it seriously I will say I got a pretty helpful result. In fact I laughed, by which sign I assume it was 'present'.

truthsayer

i love the medicine cards by jams sams and david carson. i lost my first deck when i got married and moved in w/ my husband. i've pined them for the past 5 years. today i got my new medicine cards in the mail. they are the new edition with more animals added in. i feel excited just touching these cards and can't wait until i ask for the advice of the animals again. if you are looking for exciting imagery, this one isn't for you. but i love animals and looking up their meaning in readings. it really speaks to me. i also have the animal wisdom deck by susan seddon boulet. hers is very beautiful but it isn't an oracle deck. i think it would be most kewl if i could figure out a way to use them in a reading together. next when i have extra money i want to get the sacred path also by sams and carson. i consider the sacred path like a companion deck to the medicine cards. i used to read them together as one enhanced the message of the other. the medicine cards are definitely my favorite oracle. the second would be the druid animal oracle cards. i guess i just have a thing about animals! ;D :D :p :cool:

truthsayer

btw, i've heard that the goddess oracle and the fairie oracle are good. both are on my wish list. so many decks! so little money!! i haven't heard much positive about the celtic tree deck except that they are boring unless you are really into tree symbolism. :D

Athena

StarShine.
Do I have a deck suggestion for you. It is called "The Druid Animal Oracle" by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm, and not only are the pictures realisticly drawn and colored, but the book is amazing that comes with it also. If you want loads of information, beautiful old tales that involve animals as spiritually enlightened, and a powerful Oracle reading, then this is the deck for you!! (If you want to read more about it, check under my name, with the title as Hmm???. I'm talking about it somewhere else too).
I also have the "Goddess Oracle" by Amy Sophia Maranshinsky, which I adore and has great compassionate and insightful vibes! This deck is also gorgeous, and is my second favorite.
Finally, if you like Faeries, then I suggest Brian Froud's (artist), and Jessica Macbeth's "The Faerie Oracle." The cards are breath taking, and have a way different vibe than most Oracle decks I have encountered.
Hope you find what suits your heart best,
Athena

Logiatrix

i use the "healing with the angels oracle." i use it on my altar, for personal readings and a card to look at, that i change every week-or-so.
i also have the "irish fairy cards." they are a lot like the "inner child cards" in art style, and very gentle and fun. i don't use them right now, but have chosen to keep them in my collection of tarot, because i enjoyed them so much when i used them.
the "goddess oracle" is quite stunning. i gifted this one to my mom, because she loved the art so much and wanted to learn about goddesses. the book to these cards is excellent, as well.
there are also a number of rune decks out there. i particularly enjoyed the "witches runes" by silver ravenwolf and nigel jackson.
another non-tarot deck that i liked was the "vibrational medicine cards." it is a beautiful, meditationally-oriented deck of cards. the system was a bit mystifying, but the cards were sure nice to look at! the "dream cards" are also oracular, as well as for meditation. this is actually two decks, which i found a bit complicated.
:)
any-who, i hope this helps...

SafireMyst

I have been looking for the Oracle Deck that is used in the movie "The Gift". I have no idea what it's called. They look like the standard size card but the images are of single objects like a circle, a square, a star, or wave lines...

If I remember correctly, one of the first readings done for me was with those cars in conjunction with a standard tarot deck.

In addition... I treasure my little Dolphin Divination Cards. They are small round cards that are so easy to shuffle in your hands. I have had a lot of good and accurate messeges come through with those cards, as well. I won't proceed to sell the cards on this post, but if you want to know more about them, let me know.

Dee 04

Like Truth, I also love my Medicine Cards. I got them a few moths ago and I read mostly for myself with them. I learned a lot from finding mt TOTEM animals. :D

Anyway, I purchased Soul CArds 1 & 2 and these are so incredibly powerful. The art is great and they really "spea" to me! Check these out.

I am also getting curious about Goddess Oracle. Hmmm....maybe soon! :D

Dee 04

Like Truth, I also love my Medicine Cards. I got them a few moths ago and I read mostly for myself with them. I learned a lot from finding mt TOTEM animals. :D

Anyway, I purchased Soul CArds 1 & 2 and these are so incredibly powerful. The art is great and they really "spea" to me! Check these out.

I am also getting curious about Goddess Oracle. Hmmm....maybe soon! :D