Ludy Lescot - The Threes

Aerin

Well, it had to come...

I am fond of the Three of Cups, the girl is very focused on feeding the bird with grapes. The card speaks of companionship to me. I can see a star/ pentagram inscribed on one cup, the other two look the same? a sun behind clouds or something else?? Three can be a crowd perhaps.

Turning to the Three of Wands, she looks proud and strong standing before the stained glass window in the ?attic. The clown doll seems an echo of childhood. She's waiting for something, but what has she set in motion?

The Three of Coins unsettles me because of the startled expression on the man's face. The man looks as if he's been paid and is now using his skill, something akin to the RWS scene is shown either as background/ a painting/ a mirror. i'm not sure which. The black cat looks surprised too. Is he the same man as the Hanged Man (also a 1+2=3)

The Three of Swords looks full of heartbreak and disillusion. There's another of those chariot wheels lying about to the right and I wonder if it is part of the scene we saw in Justice. The ?triplets to me look like something in her mind because I can't see how the swords are standing up like that; there's a half buried pot by her feet and coins lying on the ground. Blood money??? I wonder if she's brought disaster on herself or been subjected to it, don't know. I can't find another living thing in the card. I was looking for a "something" to parallel with the cat (Coins)/ clown (Wands)/ bird (Cups) - oh and the Owl in the Empress, probably a red herring though.

Hemera

I am fond of the Three of Cups, the girl is very focused on feeding the bird with grapes. The card speaks of companionship to me. I can see a star/ pentagram inscribed on one cup, the other two look the same? a sun behind clouds or something else?? Three can be a crowd perhaps.
I love this card. And I never noticed the bird before you mentioned it! The LWB is useless here again but it does mention "living like a wild animal" which now makes more sense when I see the bird. The engravings on two of the chalices is odd. It looks magical.

Turning to the Three of Wands, she looks proud and strong standing before the stained glass window in the ?attic. The clown doll seems an echo of childhood. She's waiting for something, but what has she set in motion?
To me this again at first looked like she was inside a big old ship. The window is round and there is the treasure chest,too. But now that I´m looking at it again it looks like it could be an attic. She is perhaps re-visiting her childhood dreams and now she knows she can finally make them true.

The Three of Coins unsettles me because of the startled expression on the man's face. The man looks as if he's been paid and is now using his skill, something akin to the RWS scene is shown either as background/ a painting/ a mirror. i'm not sure which. The black cat looks surprised too. Is he the same man as the Hanged Man (also a 1+2=3)
Oh, I never saw the black cat either! What a good thing to have a study group :) To me it looks like a painting of the RWS Three of Pents card. His expression is not very nice. Startled... or annoyed at being interrupted.

there's a half buried pot by her feet and coins lying on the ground. Blood money??? .
Now this is interesting! This is a horrible card and I´d really like to hear the deck artist about this. What did she have in mind when painting this card? This card gives room to many possible interpretations: murder, abortions, guilt, evil deeds, hysterical Drama Queen imagining things, someone who always sees the glass half empty, someone scared to death about Motherhood and imagining it would be disaster..

Quester

Well, it had to come...

The Three of Swords looks full of heartbreak and disillusion. There's another of those chariot wheels lying about to the right and I wonder if it is part of the scene we saw in Justice. The ?triplets to me look like something in her mind because I can't see how the swords are standing up like that; there's a half buried pot by her feet and coins lying on the ground. Blood money??? I wonder if she's brought disaster on herself or been subjected to it, don't know. I can't find another living thing in the card. I was looking for a "something" to parallel with the cat (Coins)/ clown (Wands)/ bird (Cups) - oh and the Owl in the Empress, probably a red herring though.

After studying this card several times and putting it away I have started to think of the triplets as something her mind sees also. Not as real babies , but thoughts in the infancy stage that she has never been able to form into complete ideas....

Aerin

After studying this card several times and putting it away I have started to think of the triplets as something her mind sees also. Not as real babies , but thoughts in the infancy stage that she has never been able to form into complete ideas....

Oh, I like that. It fits so well with the "breaking of illusion" meaning for the 3 Sw. So dreams that are broken before you've even begun to realise them.

Hemera

Oh yes, this must be one of the best explanations to this enigmatic card so far! Thank you Quester.

La Force

3 of Swords

Three of Swords

This card as surprised as I was, cause at first this card was heading for the trash can to be replaced with another card. I took one last look at this before tossing it, when I noticed the home with the window at that it wasn't destroyed (bombed), this then triggered that though that everyone has "waiting for the bomb to drop" or "life dropped a bomb on me"

WINDOW let in light and air allowing you to see and become conscious, day dreaming of a better life or of hope in a better future/situation.

