Harmonious Threes

Hemera

This thread is just as wonderful as the aces thread. great work! Thank you for all the interesting ideas..

I find it interesting that one of the Graces in the 3 of Cups has a peacock feather fan. I used to love Victoria Holt´s romantic novels and one was about a priceless and unlucky peacock feather fan. Actually, as I recall it, it was unlucky only to those to whom it did not belong. The rightful owner had no problems with it. Anyway, peacocks are birds of Goddess Hera, who is the Goddess of home, family traditions etc.

Oh, such a fun idea about the 3 of swords including a phallic and "suggestive" idea. LOL. I hadn´t thought of that -but why not?!!
What I first saw here was the broken arrow on the ground (to suggest peace) and the new arrow Eros has in his hands is something he has made out of the plant. It looks like the plant leaf, which (I think) is called Sagittaria in latin, because of the arrow-like leaves. (Walter Crane was of a generation who surely knew his Botany!)

Keavy McGee

Ah, hemera, I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions. I MUST get my fives posted asap!!

Hugs,

Keavy/Cairbre

Hemera

:D Looking forward to your posts
*asap* of course :D

madhavendra

I am just exploring my Harmonious deck and i love it. Still I have hard time with adjusting to some cards. One of them is 3 o Chalices. For me this card means happines, social life, festivity, I am used to the way Rider-Wait decka does it, but the 3 of Chalices in Harmonious deck doesn feel happy and spontanious- it looks like these three women gossip about someone, the face of the women on the right seems to be shocked, or disgusted. Does anyone feels the same, or this is just me? Someone has some other feelings about this card? Thanks.

I'm going to ask for some other confusing cards of this deck in other topic, I dont want to do off topic here.

madhavendra

So far there was so much said about 3's, so I would just add short comment about 3 of Swords.

The clouds we see in the distance are not getting closer; actually I think they are dispersing; in 2 we had fragile balance, we couldnt decide, and most likely whatever we would decide, would not be good any way. But now the sky is getting clear. There are no more hidden oposit elements. We are able to see pure situation- something hit us, it hurt, but we survived, and now we see what we are left with. Ok; one arrow is broken and useless- we lost something, some of our assets were taken away from us, but we still have the second arrow. And doesnt it look like stronger and longer arrow, then the broken one? Usually the hard times make us stronger (or mercilessly break us ;), and it seems that we survived. Well I would say this three isnt that bad card at all.

I got no idea who is the girl in the water :)

And shortly about 3 of Pentacles. You see it or as painter painting female model, or painter having his own writer, who is recording artist's life.
For me they are just 2 friends (or couple) who are enjoying their skills. It came to me, because sometimes my wife and me look like this :) . She sits at her desk and draws, and I am laying on my couch and write poetry and other stuff. Unfortunately we got no idea how to make money with that, but on this card these two fellows started to surf on the waves of good karma- they enjoy what they are doing, and they are going to be materially rewarded for that. They just discovered their potential, and they know how to use it to built strong and stable foundations of their material wellbeing.
(I hope I am not speculating too much:))

Martin

Grip Dellabonte

Hey, Martin! I don't have the deck with me so I'm trying to go by memory. But...

I am just exploring my Harmonious deck and i love it. Still I have hard time with adjusting to some cards. One of them is 3 o Chalices. For me this card means happines, social life, festivity, I am used to the way Rider-Wait decka does it, but the 3 of Chalices in Harmonious deck doesn feel happy and spontanious- it looks like these three women gossip about someone, the face of the women on the right seems to be shocked, or disgusted. Does anyone feels the same, or this is just me? Someone has some other feelings about this card? Thanks.

I can vaquely remember their faces, and I do see what you mean. I don't necessarily get frivolity from this card, but the women are definitely confidantes. They seem familiar and comfortable with each other, and yes, they could be gossiping! HA! But, I know sometimes when I am with my girlfriends, I do love to say things that shock them - even if it doesn't involve another person. And they often seem to enjoy being shocked. Women, eh?!

I like that the card is open to so many different interpretations. Your insight into it is yet another way of looking at it and it could easily find its way into a reading because the looks are so subtle.

What do you know! I didn't think I would have so much computer access, and here I am responding to a thread!

Grip Dellabonte

The clouds we see in the distance are not getting closer; actually I think they are dispersing; in 2 we had fragile balance, we couldnt decide, and most likely whatever we would decide, would not be good any way. But now the sky is getting clear. There are no more hidden oposit elements. We are able to see pure situation- something hit us, it hurt, but we survived, and now we see what we are left with. Ok; one arrow is broken and useless- we lost something, some of our assets were taken away from us, but we still have the second arrow. And doesnt it look like stronger and longer arrow, then the broken one? Usually the hard times make us stronger (or mercilessly break us , and it seems that we survived. Well I would say this three isnt that bad card at all.

I like this explanation a lot! I never noticed the clouds dissipating. Good call. LOVE the way you see the arrows. That makes sense and is a great help to me in explaining the three of swords.

Your outlook on the three of pents is nice. Very peaceful. Two people secure and relaxed, enjoying each other's company.

As an aside, it's just funny how cards can change on you. There is a card of an individual in another deck. When he comes up, I always get a feeling of support from him. Once when he came up, he appeared to be chastising me! Surprising, yet it did work in the reading.