Selenite: Useful for Clearing Crystals and Stones

joopjoo

The use of a Selenite slab is an effective and timesaving way to clear crystals and stones. Whether utilizing stones and crystals for programming, healing, lithomancy (gemstone divination), or grid work, placing stones on a crystalline Selenite slab, for even a few hours, is an excellent method for clearing and recharging them. Selenite is one of a very few minerals with these specific metaphysical capabilities/properties.
Not only is Selenite useful for clearing negative or unwanted energies from crystals and stones, it may also be used to effectively clear ritual and ceremonial tools, jewelry, tarot cards, even the surroundings (In addition to a multitude of other metaphysical attributes, Selenite has a calming and uplifting quality similar to Fluorite….)!
Comprised of some of the lightest elements on earth (calcium, sodium, oxygen, and hydrogen), Selenite vibrates to a very high frequency, and for this reason, is an extremely powerful lightworking tool. In addition, it is a natural form of fiber optic, making it especially useful for transmitting white light, and colored light.
Selenite is a crystalline form of Gypsum. The beautiful Satin-Spar variety is bright white, opaque, and light refractive (light shimmers on its surface). The Gem-Ice variety is crystal clear, allowing it to absorb and emit light. Both forms are exceptionally energetic, and versatile, making Selenite an outstanding tool for use in crystal work Selenite does not ever need to be cleared. It is self-clearing, and self-charging. However, it does enjoy an occasional respite under the light of a full moon (just make sure and bring the crystal inside before morning, as her association is the moon, and not the sun…). It is also important to note that Selenite should never be placed in or near liquid, as it is water-soluble, and will dissolve over time. Blessings, - JJ

chrisam-crystals

oh how i adore selenite!

it's energy just screams out goddess and the moon to me. :D

i have quite a few chunky wands of it and i like to use them to direct energy, and have found them very helpful when dealing with troublesome children who are making a fuss because they can't get their own way.....lol

jue xx

mingbop

and have found them very helpful when dealing with troublesome children
you throw it at them then, aye ?.... lolol bad mingbop !

joopjoo

Yet another use for Selenite...

I did not realize that Selenite could be used to "clear" children of negative energy as well... LOL! Think I'll break some of that magical stuff out right now and put that theory to the test!!! ;) - JJ

redflash

Wow, I gotta try that ! My little boy is well into his terrible twos, while most of the time he is a little sweetheart, when he blows, he blows ! Will keep an eye out for a selenite wand.

Sophie

Good advice, thanks. I'll try and find one for travelling. I use a largish clear (rock) crystal cluster, in which I place my working crystals and stones for clearing and charging. Clear crystal works very well to bring the natural energy of the stone to its working best - either clearing it, or recharging it. I bought mine on the advice of a lithotherapist, and I've noticed a difference when I work the stones, particularly on the body. But it's not very practical to travel with, so I'm glad for any alternative!

chrisam-crystals

naught bad mingbop..........i don't throw it at them.

i usually just lock them up in a cupboard! :D

this thread actually prompted me to sleep with one of my selenite wands last night, and i had the most wonderful dream about a friend that i haven't seen in years......it brought back some very funny memories of a mispent youth.....;)

sharpchick

Of all my spheres, my selenite sphere is my favorite.

chrisam-crystals

oh lucky you having a sphere. :)

the only spheres that i have at the moment are a couple of small clear quartz, tiger eye, rose quartz and sodalite......but no selenite.

jue xx

sharpchick

It's gorgeous. . . a little over three inches in diameter with a perfect window all the way through the middle of it. During full moon rituals, it pulses with energy.

Selenite Sphere
I love it.