The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

mooncat2

You know, I'm really enjoying this PDR. I thought it would be interesting but I didn't expect it to be quite so addictive. I look forward to logging on and reading everyone's posts. It's also very deck enabling; I've already succumbed to the Magical Forest. It's a deck which has surprised me, I know that it isn't at all as fluffy as its name suggests but it really has great depth in those little creatures.

Not fluffy at all, essjay, as I'm discovering too. I find their messages come through very clearly and simply.

Loving this group and the blog reading is addictive indeed. :)

KarlThomas

Essjay said:
You know, I'm really enjoying this PDR. I thought it would be interesting but I didn't expect it to be quite so addictive. I look forward to logging on and reading everyone's posts. It's also very deck enabling; I've already succumbed to the Magical Forest. It's a deck which has surprised me, I know that it isn't at all as fluffy as its name suggests but it really has great depth in those little creatures.

Me too! Bought one from Dan last week, love it.

Seafra

mooncat2 said:
Loving this group and the blog reading is addictive indeed. :)

I find that the readings have a subtle slant that touch my own life. Am enjoying the freakishness of that.

Essjay

KarlThomas said:
Me too! Bought one from Dan last week, love it.

If anything, at the end of this year we will all have a whole load of decks that we didn't think we'd have, lol.

:)

autumnsdaughter

Posted another reading- a quickie this time.

I'm reading for my friend tomorrow, and wanted to know how it would go.

I'm starting to dig deeper with Llewellyn. It is totally possible to just treat it like a pretty deck- I mean, yeah, it is pretty... but it has all of this lore behind it, which is becoming easier to integrate into the readings. Before I started the PDR, the majors seemed awkward because I was really lost on the legends- I wasn't getting it. But little by little, the legends are becoming more second nature, and I am realizing how apt they are in the readings. Loving it more with every reading.

souljourney

Posted a new reading...

firefrost

I've posted with my last VR card for now...

Onyx

Essjay said:
If anything, at the end of this year we will all have a whole load of decks that we didn't think we'd have, lol.

:)

I know what you mean but this way we will have each other's blogs to help us learn each of the amazing decks . . . right? So that would make it okay to be a bunch of new and different decks?

Oh boy, better get back to MY primary deck.

Onyx.

pangolin

a change of deck

I've decided to put the Elemental aside for a while, though I hope to return to it later in the year. It was a hard thing to do, because I feel fickle for dropping it so early in the process. However, it doesn't make sense to keep working with the Elemental right now, when I've found a couple of other decks that read fantastically well for me.

Instead, I'll be working with the Tarot Nova. My latest blog post is up, using this new deck.

firecatpickles

pangolin, I changed my deck after three weeks lol.