How does your garden grow?

sharpchick

Here are some pics of my garden last month. . .My garden altar is just around the bend to the left of the path and it's not very small. . . ;)

Attachments

• Relax_Small.JPG
    Relax_Small.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 82
  • climbing rose.jpg
    climbing rose.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 79
  • circle herb garden1.jpg
    circle herb garden1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 82

redflash

That's gorgeous sharpchick ! It looks so peaceful. I hope I can get my garden looking good.

I wish I could have a good size altar in the garden, I haven't got room for one in my house. But there's no privacy anywhere in my garden so it will have to be hidden in the soon-to-be made herb garden. If I ever leave this horrible place I hope I get somewhere with a very private garden so I can have an altar that I don't have to hide. xx

Le vert

everyone's looks so nice:)

here is mine.my veranda:) but I cannot photo all of my herbs...actually too many to do..

mainly,mints,camomiles,wild strawberry,rosemary,geranium,basil and so on...:)

Attachments

• 060608_1508~01.jpg
    060608_1508~01.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 76
  • wild.jpg
    wild.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 79

catlin

redflash said:
If I ever leave this horrible place I hope I get somewhere with a very private garden so I can have an altar that I don't have to hide. xx

Oh, you can also make an altar that does not look like an altar at first sight. You can take eg a slab of stone and decorate that, eg with a triskele or triquetta or whatever symbol. You can use plants that are dedicated to your God/dess, you can make a nice arrangement with some stones, pebbles, feathers, whatever.

Sophie

Good idea, catlin. I'll borrow it for myself :). I don't have an altar-shaped table, I have a small round table I can use. I like round tables, they fit my philosophy of life ;). I'll see what I can organise by way of an altar. Mind you, I don't feel the need to disguise it - I would just like everyone to feel comfortable around it, if it's going to be in a place that is not all my own (i.e. the terrace!).

On a less happy note, one of my basil pots has failed :(. One is thriving, the other not - go figure. I will replant some more basil, see if it takes. I wonder if it's something in the pot? My daisy pot is not very happy either. The rest of the flowers are doing fine, including the roses - but not the daisy. I wish I knew why. It's not been too hot, or too cold. Maybe too windy? Do daisies dislike the wind?

For the last lot of herbs I planted, including the second basil pot, I did a little dedication ceremony, very simple. I planted them early in the morning, and my terrace faces East - South-East. The pots are all thriving. I hadn't done that for the basil that failed - or for the daisy for that matter. Might it have made a difference? I always plant with love and intent, surely that counts too?

Anyway, I'll try and take a few pictures and post them later.

catlin

Helvetica said:
Good idea, catlin. I'll borrow it for myself :). I don't have an altar-shaped table, I have a small round table I can use. I like round tables, they fit my philosophy of life ;)

Guess what? My altar table in the reading room is in fact a round bistro table, one of those with a cast iron foot and a round marble table top. You can use any table you like, no rules ;)

sharpchick

My garden altar is very simple - a gravelled rectangle about 8 feet by 6 feet with candlestands made of wood and topped with a ceramic tile for the quarter candles (made for me by a Christian friend who thought the idea of a garden altar was so cool, he wanted to contribute), and my altar in the middle. My altar has a 30 inch tall column I bought from a garden supply store, topped with a 24 inch square granite tile similar to those used for paving patios. The altar is located just to the left of the gravel path in the pic, and unfortunately was obscured by the mulberry tree beside it. My little pond is to the right (south) of the altar and the sound of the water gently burbling adds something to outdoor rituals for me.

When I get pics, I'll post.

Le vert

how is the best for camomile?

my veranda is usually sun-flooded but in these days,here the weather is very windy and ticklish.

sometimes very hot.and today is chilly.

after the a storm-force wind..only camomiles are burning out.some of them went off..
aside from them.others..especially mints are sooo powerful.wildstrawberries as well..

I'm considering I need to re-plant new ones..- camomiles

Le vert

This heart shaped one has been made recently.
...with succulent plants.

I'm not working in these days.
...just creating some to make me confortable.

here is cloudy with occasional showers of rain..was not so nice to have far to go...

Attachments

• taniku.jpg
    taniku.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 68
  • topia.jpg
    topia.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 73

sharpchick

How cool, Le Vert. It looks like you are very creative with containers. I do quite a bit of container gardening, too, but I am not nearly as good with the combinations of plants in one container.