Minchiate

3ill.yazi

So does anybody actually use a Minchiate deck for divination? What kind of system have you worked out?

feynrir

I actually have kind of been "commissioned" to read with my Minchiate (an il Meneghello one; whichever is the less sought-after, I am forgetting the name!).

My own overall card-reading system is pretty intuitive already. I very much read the images and how they interact in a spread, in context with the question being asked. I also am heavily into astrology so that does help with that portion of the deck. The elements and other specialties I just take as they come.

In short, I have a very open style of reading that lends itself well to most any deck, and I find the Minchiate no exception. In fact, I find that it gives me a lot of similar information that any tarot deck would give--it just spreads that information out a little farther rather than clustering lots of things together. A "clustery" deck would be in the RWS vein, in my eyes: a deck that jams a lot of specifics in visually.

Etteillas are the most difficult in my eyes, but I find them a really nice challenge because they are very, very systematic and different.

Does this make sense? Doesn't seem like I have much of a "system" at all, but I hope I've helped!

3ill.yazi

Oh, it makes a lot of sense. And I agree about the Etteilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jema

It is basically just a TdM with some extra cards, so I read it as such and just whinge it when I get something new :-D
I only got one Minchiate but it is charming.

Attachments

• minchiate.jpg
    minchiate.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 194