Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Melissa`

Oh wow..

thats all I can say..

Wow :D

... other than that I can't believe I missed this thread. Then again I haven't looked in this forum in a while. Boy was I missing a lot!

I love all of your cards, Chronata! I especially like the tower card :D

You are extremely talented and I will subscribe to this tread now!

Blessings,
Melissa

Moongold

The Tower is one of the most unusual I have ever seen. What a witty concept! I have ben quietly watching but couldn't restrain myself any longer. Thanks :)

Ravenswing

all right!!

chronata--

real nice to see you in action again. and a most excellent tower!!

fly well
Raven

Kissa

BRILLIANT!!!

Oh Chronata,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your deck is a beauty! I love the richness of colours, and i just realized that all cards shown until now are indoors. I must admit i was too lazy to read the whole thread and just scrowled down to find the attached pictures.

The Tower made me smile, it is very witty and a wonderful way to dedramatize the bad reputation this card carries around. As a pet owner, i know that guy's feeling ;) ...

The Hierophant is one of my less favourite cards in any deck. You succeeded in making this popeish guy look nice... How could you manage that? I am not a big fan of the catholic church (let's put it that way) and usually hate all this card represent. Well the truth is (like with the 10 of Swords before baba's Tarot of Prague) i get blocked by the picture and my intuition get stucked. Impossible to get any message, the only thing i hear is "i hate that card"... Yep i'm a very poor tarot reader but nobody has to know ;)

Well anyway, i just wanted to add my name to the numerous posts of congratulations... and to the pre-order list as well :D

Thank you very much for sharing your work!

Kissa

PS: I love the big face of the moon and the rainbow idea in Temperance. The Devil goes the same way as the Tower: you make your point and stick to the traditional meaning without scarying the heck out of readers ;) Very clever, very witty. Can hardly wait to see from what angle you will be attacking some of the tricky minors!

lunakasha

I agree with Kissa....not a big fan of the Hierophant either, for the same reasons mentioned....BUT yours is definitely a kindler, gentler version of His Holiness....I like it VERY much!!! :D

The Tower is also brilliant.....never seen such a humourous take on such an ominous card, and yet the meaning or outcome is the same: chaos and destruction!!!

Thank you so much for sharing these, Chronata....
I am already anticipating the NEXT two!!! No pressure, really.....;)

:p Luna

Chronata

Hi again, everyone!

Thanks for all your kind words! :)

Just to answer a few queries....

Major Tom... I'm really glad you like the Hierophant. I do too. :)
As to why you can see the faces of the acolytes...well there's a simple reason.
I decided right off to equate the children in my deck with a feeling of innocence. That is why all the children in the cards have masks with them, but they do not yet wear them.
They are still very open about who they are.

And Alas! there's no bits falling off the cake...unless you count the tiny figures of the Lovers... :D (but since you are one of only three people who have ever seen THAT card...I shouldn't say any more...at least not yet!) })

Kissa and Luna...I have had, I believe, very similar problems with the Hierophant as far back as I can remember...all I could ever equate him with was a very small minded, church view, and a feeling of Righteousness. And it really did come from the illustrations in the decks I have. (don't worry Kissa...this does not mean you are a lousy reader...I felt the same way!)

But as I worked on the image...and really LISTENED to the card speak to me, I found that there are some wonderful things about the Hierophant's personality that I had not really taken the time to notice before...like the strong and respectful father image, as well as teacher of What Has Come Before.

The idea of tradition and ritual was very strongly in my mind, thanks to an earlier thread in the RWS study group about the significance of roses and lilies.

Imagemaker helped me define and refine my theories on ritual...which made me think of why some are so important, and why people hang on to older more established ways of doing things...it's not neccessarily because they are resistant to change(as I have always thought that the Hiero is)...but because there is a Truth in some tried and tested ways of doing things.

That's pretty much what sparked our conversation...and you can see that the Hierophant has a knowing (and somewhat wry) smile!

Don't mean to get so deep into this right now...but I was so very exited about my Hierophant epiphany!!
I hope you can look at him a little differently now too! :D

Anyway...I have finished the card sketches for the Wheel and the Priestess...and I hope to block the colors soon!

I am not even close to finishing all these Majors in the next two weeks (my own deadline...sigh) But I do feel as if I am back on track! I am shooting for about two cards a week at this point(barring any sudden setbacks!)

So keep watching this space! And as always...thanks everyone for your encouragement!

lunakasha

Chronata said:
I am not even close to finishing all these Majors in the next two weeks (my own deadline...sigh) But I do feel as if I am back on track! I am shooting for about two cards a week at this point(barring any sudden setbacks!)

So keep watching this space!

I most certainly will, Chronata!!!

Two cards a week....I can hardly wait!!! :D

:) Luna

starsongs

Oh, Chronata :D

I'm enjoying Tarot of The Masquerade so much! Your cards are wonderful!

starsongs

TemperanceAngel

Count me in for a deck when it's published and really it is by far one of the greatest decks I have seen in here :)

(In between Starsongs I LOVE your avatar!!!!)

starsongs

TemperanceAngel said:
Count me in for a deck when it's published and really it is by far one of the greatest decks I have seen in here :)

(In between Starsongs I LOVE your avatar!!!!)

Count me in for a deck too, Chronata!

Thank you, Temperance Angel, for your kind words about my avatar! I'm so glad you like it!
:D
starsongs