amado crowley 777 tarot

knightofrainbows

has anyone got this card deck?

Alta

Do you have a website or other reference for it?

Alta

Thanks, quite a different style from A.C. but then it isn't an original deck it seems, but copied from an older deck. Doesn't appeal to me, but certainly would be interested if hear if anyone has it and what their thoughts are.

I take it from another post of yours that you do not have it but wish to acquire it?

knightofrainbows

ive already bought the book. the card deck costs £40 so i'll have to wait.
the card deck has two extra suits Crowns and Acorns plus 4 extra major arcana cards. this tarot deck is an original romany gypsy hand painted tarot deck, passed down the family male-female, female-male for about 300 years.
this card deck is THE original, albiet re-painted by Amado Crowley

Aeon418

Amado Crowley! Isn't he that mad guy who claims he is the secret son of Aleister Crowley? :D

Alta

That is what it says on his site. Well, he doesn't say he's mad, but he does say he is the illegitimate son of Crowley.

Aeon418

If you claim you're Crowley's illegitimate son your books sell, for a while at least anyway. ;)
Amado Crowley was denounced as a fraud a long time ago.

Aeon418

In his book "The Triumph of the Moon", Ronald Hutton does a good job of showing how suspect Amado Crowley's claims are. On the occasions that Amado says he was with Aleister, Crowley's own diaries say nothing or contradict Amado completely.
Hutton tried to look into Amado's past and came up empty. Probably because it doesn't exist. Someone called Andrew Standish does though. ;) heh heh

Ross G Caldwell

I don't believe he is the son of AC, but I believe -

1 - his mother might have told him he was;
2 - he is a genuine occultist (not a real charlatan) - his teachings seem solid, if a little light. This is just a superficial view - I haven't read much of him, and I don't intend to.

I therefore think he's harmless, and his deck has charm.

But if AC is his main claim to fame - why bother listening to him otherwise? - then it is probably better to go to AC first. Usually that's enough to quench your thirst for a few decades at least.