OTO card

Nininka

Hello all,

what exactly is the OTO card ?
I dont know what the abbreviation stands for, is it for an order that Crowley was a member of ?

And does it have a specific reason to be in the deck, as in shall it be used in the spreads and when it shows up it has a meaning ?

Thanks so much for help :)
Kat

Edge

Ordo Templi Orientis. I'll give you my answer, no wikipidea, etc. of course feel free to research this yourself.

OTO is a magickal order and religious entity. It is no mistake that this card is in the Thoth deck. After all it was the OTO that made sure the deck was even published originally. Why is it there..... Thoth is considered a central part of the Holy Canon of Thelema. This deck is a sacred item and magical tool. Some will disagree with this but nevertheless, it's true. Should an someone wish to correspond with the OTO for any reason, this card gives instruction on how to do so.

To use it in divination is a useless exercise IMO, I simply placed mine inside the box the deck came in. Hope this has helped some. :)

Rusty Neon

The text of the OTO card is a good way of identifying, and distinguishing between, the various early colour-editions of the Thoth deck.