Queen of Cups Confusion

hope

I am soooo confused at the moment. :(

The Queen of Cups keeps coming up in my readings and she doesn't make any sense to me... ever! She is elusive. Amorphous might be a good way to describe her right now. Maybe even ambivelent.

I've gotten the idea that she will reflect the things/people/events around her. And that she's a very emotional individual -- water of water and all... But all this is leaving her very wishy-washy in my mind.

Please help. Like I said, she keeps coming up... she has something important for me to understand and I can't seem to get it.

Bad_Calvin

I don't know the people you know but you sound emotional. Perhaps she is just trying to tell you to be less emotional, are artistic, or maybe she is you.

TenOfSwords

I always see her as existing in the streams that flow through her, directing their flow with her will. I see her principally as fixed water... Scorpio

And yes, that is amorphous, but not elusive... she has every bit as much presence in her domain as the other courts (in my view).

Itika

Things moves from top to bottom - from soul to body. Queen of Cups shows how it goes. The water is element of the soul. If you have "mercurial twists of temperament" and come out Queen of Cups, it's an advice - clear your soul!

Edge

hope said:
I am soooo confused at the moment. :(
The Queen of Cups keeps coming up in my readings and she doesn't make any sense to me... ever!
What kind of spreads, what positions, how is she dignified etc. ? IMO these often effect a cards "meaning" and always seem to help clarify things.
hope said:
I've gotten the idea that she will reflect the things/people/events around her. And that she's a very emotional individual -- water of water and all...
I think some of these impressions are correct. She is tranquil, intuitive, graceful and mysterious. Go with your first impressions, they may prove right.

Zephyros

The Queen of Cups is one of my favorite cards. It is the ultimate card of feminine, intuitive emotion and tender feeling. A very beautiful card. However, she has more to her than that. Notice that her face is partly hidden. she knows more than she is letting on, and never shows her full capacity and knowledge.

If she keeps coming up for you, perhaps there are feelings within yourself that you are hiding from, a certain hidden affection for some one perhaps.

hope

Bad_Calvin said:
I don't know the people you know but you sound emotional. Perhaps she is just trying to tell you to be less emotional, are artistic, or maybe she is you.

Ha! Would you believe I was trying to NOT sound especially emotional. :) But I am... I mean, I've been known to cry at those sappy Halmark commercials.

Actually, Bad Calvin, you've hit on part of my dilemma. Is she pointing out something I need to get some control of or is she me? I can see how both could fit. I need to get a better grasp on who she is and what she represents in order to decide.

TenOfSwords

hope said:
Is she pointing out something I need to get some control of or is she me? I can see how both could fit.

You sure that's two seperate things?

hope

Edge said:
What kind of spreads, what positions, how is she dignified etc. ? IMO these often effect a cards "meaning" and always seem to help clarify things.

I know what you mean and I agree completely. But with this... I'm stumped. I like to do a 4-card daily reading about where I am physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. She showed up ill-dignified in the intellectual position one day, ill-dignified in the spiritual position 3 days later, and in the emotional postion 3 days after that.

So by this point I'm thinking that she IS me. Then (3 days later) the Queen of Wands shows up representing what I bring to a certain situation. In the reading, she seemed to represent ME, which left me wondering if the Queen of Cups is me or if the Queen of Wands is me?

A couple days later, I tried the Big, Bad Wolf Spread I saw in another thread and the Queen of Cups turned up ill-dignified as my Big, Bad Wolf!

She's also shown up this past week as an indication of how I should conciously behave on the job and as a waxing influence in my profession life.

All of this has been in the last month.

ravenest

hope said:
I've gotten the idea that she will reflect the things/people/events around her. And that she's a very emotional individual -- water of water and all... But all this is leaving her very wishy-washy in my mind.
Have a look at what she is doing on the card. I suggest you do some water scrying. Fill a bowl, large cup, chalice, whatever with a dark liquid; wine, ink and water, etc. Try it under the Moon. Look deeply into it, give it plenty of time ...