has wearing crystals really changed your life?

Sophie

Yes, using stones (wearing them or using them around me in other ways) has absolutely changed my life. But not on its own, in isolation. We are all of a piece - when we need a certain energy in our life, we can work to attract it in a variety of ways, and they all work together. So the energy of crystals works with your own thoughts, and with a corresponding Bach flower (say) or a book you read that really has an effect, a series of massages, a better way of eating, a new project, a creative endeavour, etc. etc. I do think they work objectively on their own - slowly and subtly - but I also think it far more effective to combine therapies, creative actions and positive philosophies to make a winning whole :)

Blackstar

I'm the sceptical one here. :) I got Amethyst and Quartz, took care of them properly and kept them with me but I don't think they made any difference. I definitely didn't have dreams while keeping Amethyst close to me during sleep or generally felt anything different.

But.
My dad was making Orgonites for a while. My mom complained about a certain plant in the garden refusing to grow for years, and then suddenly, one day, she noticed it really grew. I thought it was maybe the climate was a bit different or something, but she said that's not it. Close to the spot she realized, my dad has left a piece of Orgonite and she was convinced that was the reason. Similar thing later happened to me, though I'm still not sure if it was then just a case of "you see what you want to see". I got a Moonstone. I didn't know where to keep it, so I temporarily placed it on the table where I also kept a Bamboo. And then I just left it there. After a month, I noticed how a Bamboo really grew quite fast. Go figure. :)

PrincessPaulina

The crowned one said:
it is the belief that gives power to the item... So when I believe in a rock it adds to my life but when I do not, it does not, much like religion.

Personally, I believe that crystals hold special healing properties.
But I do not "believe in a rock" ~ the rock is a tool, or channel, through which energy can pass.

The crystals' mineral makeup and color frequency allow them to concentrate and disperse specific energies.
So while crystals do serve as aesthetic visual reminders, I believe that they also produce specific energy frequencies to slowly & subtly alter our behavior & energy patterns.

Most of the light workers I know who use crystals or gem stones for healing, or to "attract certain energies", prefer to work with uncut stones (in the raw form).
Some people even say that making a hole in the crystal (to set it in jewelry, for example) reduces the vibrations of the stone.

Personally, when I use crystals with the specific purpose of attracting or channeling energy, I obtain small (palm-sized) tumbled stones to carry around with me.
I prefer onyx or hematite for protection from negative people & vibes, along with Tiger Eye or Lapis Lazuli.

As for wearing jewelry for crystal vibrations, I'd recommend that you search for pieces that are as un-compromising to the stone's original character and integrity as possible. I have a favorite pendant of onyx, pearl and coral. While the stones do have holes made in them, they appear to be set in a sterling silver thicket. When I wear this pendant it gives me a boost of energy & confidence (coral & onyx), while making me feel like a lady (pearl).

I also own some large, raw crystals that I've purchased at gem shows. You can often find good bargains at these events, and they give you the chance to handle and get to know the stones. It is possible to fall in love with a specific type of stone, much the same as you can fall in love with a Tarot deck. For example, I went to a gem show and made a great deal on a large, strange stone that I'd never heard of before. Had I seen this piece on-line I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to it, but physically handling it made me take notice. It is a murky and smoky brownish/greyish color with an unusual, mysterious texture. I was inexplicably drawn to this crystal and kept returning to touch it, until I finally bought it. Once home, I realized that what had been sold to me as "alligator quartz" was more commonly known among light healers as an "elestial crystal." These crystals are thought to enter our lives only when we are ready to receive the energy they bring, and somewhere in my subconscious I must have recognized this.

When I'm not using the crystals I have for energy work, I keep them covered or wrapped up in cloth (just like my tarot cards).
I often sleep with an uncovered crystal on my night table, but once awake always cover it again.
Covering/protecting & cleansing my stones are 2 very important rituals to keeping the vibrations they bring into my life "pure."
If crystals sit around in one place, uncovered and un-cleansed for a long time, their vibrations seem to get murky and faint.

Please excuse the novel-length post :)

linnie

GreenMoonBeam said:
WOW! That comes thro' to me in all your posts in this section, Linnie.
And such a beautiful creation to have in our life when we choose a crystal.
So fulfilling, no?
Love GMB
Totally, GMB :heart: I have been a lover of crystals since I first met with one...(Which was a ring, but I don't wear rings at all... that was given to me by my now Hubby,so it was precious to me.. I really do think cystals do create a beatiful energy anywhere GMB, yes... :):):)
Sophie said:
Yes, using stones (wearing them or using them around me in other ways) has absolutely changed my life. But not on its own, in isolation. We are all of a piece - when we need a certain energy in our life, we can work to attract it in a variety of ways, and they all work together. So the energy of crystals works with your own thoughts, and with a corresponding Bach flower (say) or a book you read that really has an effect, a series of massages, a better way of eating, a new project, a creative endeavour, etc. etc. I do think they work objectively on their own - slowly and subtly - but I also think it far more effective to combine therapies, creative actions and positive philosophies to make a winning whole :)
That's so true, Sophie... like a book, a herb, a song, creating, anything, we are insired to work with something when that something can move us forward, I think... and so it is with crystals... I've had phases of being in love with selenite, lapis, prehnite, quartz,every single crystal... currently in blue aragonite and hemimorphite mode, and blue kyanite, but ALWAYS any stone with rainbow inclusions!!!!!
celticnoodle said:
How sweet of you, Linnie to pass them along to friends. I do tend to buy crystals for my friends too when I find one that I think would benefit them. I, too, have become a crystal carrier. :laugh: I stuff my pockets with them, and I also keep a citrine stone in my wallet, and then some stones (raw amethyst for one) with my tarot decks for the store, and things like this. I am currently working on getting crystals for each room of the house. :laugh: I'm becoming addicted to crystal buying! :D
I have been addicted to crystal buying for decades, celticnoodle,which is possibly why it is easy to gift them to others... i have many, and they are all beautiful, but they are not all mine :):):)
olivia1 said:
Thanks GMB :heart:
i am glad that you mentioned cleansing...how important is it to have the crystals cleansed by the seller..or someone that knows how? is the wearer's intent enough? or is it best to buy from someone who practices riki or crystal healing? I ask because I was told by someone that the reason that some crystals arent as powerful is because they werent properly cleansed with positive energy prior to being worn.Blessings.
Cleansing really is important, whether a tumbled stone or jewellery from 2nd hand shops etc (especially pawn shops, as there is very likely sadness or discordant energy attached to a piece surrendered through need). The seller doesn't need to be a practitioner of anything... sometimes practitioners can have more issues with anger of ego than anyone else... just someone with a clear energy... and then t is you, rather than them that does the clearing of your crystal... under moonligh, in a flowing stream, sunlight, rain, lightning... Mine always go and spend a day and a night, through whatever weather happens, in my labyrinth, and they come out sparkling and ready to play :):):)