I was then taken back to a time which was most traumatic for me, which I will share with you to put light on the concept of the 3 children in the image.

A little background of this story that I see in the card that relates to my life.

2 1/2 yrs ago I had a beautiful female black min pin. she gave birth to 5 pups, within 24hrs of delivering she died due to eclampsia, she died in my arms, very sad. anyways moving on, I stood there and cried out "What do I do I have 5 brand new babies hrs old" so i went to the vets, went shopping getting bottles etc. I then became their mother, all 5 pups lived. now I kept all five pups and raised after a year I gave 2 of the pups to friends, I then had 3 pups that I called my children. 5 months ago, a freak accident happened, one of my babies either jumped or fell off the couch, I heard the most aweful yip scream it was like nails down a chalk board, one you never want to hear. I turned to look and there on the floor my baby girl couldn't move, she was trying, then the other 2 boys (dogs) went in for the attack, and tried kill her, biting her, and the screaming that was coming from my baby girl (dog), I ran and scooped her up and as I was the boys were still biting her, I began screaming and fight the boys off her. Anyways it was a rush to the emergency 24 hr vet clinic. the Vet looked at her (Baby girl) did a nerve test she then told me baby girl needed to be put down (spinal cord injury between the shoulder blades) I couldn't put my dog down, my heart was broken, the vet gave my baby girl pain and anti inflammatory meds. to give me time to make the decision and keep baby girl comfy. I went outside and I did lean up against the wall of the vet clinic just like the lady in the image of the card. the cross she hold represents my prayer, I asked for a sign to show me the way in what was in the best interest for my dog. do I put her down or is there hope. after an hour I was laying on the floor with my dog, it was the safest place for her. I cried and petted her showed her my love, the vet was with me, and the next thing my baby girl wagged her tail, I looked at the vet and said did you see that, she said yes. that was my sign. the vet let me take her home for a few hours, but needed to bring her back in morning. My baby girl walks and runs on 3 legs, her 4th leg is a propeller. Due to this freak accident I had to give up my other 2 dogs ( which broke my heart, these were my kids, I bottle fed them), to be able to devote 24hr one on one care, and for her future, cause she can't be around other dogs, even in play cause she can easily get re injured, and we may not be so lucky. My Vet and Staff, friend, all say she is a miracle, a paralyzed dog from the neck down to be running.

so I must say this card didn't end up in the trash after all.

La Force

La Force

Three of Pentacles

Three of Pentacles

My take on this card, so reminds me of me, I am an artist at heart, wow sorry this so me, yes he looks a bit annoyed, has the look of ha as if saying "What do you mean?" " You want how?" " you want me to change something in the painting? it isn't quite right" " well then how do you want it?"

I would be sitting at my easel painting, or drawing, and my friends, or family, would say "hey that is really nice, I like that, but you could add this, or the face does look right, maybe make her eye green instead of blue, or better yet." I would just take all the wonderful suggestions or advice on my art work as constructive criticism. and not allow myself to get frustrated or angered by them telling me how to do my art, for they don't understand the time, work, patience or thought process that goes into taking what is in your head and creatively making it become a reality. I would weed out some, use some, I just had the take it or leave it.

I really had to control myself when I did commissions on my art for people, to have them look at the final completed painted, to have them pick it apart, and then ask my to redo it. So I would redo, if I wanted to get paid.

La Force

Hemera

Thank you for sharing the story of your dogs La Force!
This card is really amazing with all the stories it has to share. I´m glad you didn´t bin it. And I´m glad I have heard all these and many other stories about this card. I used to really hate this card but now I have gradually learned to see it as a very informative part of this amazing deck.
Three of Pentacles

My take on this card, so reminds me of me, I am an artist at heart, wow sorry this so me, yes he looks a bit annoyed, has the look of ha as if saying "What do you mean?" " You want how?" " you want me to change something in the painting? it isn't quite right" " well then how do you want it?"
Oh yes! This is excellent. I feel these are the exact questions he/this card is asking. This goes straight into my notebook. Thank you.

MaineGirl117

I'm glad you found a story that, while quite tragic, had a miracle attached to it (ie. happy ending) so this card didn't trouble you so much! (3 of Swords)

And yes, I could see how the look of frustration/disbelief could relate to having to do something over again - though the piece of art is quite beautiful, it might not be exactly what's wanted. ( 3 of Pentacles)

Thank you for your insights!