2012: Tarot of Ascension

faunabay

I'm actually one of the people who didn't really like the Dark Grimoire deck. :( It wasn't truely the art I didn't like with the DG (it is a bit dark but.....) it was more the content.

I like the idea of this deck, but since I didn't like the DG do you all think I might like this one???? But also when I think of 2012 I think of "lighter" images. I think that's the biggest reason I'm hesitating. (shrug) Like I said I really like the idea of it but am not sure I'm going to connect with these images.

Essjay

faunabay said:
I'm actually one of the people who didn't really like the Dark Grimoire deck. :( It wasn't truely the art I didn't like with the DG (it is a bit dark but.....) it was more the content.

Me too! I love the artwork of the DG but don't know any lovecraft so have always resisted. This is perfect though - the same artist but lighter and more relatable (if that makes sense).

Aerin

This deck puzzles me.

Some cards are simply wow! like the Death card.

Some are very peaceful like the Empress.

There are definitely some Lovecraftian touches but it isn't a DG.

All in all I think it is a deck that is well worth getting. It has occurred to me to compare it with the Shaman deck as well as the Dark Grimoire, perhaps because there's some inner landscape stuff going on for me in all of them.

faunabay

I guess part of it is this deck doesn't fit my image of what 2012: The Ascension should be like. LOL Of course I don't expect, or want, all sweetness and light, but this darker imagery makes me think more of lovecraftian things, not an ascension. hmmm......I'm really curious about it though. So I bet I'll end up with it just to see how we get on. :D

Le Fanu

I'm a bit fuzzy on the concept of this deck. Why isn't it just The 2012 Tarot? Then I'd understand it.

I suppose I'll have to read the LWB in order to *get* the concept!

AJ

rwcarter said:
I decided this week that if I saw one more version of a heart pierced by 3 swords that I was going to scream. No need to scream because of this deck! There are 3 swords, 3 people and no heart in sight! :thumbsup: on that one!

Rodney

No kidding, that and the 8 of wands.
Does nearly every artist in the universe run out of ideas with those two cards? Dull Duller Dullest

Essjay

What's happening in 2012 anyway? Is it something I should know about :)

Lillie

It's the end of the world.

Try not to miss it!

Essjay

Lillie said:
It's the end of the world.

Try not to miss it!

Good grief! I'd better make a note of that.

rwcarter

AJ said:
No kidding, that and the 8 of wands.
Does nearly every artist in the universe run out of ideas with those two cards? Dull Duller Dullest
I'd forgotten about the 8 Wands! Quite different in this deck too, so another :thumbsup: for thinking outside the box with this image!