The crowned one

PrincessPaulina said:
Personally, I believe that crystals hold special healing properties.
But I do not "believe in a rock" ~ the rock is a tool, or channel, through which energy can pass.

Please excuse the novel-length post :)

Thank-you for your thoughts, I am in the process of considering them.

I believe in the value of aroma therapy, I have experienced it. I need to open my mind a bit more before I shut down stones..

celticnoodle

Blackstar said:
I
But.
My dad was making Orgonites for a while. My mom complained about a certain plant in the garden refusing to grow for years, and then suddenly, one day, she noticed it really grew. I thought it was maybe the climate was a bit different or something, but she said that's not it. Close to the spot she realized, my dad has left a piece of Orgonite and she was convinced that was the reason. Similar thing later happened to me, though I'm still not sure if it was then just a case of "you see what you want to see". I got a Moonstone. I didn't know where to keep it, so I temporarily placed it on the table where I also kept a Bamboo. And then I just left it there. After a month, I noticed how a Bamboo really grew quite fast. Go figure. :)

oooh, Blackstar, thnx for this. I don't recall ever hearing of orgonites, and so I googled it and found some beautiful images of it. I also googled it to get the properties of it and see that is it a made gem with easy to get things. they turn out to be quite pretty! I may try this myself, tho here in this home, I don't have much room to work with to make an orgonite. I may still try it though. very interesting!

peaceandkarma

I started wearing an Azeztulite pendant about five years ago and that seems to have changed my life. As a result of wearing it I have become a lot more spiritual and I stand up for myself a lot more than I used to. As a result I have lost a job I never liked but hopefully the future will be a lot better for me now as I seem to be moving away from negative people and energies.

PrincessPaulina

Isn't it ironic that crystals, which have been around since ancient times, are now a part of information technology and computers?! This just goes to show that they are good conduits of energy:
http://www.scientificcomputing.com/...ld-Key-to-Massive-Computer-Memory-102609.aspx

The crowned one said:
Thank-you for your thoughts, I am in the process of considering them.

I believe in the value of aroma therapy, I have experienced it. I need to open my mind a bit more before I shut down stones..

Thanks so much for your words, Crowned One!
What you said about opening your mind really impressed me, due to my background:

I have a journalism degree, but decided not to pursue news writing professionally due to a number of factors. I was 1st disillusioned by a jaded journalism professor, who told an auditorium full of impressionable, idealistic communication majors: "if you believe that you're ever going to change a reader's mind with anything that you write, you should get out of news writing right now, because it is practically impossible according to statistics." That was a bitter pill to swallow!

Since then, I never attempt to convince anyone of anything - let alone something as personal as belief systems - but I do state my own reasoning when asked. Your open-mindedness was inspiring to me: isn't that what we're all here for, to learn and share from one another?! Yet most people are unfortunately so closed off to hearing anyone but themselves. When I read your post, I so wished my cynical journalism instructor could see it ;)

GreenMoonBeam

Thought I would post an update.

Full details of background not entirely required. (Sorry for that nosey ones J/K).

Some weeks back I got a beautiful piece of tumbled agate. Beatifully colored green, no marks. I asked for a crystal for Strength.

Moving onwards, put the crystal in a top pocket of a winter jacket. Each & every time I have gone out, worn that coat. Gone out, with a feeling of here I go against the world... dramas, issues etc.

Overall the past weeks have been positive. (Amazing considering). Put the coat on last night. The day had neen harrowing. 'Felt' heat in the pocket.
Coat otherwise cold.

Took out the crystal and found it to be drained of color. I know that the crystal has helped big time. I decided to let this stone rest for a while. I have its companion, a slice of Tiger Eye on guard...
Yeah, crystals, eh?
Blessings
GMB

mimiraj

Ok, I was having some problems dealing with my emphatic abilities at work, and with those that I seemed to adsorb negative energies from. I started wearing a chakra necklace with protection and grounding crystals included in the necklace. Since I have been wearing it there is definitely a noticeable difference and I no longer come home from work drained or an emotional mess. The only thing I have done differently from before is wearing the necklace. So, yes I feel it made the difference.