new satya incenses are they any good?

awookie

Are the new satya incenses worth purchasing and what do they smell like?

Sunrise
Midnight
Celestial
Patchouli Forest

Thank You

Briar Rose

I haven't tried that brand. I tried looking it up and the companies the sell it are very good. So I bet anything would burn pure, not smokey. Did you look through the other incense thread?

I am in love with the Darshan company and another one called,

Sairaj, the purple incense people. This incense puts me in another state of mind. I love it and it is very dear to my heart.

http://www.nmcnews.org/dhoop/dhoop.html

awookie

do you know what the shelf life of incense is? I can never be sure how long it should last. I have added the link to my list and will try to locate some in the uk. I will try my local Buddhist centre for the incense they are really helpful.
Thanks

gregory

What type do you use ? For the UK - Prinknash is lovely - but it is the "proper" crystalline sort....

I have never had any go off - nor the stick sort, come to that.

HearthCricket

awookie said:
Are the new satya incenses worth purchasing and what do they smell like?

Sunrise
Midnight
Celestial
Patchouli Forest

Thank You

Midnight is wonderful! It is a bit strong, but I love it! Very mystical. It may have a little Nag Champa scent to it, but mostly it is a scent all of its own and I am not sure what else I can compare it to. It burns very cleanly, like the others by Satya. You can get it in small packages, but mine is 100 grams and I am not sorry! I kept sniffing it on the way home from the store we bought it from, half an hour away, and the car was scented wonderfully!

awookie

Midnight I am adding to my list. I use Tulasi moon incense. Yet I always go back to nag champa. I also like sweetgrass and sage if all else fails.

Aulruna

Midnight is indeed wonderful :D

Amazon describes this scent like this:
Fill your home with the bright and refreshing scent of Satya Midnight Incense Sticks. This invigorating aroma is ideal for sweeping a new lease of life into your home and energizing your senses.

I can attest to the enegrizing part, but I'd not classify it as refreshing - it's more of a mystical, warm scent.

HearthCricket

Aulruna said:
Midnight is indeed wonderful :D

I can attest to the enegrizing part, but I'd not classify it as refreshing - it's more of a mystical, warm scent.

I am so glad you like it! :D I agree. I don't think of it as refreshing, but rather a Nag Champa sweet scent, but warmer and with exotic oriental overtones!

awookie

I have put an order in for the Midnight incense. looking forward to trying it.

Hathor

Good incense has a shelf life of up to two years and more.