Ludy Lescot -the sevens

Prasomchai

7 of Pentacles

Usually this card is about being patient and seeing one's efforts through. Here the comment reads:

"Your body is like a garden that grows according to your desires. Don't let it run wild, but cultivate it."

I can see the relevance of the quote to the standard meaning, yet it seems to be more about internal control than the outward management of say a project.

In the picture, we see the trees growing outside, to contrast with the 'cultivated' roses within. In the reflected glass lie the girl's desires, which are tugging at her to react. She is looking out at the wild world beyond, and is tempted to leave behind her orderly and controlled interior world.

Prasomchai

Oh, that's interesting! Especially with her little jewelry box sitting there next to her.

I hadn't given it much thought, but I had come across my Grandmother's angel pin a few weeks ago (it's just glass) and I've been setting it right next to my stones on my table where I read.

I was told some time back, that if the person passed away from an illness, and wore a piece of jewelry frequently, then you should cleanse it before wearing it yourself.

Just throwing that out there!

Blast from the Past... who knew.

In my case the card had the following meanings:

1) From the LWB quote, my perceptions of a situation were different than those of another. Who would I chose to believe? I see two perspectives in the card imagery, one side in the room, the other in the mirror.
2) It is better to make a choice than procrastinate and day-dream.

The card came up in a 3-card relationship reading in the 'dynamic' position, between myself and the other individual. I wrote a section on this card as follows:

"Which truth do you wish to heed? Yours or that of others? Do not idle in fantasy forever while your life slips away! Dreams and indecision offer limited pleasures."

La Force

7 of cups - Ludy Lescot

Here are some suggestions I have come up with when reading

7 of cups

Bumping into an ex when you least expect it, while shopping.

Things look good from the outside, but not so in the inside.

When your on outsider looking in on a relationship, you see so much more, then when your the insider looking out, your right smack in the middle of the relationship you are blind to the truth of the matters. (abusive relationships)

Your wanting to live in denial, refusing to see the truth of the matter

Appearing to have it all while really having nothing
Putting on the false/fake appearance, while hiding a putrid truth (anorexia, other eating disorders)

Wanting to be better than the Jone's (materialism)
Wanting others to be jealous

Putting value in things that don't really matter

Seeing things for how they truly are

Pulling yourself up off the floor and do what is necessary

Choosing to face reality

Learning what is important and what is not

Desiring, wishing, and hoping that things were different than they currently are.

La Force

Winterchild

Seven of Pentacles

I did a reading with this deck today, about a relationship.... I drew the Four of Swords, the Nine of Swords and the Seven of Pentacles. I read them intuitively as for me this deck works better that way, and this is what I got, in this spread today, for the Seven.

Seven of Pentacles... I see a woman sitting by the window and looking at her reflection in the glass. It is like half of her has already moved to the wildness outside and the other half is looking back into the room, wondering if she should just stay put. There are seven purple roses lying on the stool by her side, but they don't seem important, more forgotten. Her dress is coming off her shoulders and this to me signifies the inner wildness of her wanting to get out.

I think the roses are a ploy to try and keep her there, perfectly arranged a gift of love, yet a tool for control. The reflect nothing of her true desire. She has seen the way to freedom from the bondage she has been caught up in for so long.... the seed is sown.... maybe this is just a last look back on what she once thought was what she truly wanted more than anything.

kaushalyaandfrank

Seven of Chalices

Perhaps the mirror reflects the world of others' views, and in that world, the man has left her 'for dead'. This may be the reason she appears to be very sad in her own mind. Is she to accept that she has been abandoned because she isn't good enough, or can she find her own truth in the situation?

kaushalyaandfrank

Seven of Swords

Here I don't see the traditional meaning, other than the homage paid via the stained glass window at the back. It seems similar to the 6, with the LWB quote this time urging (1) proper planning and then (2) thorough execution, without second guessing.

Pam O

Seven of Chalices The skeleton in the mirror ...

"skeleton in the mirror".... Dang, I missed that too!

I was so busy noticing that the black and white tiles were only in the mirror. That flooring does not seem to be in the room where she is sitting! So the mirror seems to be reflecting images not in our view of the room...

Pam O

I just showed my husband the 7 of Cups to see if he saw 'something I missed'. He grabbed a magnifying glass and said, 'The skeleton is pouring some kind of purple powder into that cup to even out the scales.'

Do any of you see the mirror looks like it is balanced on a hinge that is the base of the mirror frame? The cup opposite the one the skeletone looks like it is filling has a short crack in the side, and looks like it is empty, BUT we cannot see all the way to theb ottom of the cup....

Sar

7/Pentacles

Seven of Pentacles... I see a woman sitting by the window and looking at her reflection in the glass. It is like half of her has already moved to the wildness outside and the other half is looking back into the room, wondering if she should just stay put. There are seven purple roses lying on the stool by her side, but they don't seem important, more forgotten. Her dress is coming off her shoulders and this to me signifies the inner wildness of her wanting to get out.

I think the roses are a ploy to try and keep her there, perfectly arranged a gift of love, yet a tool for control. The reflect nothing of her true desire. She has seen the way to freedom from the bondage she has been caught up in for so long.... the seed is sown.... maybe this is just a last look back on what she once thought was what she truly wanted more than anything.

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes, is latin for "I fear the greeks even when they bring gifts". The dead roses made me remember the phrase from The Aeneid (Vergil).

Celtictarot

Seven of Chalices[\b]

The shoes to me look like left and right shoes, I am using the fish tail as my guide.

To me, this feels about someone at a museum. I feel the story of the girl is that she was locked up in the attic, (note the box beside her). Mr green and brown suit - both colours for abundance and grounding is seeing the girl in the future. There is a future and the past at the same time. What is in the box? The jewellery box also, and what has happened to the headdress in the future?

Seven of Pentacles [\b]

I got the same feeling about the wanting to go to the wild. I feel the card is about losing a former self to grow. The reflection is her false self / mask / state of being, and its her wild side as it isn't her organic self.

The colour of the roses are a shade of purple so is about the connection to the 3rd eye chakra in particular, so its about visualising the plans you want to cultivate.

Seven of Wands[\b]

I just get being in the 'Ring of Fire' and having to decide what to do!

Seven of Swords[\b]

Architect with a puss for a pet? Sensual man! And an angel head on the leg of the table. This guy is a feeler in life, so he would litterly feel his work. I agree with what other people has written.