Spreads for LL

Glass Owl

I stumbled upon my old Ludy Lescot notes the other day and so I was inspired to come up with a spread! You can find the thread for it here.

A Match In The Night: A Ludy Lescot Spread (2) by Glass Owl

The BEGINNING of the END:

The DEATH of the day is fast approaching. Shuffle your deck of cards and imagine that you are observing a beautiful SUNSET of orange and purple. Drowning into the horizon, the sun disappears and you find yourself cloaked in the darkness of night. Stop shuffling and turn over the top card. This card represents your present state or a CONFLICT that is currently affecting your LIFE.

................................................................................Card 1

Take a deep breath. Casting any fears or feelings of DESPERATION aside, imagine yourself now reaching into your coat pocket and retrieving a booklet of matches. Resume shuffling your deck of cards. Empowered by a sense of HOPE, turn over another card and imagine striking a match. Place this card above of the first card.

................................................................................Card 2

................................................................................Card 1

The END of the BEGINNING:

Welcome the sense of PEACE that washes over you as you examine the imagery from Card 2 which is illuminated by your match's light. This is the path that will take you out of the darkness and guide you into the DAWN of a new day.

**The words that appear in all capitals refer to the symbols that can be found on the Ludy Lescot tuckbox. There are also three Latin phrases on the box, one that means "Everything that has a beginning also has an ending." You can learn more about this in this thread.

Glass Owl

Here is a version of this spread which includes lyric snippets from The Smashing Pumpkin's song, "The Beginning Of The End Is The Beginning."

A Match In The Night: A Ludy Lescot Spread (2) by Glass Owl

The BEGINNING of the END:

The DEATH of the day is fast approaching. Shuffle your deck of cards and imagine that you are observing a beautiful SUNSET of orange and purple.

"Send a heartbeat to
The void that cries through you"

Drowning into the horizon, the sun disappears and you find yourself cloaked in the darkness of night. Stop shuffling and turn over the top card.

"Relive the pictures that have come to pass
For now we stand alone"

This card represents your present state or a CONFLICT that is currently affecting your LIFE.

Take a deep breath.

"The world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate
With no more to hate"

Casting any fears or feelings of DESPERATION aside, imagine yourself now reaching into your coat pocket and retrieving a booklet of matches.

"Is it bright where you are
And have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange"

Resume shuffling your deck of cards. Empowered by a sense of HOPE, turn over another card and imagine striking a match.

"And in your darkest hour
My old secrets laid"

Place this card above of the first card.

................................................................................Card 2

The END of the BEGINNING:

Welcome the sense of PEACE that washes over you as you examine the imagery from Card 2 which is illuminated by your match's light. This is the path that will take you out of the darkness and guide you into the DAWN of a new day.

"We can watch the world devoured in its pain."

**The words that appear in all capitals refer to the symbols that can be found on the Ludy Lescot tuckbox. There are also three Latin phrases on the box, one that means "Everything that has a beginning also has an ending." You can learn more about this in this thread.

Hemera

Reflections Spread

This spread made me think of the cards in LL where Ludy is sitting in front of a mirror deep in thought.

(Here is the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=181216)

KMilliron said:
The background is this: the vocalist was talking of a ritual in which you stare into a mirror long enough, and under certain conditions, and you'll see you as the opposite of what you are. I mix science with my spirituality, and countered that both instances (in the mirror as well as out) must coexist, one just being invisible, and I theorized a slight infraction in the mirrors surface may be what lets that image come to a state of visibility. The butterfly effect, so to speak...

The spread:

***1***3***
*****2*****

Card 1- The Gazer. Your current position. When I imagine trying this spread, I see this more as a personality card, or how you are in an everyday setting. This image, to keep with the mirror analogy, is unedited, the original.
Card 2- The Infraction in the Mirror. This is the stipulation, or stipulations, that cause the change in your original image. If you are trying to find out WHY your image is changing, you may see this as an event as well as an influence. If you are trying to find out WHAT your reflection shows, this is simply an influence. There can be more than one "altered" reflection, because we go through so many things in our lives. WHAT readings could probably be done more than once, to fully see the influences live has on you, but WHY can only have one answer, so repeating this reading will only result in vague circles.
3- The Reflection. This is the final image. This image only comes to surface under certain situations, but it is always there. This card can be a powerful tool for reflection. If it shows a dark energy, you can use the reading to pinpoint avoid the negative situations, if it is a positive one, you may want to work more on bringing out this side. It's all up to you.

MaineGirl117

Thank you for posting that spread Hemera... it looks VERY INTERESTING!!! And what a great spread to do on the Blue Moon Hmmm...????

lalalibra

I just had to mention to you, Hemera, that this spread is golden! I have been using it for a long time and it's one of my favorite spreads. I like it for the Ludy Lescot (of course) but also for the Tarot of Vampyres. I have been looking at the 5th card as the key card that "opens" the 3rd card/the open door; the 5th card elaborating on the 3rd card, a way to deal with or further understand whatever energy the other cards are showing. It all just fits together very nicely.

Thank you so much! :heart:

I :heart: Ludy (-by Hemera)

6----5----7
2----1----3
-----4-----

1. Me and/or Ludy: Where I am now? ; The Heart of the Matter; Significator

2. Closed door. Don´t go here. (Or if you absolutely must...this is the thing to watch out)

3. Open door. Go this way.

4. Message from the Wolf: Deeper stuff; Influences Under the Surface; Something you don´t know but should be aware of

5. A detail not to overlook; Minor thing -but possibly a key to something new.

6. Where this path is likely to lead; long term

7. Where this path is likely to lead; short term