Ludy Lescot - The Sun XIX

Hemera

This is my favourite card in the whole deck. I like the Sun card to be female and here we have this glorious glass painting with a beautiful lady that looks like the Sun Goddess to me. The woman in the foreground is enjoying the sun and I like the expression in her face. She is looking at the suffering man (vampire?) and sort of sorry for him but then again not really. Very ambiguous, I think, and it leaves room for all kinds of interpretations. The glass painting has been shattered and the birds are flying in. They look like seagulls to me with their slender bodies and long wings but they could also be doves.

Attachments

• Sun.jpg
    Sun.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 833

Aerin

It almost looked to me as if the birds are forming from the shattered glass. I thought "seagulls" because of the black tipped wings, but I haven't quite figured out why that would be. Is the man coming from the sea?

RunningWild

It almost looked to me as if the birds are forming from the shattered glass. I thought "seagulls" because of the black tipped wings, but I haven't quite figured out why that would be. Is the man coming from the sea?

I think it's more because of the setting we assume this story takes place in, Louisiana. Somewhere near the Gulf of Mexico.

And seagulls are aggressive birds. So too appears the figure crashing in the stained-glass window, whose actions allow light to enter.

It's interesting to me that this must occur in a church or cathedral and that the side the figure crashes is the side with the stained-glass image of the sun. No longer can the woman hide within the church, hide from society, or use its metaphorical walls to shield her.

Winterchild

The Sun

The shadow man could be letting in the light, and peace (the doves if they are doves...) to me it looks as if the woman is turning away, like she doesn't want to see. I did a reading today and got Judgement, The Sun and The Queen of Wands. I have blogged about it... link when you click on my name.

Wish we could post links direct to blogs here..... I always link back to anything I refer to on AT so it is two way traffic :)

crystalwings

Seagulls breaking through the window would make sense as this is the sun card... Take a break your problems wont seem as big/bad, the diminishing figure... Holiday by the sea...

kaushalyaandfrank

The shadow man could be letting in the light, and peace (the doves if they are doves...) to me it looks as if the woman is turning away, like she doesn't want to see.

I agree that she doesn't want to see, and this makes sense when considering the LWB. Further, the man, who is likely a vampire, has unexpectedly let the sun in in his attempts to escape it, this has not happened to the lady's convenience or as per her expectation- again this supports the LWB quote.

Pam O

Wish we could post links direct to blogs here..... I always link back to anything I refer to on AT so it is two way traffic :)

Hi Winterchild,
I could not find your LL blog info so easily. I would be interested to see your LL ponderings on the different cards you blogged about. What about pasting your blogging thoughts about the various cards into each of the individual card threads threads here?

Sar

Burned children avoids the sun...

Pam O

The lady in the foreground of the Sun card certainly looks calm with all that chaos happening in the background. She almost seems to be showing off her neck in such a way that a vampire would be very attracted.

When I first saw this card, I thought a shadow of a demon was breaking thru the stained glass window. After reading this thread, it does feel like what I saw as the demon is a vampire trying to get away from the Sun while she sits there stroking her neck with attitude of, "Try to come get me now."

I do appreciate the multitudes of angles of the LL cards. They do offer such a variety of card interpretations. This feels like a great deck for showing one thing for one reading, and something completely different for another reading situation with the same card(s).

Sar

The lady in the foreground of the Sun card certainly looks calm with all that chaos happening in the background. She almost seems to be showing off her neck in such a way that a vampire would be very attracted.

When I first saw this card, I thought a shadow of a demon was breaking thru the stained glass window. After reading this thread, it does feel like what I saw as the demon is a vampire trying to get away from the Sun while she sits there stroking her neck with attitude of, "Try to come get me now."

I do appreciate the multitudes of angles of the LL cards. They do offer such a variety of card interpretations. This feels like a great deck for showing one thing for one reading, and something completely different for another reading situation with the same card(s).

Or that God heard her prayer and let the glass painting consume him, so after this he is a part of it. Captured by the sun for all eternity.