Zerner Farber Deck and the Enchanted Tarot

Emberlyn

When my bio mom introduced me to Tarot 7 or 8 years ago, she gave me the book- The Instant Tarot Reader and the deck of cards that went with it. They were a full sized, border-less deck. I went to the Zerner Farber website and saw the ZF deck of cards, but they were tiny- playing card sized and the ones my mom gave me were full sized. ZF told me to get the Enchanted Deck because it is bigger, but those cards have a border- they're just not the same ones that my mom gave me and I want to get those for sentimental reasons. I don't have the deck she gave me because of a move I had to make. Does anyone know anything of the larger sized ZF deck that goes with the Instant Tarot Reader book? I am desperate to find those cards.

GryffinSong

I can't find my original deck (if I even still have it), but I'd swear that there were a great number of differences. I think that the title color and font is different, the newer cards do not show quite the whole image of the original fiber art (in other words, they've "zoomed" in on the images for the newer deck). The cardstock is different. Since I couldn't find my old deck, I traded for the newer version out of nostalgia. :)

GryffinSong

I have found the absolute BEST version of this deck ever!!! The Fool's Dog has just come out with the Enchanted Tarot as an iPad app. OMG!!! Being able to zoom in on those mixed media cards really lets me see the detail. You can see the stitches, the paper collage, and much, much more. This is the first time I feel that I'm actually getting a feel for the actual artwork. Add that you don't have to try to shuffle those thick cardboard-like cards, and its an absolute delight. :)

My only complaint is that they left the white borders on. They should have showed the artwork on a dark background.

Other than that, however, I strongly recommend that anyone who likes this deck and has an iPad, try it as an app. It's only $3.99.

Myrrha

What a fabulous gift your bio-mom gave you by introducing you to tarot.

I just looked on Amazon under "Instant Tarot Reader" and there are copies of that same book and deck set available from second hand sellers. If it doesn't specify that the cards are included remember to contact them and make sure it includes the cards.

I had the larger version with borders for a long time it is a lovely deck.

SixDegrees

When my bio mom introduced me to Tarot 7 or 8 years ago, she gave me the book- The Instant Tarot Reader and the deck of cards that went with it. They were a full sized, border-less deck. I went to the Zerner Farber website and saw the ZF deck of cards, but they were tiny- playing card sized and the ones my mom gave me were full sized. ZF told me to get the Enchanted Deck because it is bigger, but those cards have a border- they're just not the same ones that my mom gave me and I want to get those for sentimental reasons. I don't have the deck she gave me because of a move I had to make. Does anyone know anything of the larger sized ZF deck that goes with the Instant Tarot Reader book? I am desperate to find those cards.

When I had the Instant Tarot Reader set many years ago, the deck struck me as *quite* small--playing card size actually seems about right. I've never heard of any version of the decks beyond the small, cropped Zerner-Farber and the larger Enchanted with borders. Are you sure that the cards in your original were really that large?

Aurora369

When I had the Instant Tarot Reader set many years ago, the deck struck me as *quite* small--playing card size actually seems about right. I've never heard of any version of the decks beyond the small, cropped Zerner-Farber and the larger Enchanted with borders. Are you sure that the cards in your original were really that large?

I have the same set and the cards are more like the size of playing cards. The larger cards are the ones with the white borders. I have yet to see a larger version of the border-less cards anywhere.