Tarot of Prague Café Club - cards covered so far (the rest of the thread)

bellatrix

thanks bean feasa

I got my ToP last wednesday so I'll be able to come along to the cafe(do you have carrot cake??).
I'm really smitten with my new cards, they're even more gorgeous in real life!
I'll have a chance today to do some catching up. How does the cafe work? Is there any specific order or anything?
See you soon,love bellatrix.

Jewel-ry

Hi there bellatrix,

No pressure here, thats why we've named the group 'cafe club'.

Just makes yourself a cup of coffee (or whatever), get cosy, pick a card, and add your feelings. If you want to begin a new card, thats fine too. Just begin a new thread.

Great to have someone else on board!

J :)

baba-prague

I'm also trying to be around a bit more - was it that mention of carrot cake?

In fact, this week there has been a lot of pressure on getting the new book up to editable standard, but in a week or so that should ease a bit.

Also - good news is that Tarot of Prague is now beginning to be distributed in the US and Canada. These things take ages - much longer than I imagined, but gradually there should be a bigger community who have the deck. Remember that as yet it's really only very small numbers of people (well, it always will be really, but at least with distribution the numbers will be more!)

One of the things I want to do is give something back here (I do learn a lot from reading what you say about the cards) so one possibility is that we give some of the second-edition decks away when they come out? Alex is absolutely set on making some changes (I trust him on this, he has small visual things he wants to do) so it would be interesting asking a couple of people here to be the first to make the comparison. Anyway, that's not for a month or so yet.

Anyway, I also make quite a decent cheesecake!

Bean Feasa

Hey bellatrix,
A big welcome to Aeclectic, and to the ToP café! The cards are out of this world, aren't they? I've been away for a bit over Easter, but am hoping to add some posts this week. So as the others have said, do please join in - add your tuppence-worth to any of the existing threads or start new ones on any cards you find particularly striking. As you can see we're lucky enough to have the deck's designer, Karen, dropping in from time to time, casting pearls of knowledge in our direction and eating up all the carrot cake. :) It's fun, I promise. Looking forward to hearing from you,
best wishes,
Kate

baba-prague

A thought

We are just sending a set of six Tarot of Prague postcards to print. They are super-sized postcards and good enough quality to frame (art printed). We are doing them for American Book Expo so they do have boring details like the ISBN, price etc. But there is enough space for a note and an address. They are also, of course, very limited edition, which might be attractive for anyone who collects.

Would you like to run a small Tarot of Prague coffee club competition to win a set of these? (We can of course give away more than one set.)
I can't think for now how to do this - but it might be more fun than cyber-carrot-cake, and perhaps we could make it a genuinely useful way to look deeper into the cards.
What do you think?

Bean Feasa

That sounds like a really nice idea, Karen!
Unfortunately, like yourself, I can't quite think how it could be done at the moment, but some devious scheme might float into my tiny brain as the day wears on. Or better still, Jewel-ry, or some of the others might have a suggestion how to organise it - I've seen glimpses of things like this done elsewhere on the boards, will have a look when I get some more time. You're very kind to make the offer.
blessings,
Kate

baba-prague

I'll have a think too. Not thinking very well today as just had to send all this to the printers AND supposed to get the first draft of the book out to the editor. It is all making me a bit distracted.

We could do "facts about Prague" but I think that could be a bit dull. It would be best to have something directly about the cards I think.

Let's see if anyone comes up with anything good. Now, fingers crossed that the postcards come out really well (they should do, our printers are award-winning and all that).

We are also about to begin final print work on ToP second edition. Again, a bit nail-biting as we have to think carefully what we really do and don't want to change.

Ah well, not really complaining in fact as I love being able to do such things as a job!

Jewel-ry

Thats a great idea Karen, I shall certainly put my thinking cap on too!

J :)