Mary El Tarot - The Fool

Le Fanu

The first thing I thought when I saw the gorgeous butterfly shoes were a kind of transmuted hermés winged shoes. The wings become the shoe. Fabulous card. Up there with the very best of them. Amazes me that someone can do something so new with this card. The very personification of gay abandon and exhilaration.

I Sunshine

Symbol in bottom right had corner

So I am just starting have just rec'd my deck ~ and what better place to start than with the fool. I have not jumped ahead and I am sure you all have already noticed that the symbol in the bottom right had corner is repeated on every single card.

"Is that the alchemical symbol for water in the lower right corner?" from Jet Luna

I am not so sure. Looking up triangle inside a circle, I came upon the gay rights Pink Triangle inside a green circle (wikipedia) as a homophobic free area. But it is also mentioned in alchemy. So now I will go read the companion book and see if she explains!

Laura Borealis

So I am just starting have just rec'd my deck ~ and what better place to start than with the fool. I have not jumped ahead and I am sure you all have already noticed that the symbol in the bottom right had corner is repeated on every single card.

"Is that the alchemical symbol for water in the lower right corner?" from Jet Luna

I am not so sure. Looking up triangle inside a circle, I came upon the gay rights Pink Triangle inside a green circle (wikipedia) as a homophobic free area. But it is also mentioned in alchemy. So now I will go read the companion book and see if she explains!

It is Marie White's signature.

ivanna

The symbol near the pennis seems to be a sperm? Maybe it represents fertility?

Anyone knows what is the symbol on the left hand of the fool?

Bat Chicken

Hi ivanna - I'm not sure if I would use the word fertility in relation to the Fool - but creativity might be accurate. The spirals seem to be both connectedness and energy. Not having read back on this thread to see if it's there, the navel and root chakras are linked. The navel is a creative chakra and the root is a material one. I kind f see this as continuing the 'idea to form' concept, not quite dual in the traditional way of looking at fertility. Just a thought!

ivanna

Hi ivanna - I'm not sure if I would use the word fertility in relation to the Fool - but creativity might be accurate. The spirals seem to be both connectedness and energy. Not having read back on this thread to see if it's there, the navel and root chakras are linked. The navel is a creative chakra and the root is a material one. I kind f see this as continuing the 'idea to form' concept, not quite dual in the traditional way of looking at fertility. Just a thought!

Really I wouldnt say fertility but the very first seed, the first beginin.

Milfoil

Yes, the innate act of creation, the spark of possibilities not yet come to fruition. Concept and conception which are often accompanied by a frenzy of passion and drive.