Christmas Tarot

nisaba

If we're looking just for random Christmas imagery, you cannot go past Santa as The Emperor in the Whimsical deck.

MoonGypsy

I found this on GameCrafter -- is this a different deck?

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/a-christmas-tarot

Anyone have this? Comments?

CountryMouse

i discovered this one on gamecrafter lately, too...
It seem to be a different deck, from the ones mentioned here.
i think it looks quite nice; so i put it in my cart.
i just haven't taken it to final checkout, yet...
But i probably will.
i want to use it alongside my Yuletide Lenormand,
which i like a lot. [But since we are in "tarot decks", that's all i want to mention,
as to not go off topic here.;)

ctrymaus

i discovered this one on gamecrafter lately, too...
It seem to be a different deck, from the ones mentioned here.
i think it looks quite nice; so i put it in my cart.
i just haven't taken it to final checkout, yet...
But i probably will.
i want to use it alongside my Yuletide Lenormand,
and like a lot. [But since we are in "tarot decks", so that's all i want to mention,
as to not go off topic here.;)

I went ahead and ordered it just now. I don't see anything about a LWB-type sheet or anything. Well, we'll see what shows up. It's supposed to ship on September 15th.

I have the Yuletide Lenormand too...I may see how that goes with it too. Thanks for the idea!

CountryMouse

Tarotwolf

I like the images on the gamecrafter Christmas deck but wonder if the images were just arbitrarily assigned to the cards? ie. the 10 of swords image looks like it should have been used on the 10 of disks. What do others think?

MoonGypsy

I like the images on the gamecrafter Christmas deck but wonder if the images were just arbitrarily assigned to the cards? ie. the 10 of swords image looks like it should have been used on the 10 of disks. What do others think?

i have to admit, some of the cards do puzzle me...
that is the main reason i haven't purchased, as yet...
i agree with you, Tarotwolf, the 10 of Swords looks like
it should be the 10 of Pentacles to me too.

i love the Victorian Christmas images so much;
but how will these cards work as a practical reading deck?
That's the question i keep mulling over...

ctrymaus

i have to admit, some of the cards do puzzle me...
that is the main reason i haven't purchased, yet...

i love the Victorian Christmas images so much;
but how will these cards work as a practical reading deck?
That's the question i keep mulling over...

This is one of those decks that I just had to have. Even if it doesn't read well, it'll be pretty to look at during the Christmas season. :) I guess I'll find out how it reads later this month!

CountryMouse

tarotbear

Tarotwolf, the 10 of Swords looks like it should be the 10 of Pentacles to me, too.

I had to look through the cards twice before I understood what you were referencing -- the extended family reference.

Yes, maybe - I do think they needed to do a little more research for some of the images (there must be MILLIONS of old Christmas card images out there) - why that Santa face is the Hermit exactly? The Pentacles are the holly BERRIES? :confused: But it is a rather cute deck- I wish the titles were a tad larger - as much as I may be downsizing I still may think about obtaining a copy ...

Now - if someone could do a Tarot in '60s Mod' Christmas cards ... that would be groovy! :)

tarotbear

If we're looking just for random Christmas imagery, you cannot go past Santa as The Emperor in the Whimsical deck.

Ooooooo! A Santa on a throne maybe with a 'naughty' and a 'nice' list -- very interesting idea!