Book of Destiny = M.lle Lenormand Cartomancy Cards???

finn

Below is the UR: to the book of destiny cards:

http://www.alidastore.com/indexen.html

I was thinking of ordering it, but si it the same as Lenormand's cards? 'coz if so, then i don't need to order it. thanks.

Diana

finn: these are not Lenormand cards. If they were, they would be called Lenormand cards. ;)

Also, there are only 33 cards in this deck. Lenormand decks have 36 cards.

finn

oh! thank you...

does anyone what's the difference then? anyone tried the book of destony before? accurate? or just rubbish? :p

Damien X

I'm kind of unsure if this thread is of current interest anymore, but the thing is that I own the mentioned deck and therefore decided to reply with a line or two. :eek:)

The 'Book of Destiny' is in fact an ordinary deck of playing cards with explaining pictures and text printed on them - the denomination is to be found in the upper left corner. Rather like the minors in the Tarots actually. They have this sort of... 'romantic' look and feel to them, and that's why I chose'em. The 'Book of Destiny is also a great tool to learn and practice the '32-cards-technique' (also called the Italian method, but is associated with several other names) - that is interpreting the cards from number 7 and up. After a while one could proceed with regular playing cards. I myself on the other hand just use them very sporadically.

Otherwise you could save yourself the money by buying a regular deck of ordinary playing cards - learning the special techique from a book or the Internet, if you're not a sucker for anachronistic and romantic ideals like me...

Damien X

Oh, I just forgot your second question:

The difference between the 'Book of Destiny' and 'The oracle of Mlle Lenormand' is that the later mentioned one has its own set of symbols and is totally (well, that's another story...) unique -even from a historic point of view, whereas the former one is simply, as written in the reply above, yet another version of the ordinary deck of playing cards. Feel free to mail me if you've got any more ponderings on the subject. :eek:)

violinlily

I just have one question: what's the difference between oracle, tarot, and cartomancy cards?? I'm pretty stupid for the number of posts I have.

zorya

violinlily,

that is a very good question! :) all of the above are oracles, tarot included. cartomancy, is divination using playing cards.

this forum, for the ease of differentiating between tarot and other divination cards, calls the others, oracles.

violinlily

thank you Zorya!!! makes sense now!!
ttyl

merangue kitty

damn,i had to search to find this..

anyone tried the book of destony before? accurate? or just rubbish?

as far as i can tell, nobody has yet answered the question..i dont know how old this thread is, causei had the search to find it, but i'll reply anyway.

i own the book of destiny cards. they are -not- just regular playing cards. if they were, you'd have a deck of 52, not of 33, and i dont recall a blank card in regular playing cards (have you ever played poker with these things, it's next to impossible)

i find the book of destiny cards to be very accurate, both in future and thought readings, and even if you read yourself, it is likely to show something you didnt really know was there (i did my first readings using this deck, the day i found it,the day my grandmother died, and found it to be very accurate, especially in the thought reading, making it ery clear ot me what i was feeling, what i suspected and such, though in my head it remained muddled until then.) and the method to be much easier to learn than that of more 'standard' decks

well..i really only searched because someone suspected my deck was a lenormand..now i know it isn't..i bid you all good day.

Phoenix Rising

How to do the shuffle

I have just bought this deck off trademe, but I'm unsure of the layout. Can anyone tell me, how to choose the cards, and lay it out....Thanks

Phoenix