more purple agate

Filipa

cardlady22 said:
dark blue and white might be sodalite or dumortierite

blue/purple end of the spectrum possibilities:
agate, amethyst, charoite, fluorite, iolite, purpurite, tanzanite

more purple agate

thanks
i do have some agate here that i easily identified and this ones i just don't know

here's a better picture
the lightning is still not great but i hope you can help me :)

Attachments

• cr.jpg
    cr.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 234

morticia monroe

Filipa, are they a blue tinted purple, or a reddish purple? It's hard to get the color and detail from the photos, but if reddish purple,the two on the right look like they could be tumbled garnets.

Filipa

i'm back for more :D

my list doesn't mention any garnets
i still haven't figured out what are those but here i am again with another pic :laugh:
i'm thinking the green one may be aventurine
(the one in the right is dark orange)

Attachments

• IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 207

cardlady22

I'd agree that the green is probably aventurine; the orange next to it is probably carnelian.

That larger one (of the 3) looks similar to red aventurine, if it's not a garnet. Are the other 2 red with brown or black specks/lines?

Filipa

cardlady22 said:
I'd agree that the green is probably aventurine; the orange next to it is probably carnelian.

That larger one (of the 3) looks similar to red aventurine, if it's not a garnet. Are the other 2 red with brown or black specks/lines?

the smaller one looks sort of a brick orange and the dots are brown

the other one has brown lines too but on the other side it's lighter orange with white stripes

the bigger one has a sort of pink tone with brown so i don't think it's red adventurine or garnet (this one is driving me crazy)

cardlady22

They are definitely a bit of a puzzle, aren't they? I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with other pinkish-red toned things that have mica-like sparkle to them. (Or am I adding things to the pic that aren't there in the stone?) Lepidolite with some other stone mixed? Tourmaline?

What about sardonyx for the one that has orange and white lines on the opposite side?

Filipa

cardlady22 said:
They are definitely a bit of a puzzle, aren't they? I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with other pinkish-red toned things that have mica-like sparkle to them. (Or am I adding things to the pic that aren't there in the stone?) Lepidolite with some other stone mixed? Tourmaline?

What about sardonyx for the one that has orange and white lines on the opposite side?

yes it does look like that an i'm supposed to have a rhodonite somewhere and i can't find it, could this be it?

and yes that one certainly is sardonyx!!

thank you so much for helping me :D

cardlady22

Rhodonite does have a wide variety in the pink shades. I think you've found it.

Filipa

it's me again :D

everytime i look at my stones i see something new
here goes another pic

http://i42.tinypic.com/15zuyh.jpg

the 2 in the left corner are the same, but i don't know what they are :|