Exploring your Artist's path - SPREAD

Shesawolf

M-Press... with all the suggestions and changes... could you post the newest version of your spread? Please?

BTW.. Saw your cards... and luv'em!! LUV'EM!!

Wisp Wings

M-Press I love how the cards fell for you in "Your Driving Force" and "Your Muse" positions. Your spread is soooooooooo good!

I won't worry on trying to add more in for Higher-Self. I think the spread as is will lean this way. :)

Thank you for making it and for your sharing of it and yourself with all of us.

M-Press

Summary of spread...

Hi!
I'll try and summarize the spread although not much changed and i still don't see it as "closed"...
I tried to incorporate some of the comments, and some I left out because i didn't see the cards give an appropriate answer... (I usualluy try to think of a card that is either The Magician or the 10 of Swords, for each position...If those work, than all will do!)

I switched the positions between 1 and 2. I felt that asking about The Self Portrait FIRST, helped better get into it. Also a portrait includes present AND past. Everything of course is a suggestion...
i wanted to make it as short as possible...
what was important to me by posing here, is that it works, and that people find it helpful. I thought of adding a paragraph of explanation for each card, but then it felt like overdoing it. A spread should be short. ...
I like 9 cards-each for each of the Nine Muses!

so.....

- - - - - - - - EXPLORING YOUR ARTISTIC PATH - for seekers of Higher Creativity - - - - - - - -

1. THE SELF-PORTRAIT
What is your self-image of an Artist. What is your relationship with this identity.

2. THE NOW
Where are you now, while looking at your path ahead with the eyes of an Artist.

3. THE DRIVING FORCE
What is the driving force of your creativity. What feeds the spring of your need to create (internal)

4. THE MUSE
What inspires you. What gets you going. (external)

5. THE BLOCK
What blocks your creativity.

6. THE BLOCK AT WORK
What do you do instead of creating when having a block. What do you spend your time on.

7. THE PRICE
What you need to give up in order to pursue your Artist's path.

8. THE MONEY
Your view on making money and creativity.

9. NEXT STEP
What you need to do next, to make sure you walk where you choose...

- - - - - - - - POSSIBLE ADDITIONS: - - - - - - - -

After #1, before #2:
THE SELF-SUPPORT
What reflections of self has support my pursuits thus far.

After #4, before #5:
CREATIVITY AT WORK
How do you choose to incorporate creativity in your life?

After #4, before #5:
THE OFFERING
What unique messsage do I desire to communicate through my creativity (OR chosen medium)?

Hope this helps!
Thank you for helping me focus!!!
:)

Wisp Wings

I like it just the way you have it made with the nine cards now. The additions are good, but if "KISS" is applied, then the nine as is should do great.

Something that acrossed my mind other day when typing the following:

[Picture an artist palete. Where the "S" is would be the thumb support. If you do use a Significator card, allow it to be here, I personally don't see the need for it due to the other questions, but if you do use it, "What reflections of self has support my pursuits thus far?" ]

Well I typed obviously what was there, but something that was pressing on me that I didn't type. I don't know if you have ever tried this or not, but with this spread it was bearing on me to do it. I may add it for my own use of this spread a time or two to play with. What I am talking of is I do feel that there is enough cards with the nine as is now. Nothing else truly is needed. You may or may not want to add this in. First do you plan to have a book with your deck? If so, or even if not, this may add a bit of spice differing enough from what is expected with tarot spreads. Okay enough hedging, what was pressing on me other day with an "S" placement wasn't a card there, but would allow the Reader to pick up vibs. It would add an element of the Self, could add to the reading and may answer "What reflections of self has support my pursuits thus far?" Psychometry! Ask to use a personal item of the Querent, like a ring or watch, but something that is their's and that they have wore for a good while recently. Place that item in the Self position. Start with holding it and seeing if you are able to pick up any flashes. Go with it. If you don't you don't have to say anything, but you may be surprise how much more intune with the Querent you connect in the reading due to this. As soon as the reading is over, hand back their item to them.

I can't say exactly why it hit me to use this with this spread and not to think or talk on it with other spreads. I think it may be just that things of art, regardless the art form connect and touch at the core of each of us. So it becomes highly personal. I am currently thinking of painting I have bought because of how deeply they resonate with me. Maybe it was due to thinking of the healing arts and gaining understanding from this. I don't know. Anyhow, how much more can a personal item constantly on person be in reaching that same place, getting to the core?

Just sharing what hit at me. :)

tmgrl2

Lovely spread...printed to save....when I use ...will give you credit!

terri

M-Press

Thank you tmgrl2!
the "official" release of the spread will be soon with the deck, but please feel free to use as often as possible!
which reminds methat I need to choose a name for the "credit"!!!!

Wisp Wings!!!-
I'm so flattered and touched about the fact that my spread got you so involved. It's one of those little things that make your day, and maybe way more than that...
I will sure try your idea...
I don't know if it's appropriate to put it in the boolket, just becasue it touches another area, and I very hard try to approach the tarot from a different side.
My surroundings are very non-mystical, and freak out when i go "there"...
Anyway, I'm only too grateful to have the opportunity to hear, take in, discuss, think and be inspired by you and everyone else here...
I'm very happy "it hit you", and even happier you shared it...
i can already see a new experience of readings!
Thank You!
:)

Ivy Rhiannon

M-press you are an awesome artist, and can create a helluva spread! Wow my hat's off to you. Your deck is beautiful, and this spread helped so much! U rock!

M-Press

Oh thank you Ivy R!!!!!
where did you dig that spread from....?..!!!!
I have almost forgotten it was here!
Glad it helped, it helps me too, i do it regularly every month, and then I get new insights of "my situation"! It comes with the deck, in the LWB!

Thank you for letting me know..:)

Chronata

Thank you M-Press for this fabulous spread!
Thank you Ivy Rhiannon for bumping it up!

Somehow...I managed to miss this the first time around!

This is so exactly the spread I need at the moment...I'll let you know how it goes!

Chronata

Oh My! :D

One of the very best spreads...and very helpful readings I have EVER done for myself!

This is really a terrific resource, M-Press!

I absolutely LOVE this spread...
And I can't wait to try it out using your fabulous cards!