Ludy Lescot - Judgement XX

La Force

Ludy Lescot - Judgement

I really dislike this card, I have grouped all the cards in the deck 1 -10

due to me not liking this card by doing so it helped me too better understand the story.

please read ( Major Arcana The Wheel and Judgement with the Minor Arcana 10 of cups, 10 Wands, !0 of Swords and 10 of Pentacles)

I post my thoughts here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=166344 Post #5

Grizabella

Followers of a cult is what this card kind of reminds me of. They're all naked and have shaved their heads----maybe everything else is shaved, too----and maybe they're all getting ready to drink poison koolaid or something but this one person with their head raised isn't a sheep and she's thinking "now, wait a minute----"

kaushalyaandfrank

As ever I have gone back to the LWB to understand this card. It seems to say that we need to be the judges of ourselves and behave genuinely, rather than adjusting our behavior to meet with society's expectations.

Regarding the image, it seems to me that the figure at the front represents the judgment of society, and the figures in the crowd are those that have been misled. Perhaps the folk at the back are those considering whether to leave the crowd and go their own way, this may explain why they have the marks on their heads. They are furthest from the influence of the figure on the stage.

Pam O

I just posted something about the shadow figure in the X Wheel card. And so to connect them further I'll post it here...could they be the same figure? After all, the figure survived the turn of the Wheel and brought light through crashing a stained-glass window in XIX The Sun card. It would make sense if this figure was making a scene, as it were, XX Judgement.

I can almost imagine the feeling as if since "he" had accomplished all those trials and tried to ...encourage?... someone else to do the same, that "he" might become a bit excitable at having reached this particular point.

NOW I'm sensing the continuity of the majors.

This card is really intense to me also. It feels like the 2nd most intense card in the deck, behind the SBC (3 of Swords). I too immediately thought of laser gun targets.

The correlation between the shadowy figure in the X Wheel of Fortune, XIX Sun and XX is quite intriguing.

XIX = 19 > 1+9=10 (X Wheel)
10+10=20 > XX Judgement (20 reduces to 2, but I don't know how that plays into things.)

ETA: The red dot on the Sun and the Sun being part of the possible grouping is a twist...

Celtictarot

To me, this card is about getting a second chance of life. The sun has the sun glyph and the same red of the sun is on the back of the 3 people closest to us. If you look closer, there is 3 arches and there is 3 mountains. 3 could mean a higher power as well as we look at the numerology of the card.

http://numerology-thenumbersandtheirmeanings.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/number-3.html

"Number 3 resonates with the energies of optimism and joy, inspiration and creativity, speech and communication, good taste, imagination and intelligence, sociability and society, friendliness, kindness and compassion. Number THREE also relates to art, humour, energy, growth, expansion and the principles of increase, spontaneity, broad-minded thinking, synthesis, triad, heaven-human-earth, past-present-future, thought-word-action, demonstrates love through creative imagination, comprehensive, fulfilment, encouragement, assistance, talent and skills, culture, wit, a love of fun and pleasure, freedom-seeking, adventure, exuberance, brilliance, free-form, being brave, non-confrontational, free-form, rhythm, passion, surprise, sensitivity, self-expression, affability, enthusiasm, youthfulness, enlivenment, psychic ability, manifesting and manifestation.

Number 3 resonates with the energies of the Ascended Masters, and indicates that the Ascended Masters are around you, assisting when asked. The Ascended Masters help you to focus on the Divine spark within yourself and others, and assist with manifesting your desires. They help you to find peace, clarity and love within. "

So, there is the element of the number 3 here, although this is not traditionally the car associated with the sun. The glyph, the arches which in all honesty look like a window which we seen in the Sun card.