ONE important Key to the Thoth Tarot

Cláudio Carvalho

Dear all,

As you know the Tarot is claimed since Romantic period as an universal glyph making accessible several researchs into different fields such as, sociology, psychology, iconography, anthropology, philosophy and so forth. Enourmous advances have been occurring in these contexts aforementioned. On the other hand, there is a subtle knowledge applied to deep aspects of the Occult Tradition which the Mother of Revolutions guide us. That subtle material enclosed in the Thoth sheets always will represent a certain way the inmost nature of man, essentially his/her Quintessence in Its far more extensive plane or substratum of our Core. With reference to Tarot's iconography it can be traced through the profound social and religious aspects that flows via effective Current according to Its own prism (cultural geographic). This question can be denoted for several revolutions in reference to determinated periods of universal history typified on the Medieval sheets.
In early 10s, Aleister Crowley, as a grasper scholar of the Tarotic Science, perceived somewhat different on the cards so that the old Tarotic arrangement should be changed, obviously that his vision had change to other point of view. Nevertheless, he published his old vision about the Tarot, in his book so-called "A Description of the Cards of the Tarot" (Liber LXXVIII) issued in Equinox, Vol.I, number 8 in 1912 based on Golden Dawn teachings. At same period he received a strange grimoire so-called Liber 231 or 22 Cells of the Qliphoth and the Tunnels of Set. After these events, Crowley had a first and potential insight into his researchs about Tarot. We don't forget that year was to Crowley an important year in his magikal career. Besides his first contact with the O.T.O. of Reuss, he reactivated contact with the manuscript of the AL (Book of the Law), for during nine years (a complete cycle of Hermit = silence and reclusion) he mantained a certain distance of manuscript so that this was a vital conflict period in his life. The resulted we have been seeing. All these events were very important for his preparation of that it would go to come more ahead. In early 20s he renewed his study about Tarot so that arose the first stratus of a new "CosmoTaroticVision" but he need more informations about the sheets. He spoke this in his 'Cofession' around 20s. For 25 years (25 is a number of ChIVA = The Beast), Crowley elaborated an original plane of an entire Tarotic system "Naples Arrangement" and not from Florence or Toscana region, and fortunately he met Frieda Harris to help him. The KEY was a natural impulse which took Crowley on to elaborate a new pictography coming through rapport accomplished during the process of coming of the Grimoire so-called 231. This working was initial step to production of the Book of Thoth in the modern times, of course. Before him Alliette had a fast comprehension of this, but vanishing soon after that... In paradox two early books of Crowley gives a special Key to understanding the new model of the Thoth sheets - 'Ambrosii Magi Hortus Rosarum (1902) and The Wake World [Liber XCV] (1906)' - and please, pay attention, this an accurate Key to penetrate into every sheet of the Thoth. The essential Revolution of Taurt shows the principal portion that is the basis of that criative conciousness gave forth to every Soul. Love under Will. For some Initiates this is simple. What means this word, TIME (ATU XVII)? An Illusion (ATV XII)?
I hope that you enjoy.

Alta

I have a hard time reading without paragraph breaks, nothing else changed

Dear all,

As you know the Tarot is claimed since Romantic period as an universal glyph making accessible several researchs into different fields such as, sociology, psychology, iconography, anthropology, philosophy and so forth. Enourmous advances have been occurring in these contexts aforementioned.

On the other hand, there is a subtle knowledge applied to deep aspects of the Occult Tradition which the Mother of Revolutions guide us. That subtle material enclosed in the Thoth sheets always will represent a certain way the inmost nature of man, essentially his/her Quintessence in Its far more extensive plane or substratum of our Core.

With reference to Tarot's iconography it can be traced through the profound social and religious aspects that flows via effective Current according to Its own prism (cultural geographic). This question can be denoted for several revolutions in reference to determinated periods of universal history typified on the Medieval sheets.

In early 10s, Aleister Crowley, as a grasper scholar of the Tarotic Science, perceived somewhat different on the cards so that the old Tarotic arrangement should be changed, obviously that his vision had change to other point of view. Nevertheless, he published his old vision about the Tarot, in his book so-called "A Description of the Cards of the Tarot" (Liber LXXVIII) issued in Equinox, Vol.I, number 8 in 1912 based on Golden Dawn teachings.

At same period he received a strange grimoire so-called Liber 231 or 22 Cells of the Qliphoth and the Tunnels of Set. After these events, Crowley had a first and potential insight into his researchs about Tarot.

We don't forget that year was to Crowley an important year in his magikal career. Besides his first contact with the O.T.O. of Reuss, he reactivated contact with the manuscript of the AL (Book of the Law), for during nine years (a complete cycle of Hermit = silence and reclusion) he mantained a certain distance of manuscript so that this was a vital conflict period in his life. The resulted we have been seeing.

All these events were very important for his preparation of that it would go to come more ahead.

In early 20s he renewed his study about Tarot so that arose the first stratus of a new "CosmoTaroticVision" but he need more informations about the sheets. He spoke this in his 'Cofession' around 20s. For 25 years (25 is a number of ChIVA = The Beast), Crowley elaborated an original plane of an entire Tarotic system "Naples Arrangement" and not from Florence or Toscana region, and fortunately he met Frieda Harris to help him.

The KEY was a natural impulse which took Crowley on to elaborate a new pictography coming through rapport accomplished during the process of coming of the Grimoire so-called 231. This working was initial step to production of the Book of Thoth in the modern times, of course. Before him Alliette had a fast comprehension of this, but vanishing soon after that...

