Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

September Pixie

Please let us know!! I would LOVE to have it :) This is a beautiful deck! Congrats!

Astra

Temperance - hmmm. I like the black and white waves - maybe black and white cups to match?

Her expression seems glum rather than stern - a picky thing to point out, I suppose. Is that a castemark in the forehead, or something else and a resolution problem with the small graphic?

Gardener

My Goodness, Chronata,

Each card is more beautiful than the last! I fell in love with the very first card, and it has been an unfolding delight. I come check this thread every few days to see if there are new cards yet, and today I found TWO. Strength is darling, it's PEFERCT, it's better than all the mouth-holding ladies who look really weird to me. It is so tender. And the Iris connection for Temperance is inspired. I love it! Definitely do a major only edition - and let me help with the publishing! I noticed that Marie is offering a limited edition of the majors, and then anyone who bought that would be able to get a limited of the rest of the deck, when it is finished, presumably in a year or so. I thought that sounded very smart. Incentive for you to keep going, and incentive for others to start collecting.

What a pretty, pretty deck. Can't wait to see more!

Ravenswing

what a party!

Chronata--

Such a marvelous job you've been doing here :laugh: . I REALLY love the concept of a gathering. It seems that you've tapped into a inner world of your own. Just as real as the outer world we share.

I perfectly well understand the clamoring of cards that you're getting. This kind of thing happens to me-- my cards will let me know if I haven't gotten things quite right... (sometimes I wonder who's doing the drawing/painting) Just remember that you are the one manifesting them here-- remind them of that once in a while...

It may lower the pressure and stress if you have a working order to create them in. They may get in line a bit better.

When you get these published, don't let any publisher stick a stupid white border around them. I think they stand well as they are. And you believe it too.

It may be that your ballroom can become a spread or two. Or three...

fly well
Raven

Cocobird55

Hi, Chronata

Your deck is beautiful. I love masquerades and black and white diamonds on the floor. I hope you do publish it -- I want a copy.

Congratulations on getting the parrot (Scarlet macaw) right. I love parrots -- have four of them, and I can never understand why artists usually do such a bad job of painting them...wrong colors, wrong proportions. Anyway, yours is great.

Sue

lunakasha

(((Chronata)))

I am speechless!!!! (OK...not literally...sorry! :p)

I had no idea that you have been creating this BEAUTIFUL, fantastical.....amazing work of art!!!! :D I have just spent the last few minutes reading through this thread and looking at all of the cards....they are absolutely perfect! AND the theme is very appealing to me, as you would probably guess (being a fan of the Madame Endora cards).

Congratulations....you should be very proud of what you have created so far....you are a VERY talented artist, and I know these cards well do very well when they are published! :D

BTW....I agree with you and everyone else who has already mentioned this: BORDERLESS is best!!! :p

Blessings to you...I will be checking in here daily to see how things are progressing!

:) Luna

TemperanceAngel

Chronata, I love the fact that Temperance is pouring a rainbow from one cup to another....she looks so serious though, is there a reason for this?
XTAX

ncefafn

Wow! This deck is sooo coooool! Oh, man, I would love to have this deck! I love Strength, and the kid on the stick horse in The Sun is such a great touch. The Devil with his marionnettes . . . and when you do your LWB, you have to include your story about the Death card.

Let me know when you're ready to take pre-orders!

Kim

Chronata

yay! my deck has new fans...how cool is that?

Ok...all you new fans of the Midnight Masquerade have a very important job to do...(ah...you didn't think I would put you to work, did ya? ;) )
You all have to periodically remind me...OK NAG me if you have to...to get these cards finished!
I have set up a tentative deadline...but I'm never very good at keeping to these things on my own...so please keep reminding me that you want to have a deck in your hands...and I might actually finish this huge undertaking!

*to Ravenswing... Don't worry...there will be no border! (especially if Gardener is helping me publish these!) There might be a tiny thin black border just to make sure that they are cut correctly.
And you said somrthing that sparked my imagination...when you suggested a ballroom spread. Because, of course I have a floorplan/map where all these scenes take place...and I have been thinking about how great it would be to create a spread just for this party! ooh...and a spread that deals with the time as well...since something magical happens at midnight..
Youv'e got me thinking...

*To cocobird55...I love to paint parrots...and macaws, and all birds actually! I have painted a few parrots before on various wall murals. You are the expert...and thanks for the compliment! I am glad I got it right!

*To Gardener...your'e on, girl! When I am ready to publish I am seeking you out! (wherever you happen to be at the time!!) Maybe we will meet somewhere in the middle of the country...or maybe somewhere exotic!
You know...I never thought of the idea of giving those who have the limited edition of the Majors...a deal on the Minors. That is pretty brilliant!

*To Astra...Temperance has become my least favorite card so far. Part of the reason was her expression was so strange...so I have repainted it several times...and It STILL looks strange!

I am thinking however, that it looks better in closeup...so I scanned it in so all can see it better. I think I wanted her to look like she was concentrating...but she keeps making that sour face at me every single time I repaint it!

So I am leaving it be for now....although the image may not be entirely safe from a complete overhaul in the near future.
I'm just not sure she is colorfulk enough to compete with the other partgoers.
Then again...it's not really a competition (at least not for the Majors!)

I hope to have two more cards by next week...hmmm...maybe my untraditional interpretations of the Tower and the Wheel of Fortune...
We'll see how the week goes!

Thanks everyone for your continual encouragement!

Attachments

• tempcloseup.jpg
    tempcloseup.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 234

HudsonGray

I wonder if she'd look better if you gave her a bit more chin? Or shorten the nose? She looks sort of like the stereotyped English royalty right now. Could be the puffy cheeks (lack of cheek bones, this gives more of a baby look) but I think it's more likely the small chin.