Ludy Lescot-the sixes

Hemera

Six of Wands: A lovely lady dressed in a beautiful purple gown is descending the stairs. She could be coming down for her wedding-one can almost hear the wedding march. She has a bouquet of roses, both red and black ones, in her arms. She also has the markings/tattoos under her eyes. There are three portraits on the wall and each portrait contains another one in it so there are pictures of six people in all. 1. An old man and a young girl, 2. A young man and an elderly (grey haired) lady and 3. a young boy and a lady who actually looks a lot like our lady on the stairs.

Six of Swords: The man is waving goodbye (or hello?) to a fine big ship in the background. He has six swords in a bag strapped on his back and the rope in front of him is in the shape of a lemniscate. I always thought it´s just an infinity symbol but this is what Wikipedia says:
* The lemniscate of Bernoulli, often simply called the lemniscate, the locus of points whose product of distances from two foci equals the square of half the interfocal distance
* The lemniscate of Gerono, the zero set of the quartic polynomial x4 − x2 + y2
* The lemniscate of Booth, the zero set of the quartic polynomial (x2 + y2)2 − cx2 − dy2 with d < 0. When d = −c this coincides with the lemniscate of Bernoulli.
* The infinity symbol ∞, sometimes called a lemniscate because of its shape

-Wow! So, if he knows what the lemniscate in front of him stands for he is probably a very learned and well read man.

Six of Pentacles A young widow is giving money to some children on a town square by the well. She has a silk dress with golden roses embroidered on it. There are two girls and a boy and the boy maybe has one blind eye? The children don´t look particularly poor but their clothes are a bit dirty. The thing on the background looks like a guillotine or gallows perhaps?

Six of Cups The clown child. He doesn´t look particularly happy and maybe childhood is a happy time just in our memories? Maybe it wasn´t all that happy back then? This clown child sure doesn´t look happy. Maybe he has been dressed up by grown ups who think he is cute but he doesn´t seem to enjoy any of this. He doesn´t know what to do with the red roses and he can´t move because he´d knock over some valuable chalices if he did. There is a river and a bridge in the background.

Aerin

The Wands woman looks very much like the woman in the Lovers card, also a six - clothes and hair. Her roses are similar to clown boy's roses.

I did wonder if the ship had our previous "ship" characters on board... like the 3 of Wands woman.

Oh, and the woman in the 6 of Pents gives me the creeps. She reminds me of the feeling I get from the woman in the 4 of Wands. I really don't like her.

Hemera

From Spacegoat´s review http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ludy-lescot/review.shtml

"Six of Pentacles – a woman is the benefactor here (traditionally this card shows a male assuming this role). This further illustrates the deck’s matriarchal quality, suggesting the possibility of salvation by accepting the Goddess / Sacred Feminine / Old Religion. "

Oh, I like this! I like the card and this makes sense to me so I thought I´d share. I must add this to my notebook.

Hemera

Six of Cups

The little clown boy is scary and spooky but he is probably very scared himself as well. He has been forced to wear those strange clothes and so he is wearing a strange "persona" (in the jungian sense). Children are supposed to be genuine and whole but this child has been forced to pretend something alien to himself. He is not being his authentic self.

His back is turned to the flowing water and he is trapped inside that circle of chalices. He can´t move forwards or backwards.

There is a feeling of the situation escalating into something more. The child may start to cry out loud, he may kick down the chalices and run away or step back and into the water.

Some of the questions this card makes me ask:
Am I being too childish and immature?
Am I letting someone influence and manipulate me?
Am I harboring anger that is eating me from within?
Should I try to become more childlike (more genuine) again?

MaineGirl117

6 of Cups

I've had this card come up in a few daily draws lately. It related directly to make-up for one, specifically Avon.

In the other one is represented 'clown-ish' behavior. A bit of silliness to ease the day and not take things so seriously.

La Force

Ludy Lescot - Six of Wands

The six of Wands reminds me of prom night, not only mine, back in the day, but also my 2 daughter, seeing them walk down the stairs in their prom dress and their prom date waiting at the bottom. I love this card, also the family portraits hanging on the wall behind her as she descend the stair. beautiful.

just thought to comment on this card. as I work through the deck, feeling the energies, intuitive reading the cards I post my thoughts.

La Force

MaineGirl117

The six of Wands reminds me of prom night, not only mine, back in the day, but also my 2 daughter, seeing them walk down the stairs in their prom dress and their prom date waiting at the bottom. I love this card, also the family portraits hanging on the wall behind her as she descend the stair. beautiful.

just thought to comment on this card. as I work through the deck, feeling the energies, intuitive reading the cards I post my thoughts.

La Force

that's crazy you mention it. I read for a coworker the other night and I asked him what was up with this old friend of his and prom night. He freaked out! said he asked her sister and not her to prom.. lol

La Force

that's crazy you mention it. I read for a coworker the other night and I asked him what was up with this old friend of his and prom night. He freaked out! said he asked her sister and not her to prom.. lol

That is so freaking hilarious, crazy how Ms Ludy communicates. Awesome reading.

MaineGirl117

Post # 59 asks about masks and clowns... there are a couple references in this thread that might help you define the 'masks' as persona's we wear.