In paradox two early books of Crowley gives a special Key to understanding the new model of the Thoth sheets - 'Ambrosii Magi Hortus Rosarum (1902) and The Wake World [Liber XCV] (1906)' - and please, pay attention, this an accurate Key to penetrate into every sheet of the Thoth. The essential Revolution of Taurt shows the principal portion that is the basis of that criative conciousness gave forth to every Soul. Love under Will. For some Initiates this is simple. What means this word, TIME (ATU XVII)? An Illusion (ATV XII)?

I hope that you enjoy.

rainwolf

I've read it a few times and I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it just like a biography?

Cláudio Carvalho

To Marion

Pardon chéri, I'm a new member at this forum so that I had some difficulties to use this correctly.

I guess that you made an excellent job on my lines so that I'm grateful for your zealousness.

Cláudio Carvalho

To Rainwolf

Thanks for your attention.

A lot of people has been read myriad of books, texts, papers of Crowley, nevertheless a few people be able to understand what is actual sense behind of his works.

Early as I said with reference to some linkings among the texts, I won't say about anything like a biography, it's not academic, but an experience. Again, this is not a scholastic conception nor theoretical demonstration, although try to see through of words or as was spoken once by Mr. Henry Bogdan, it is a "lesemysterium - a mystery one experiences while reading the books." If you keep your open eyes, you'll see beyond of those texts.

I can say about that because these are the keys or tracks to the understanding of the Book of Thoth in the modern times, yet I unfortunately cannot to put this in words so that this is very personal.

I believe that these texts give an important assistance as a fine guide to elucidate through the daily experience a potent formula to distil the mind.

The sheets of Thoth serve as a special office to rise up the consciousness according to its daily use because all of us live these every time.

Crowley wished this vital combination to operate along those sheets of Thoth in order to screw the mind on to open it to the new levels of consciousness.

As you know, this is not a mere playing cards, fortune telling, mnemonic system, or any projection in it, but this perspective is a quantum awareness so that you can unite these sheets in ONE or ZERO, this is the principal KEY to the understanding of the Book of Thoth.

So, what do you think of FOOL?

Blessings.

job

Cláudio Carvalho said:
What means this word, TIME (ATU XVII)? An Illusion (ATV XII)?

Hi. Could you please explain what you mean by this? Are you saying 'Time' is The Star card and 'illusion' The Hanged man?

Cláudio Carvalho said:
I can say about that because these are the keys or tracks to the understanding of the Book of Thoth in the modern times, yet I unfortunately cannot to put this in words so that this is very personal.

For me personally, you need to give evidence to back up your claims. Otherwise anyone can 'testify'.

Edge

WHOA! I'm completely lost with this thread, it's very taxing to the brain. Another important "key" to the Thoth is EVERYDAY use and experience over the course of time. The true power of the mysteries may be revealed. Intellectual theories are nice to but I say "Use it or Lose it"!! :)

wolfmaiden58

you know, IMHO, I don't think the Thoth tarot is an 'oracle' - I believe, from reading the writings of Regardie, Crowley, Reuss etc (ie. the 'new Aeon' pioneers) that the deck describes ones personal journey through the Sepher Sephiroth (and, conversely, the Qlippoth, if one is drawn to the dark side of Magick). It's a key to the Mysteries, an aid to discovery of one's own 'True Will'.

Thus said, I'm finding I have little patience for card casters who attempt to use the deck as a fortune telling tool. I did this for a long time, and came up with 'responses' that were ambiguous, sarcastic, and often, downright rude!!.....

Yes, you have to study the Qabbala, you have to study Astrology, you have to study the collected works of the greatest New Aeon masters - anything less is to mock the whole foundation of the belief system that the deck was built upon.
It's a long hard journey - all the way from The Fool in Malkuth, to The Universe, Binah, above the Abyss - completion of the Great Work in the highest sense - see Duquette's 'Thoth Tarot' page 154.......

93 93/93

Pax et Lux,
wolfie

job

Educate - to draw out. to raise.

Hi

From all I've seen and learned... the tarot is an oracle. I'd even call it a machine.

I agree with you totally about tarot reading. You don't always get what you expect but you don't expect a wicked sense of humour!

I don't get the journey you speak of because there is an inner conflict that cannot be resolved by reading legions of books by those who seem to be stuck in a particular time and place, which for the most part does not interest me. It acts like wallpaper; all the problems are still there, just covered over.

Or to put that another way...

"All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all. It's not all this wearying symbolic misdirection that's being dragged up from the Victorian Age, when no-one was allowed to talk plainly and everything was in coy poetic code. The world's at a crisis point and it's time to stop bullshitting around with Qabalah and Thelema and Chaos and Information and all the rest of the metaphoric smoke and mirrors designed to make the rubes think magicians are 'special' people with special powers. It's not like that. Everyone does magic all the time in different ways. 'Life' plus 'significance' = magic."
Grant (off his head) Morrison
:)

AbstractConcept

I'm under the impression that the fact that Tarot can be used as an oracle is just a secondary, yet conveniant application. This is particularly true of the Thoth. I feel like I would be doing both myself and the deck (as a living book of symbols) a disservice if I consulted it just to find out if so& so will get lucky on the weekend or who will win the next World Cup. It will tell you (ie YOU will tell you) more about yourself than it will about anything else, but only through meditations upon the cards, understanding the sybolism in each key, court, ace and pip etc.

that's my two cent's.