Rock Identification!

Greywoolfe

From what I can see, picture 1 is as follows:

1 Looks like Selenite.
2 Bloodstone.
3 Orange Calcite.
4 Haematite.

Picture 2 appears to be Green Aventurine, and I'm not sure what picture 3 is, probably Blue Lace Agate.

Azarial

Thank you for all of your suggestions. Ok, after looking on pictures on the internet of your suggestions.

1. I am positive that it is Selenite.
2. Definately Bloodstone.
3. I'm not sure, but it does look a lot like Calcite as was suggested.
4. I have no idea, but it is definately not Hematite.

A./B. I have no idea about this one. They are definately the same kind of rock, I do know that. But, I actually remembered that it was a kind of rare type of rock, and it started with a P. It was a very strange name.

-Pamela

Ruby7

Azarial said:
A./B. I have no idea about this one. They are definately the same kind of rock, I do know that. But, I actually remembered that it was a kind of rare type of rock, and it started with a P. It was a very strange name.

-Pamela

I mentioned Larimar earlier. Larimar is acutally blue Pectolite.

Ruby7

Acadia

Rock 1: Either Selenite or Ulexite (you can easily test this by putting the stone over text... If the text magnifies, it's Ulexite. If it doesn't, it's Selenite).

Rock 2: Without a doubt, Bloodstone

Rock 3: Without a doubt, Calcite

Rock 4: It's hard to tell, but I tend to lean towards thinking it's Sodalite.

Rocks A and B: Amazonite.... I'm 90% positive. I have pieces that look a lot like those two.

It's not Pectolite as Pectolite isn't found tumbled (at least, not that I've heard of), and there's no way that it's Larimar. Larimar doesn't tumble well at all, and it doesn't have a high sheen to it, it has more of a matte sheen to it. The crystalization in that one stone completely rules it out as Larimar.

Ruby7

Acadia said:
The crystalization in that one stone completely rules it out as Larimar.

Good point. I would agree that a and b look more like Amazonite, was just trying to think of something that might fit beginning with P.

Ruby7