TdM Reading Circle ~ November 2016

dancing_moon

Dear TdM lovers,

Welcome to the next round of our Circle! :D As usual, we have a suggested spread and a challenge (see below).

Note: If you'd like to be notified about future TdM Circle installments, please post in the PM notifications thread.

Sign-up list
AnemoneRosie
Michellehihi
nisaba
scholarlost
strings of life
zhadee

Partners list
AnemoneRosie & scholarlost - Complete! :royal:
Michellehihi & nisaba - Complete! :royal:
strings of life & zhadee

Timeline:
- Sign-up is CLOSED
- Sign-up closes and reading partners to be assigned on: 8 November
- Reading and feedback to be completed by: 30 November
Note: Please PM me and your partner if you expect to be late with your exchange, and an extension of time will be set. Otherwise, unfortunately, you'll earn a strike!

Spreads:
The suggested spread for this month is:

The Star spread

1 - The large Star: What is your biggest dream at this time?
2 - The seven lesser Stars: What actions can help you achieve your dream?
3 - The flowing Water: What feelings can help you achieve your dream?

CHALLENGE!

Note: Challenge is an additional task for those who'd like to try something new and experiment with alternative reading methods. It is in no way compulsory and can be done by only one of the partners in an exchange (or neither!), according to their wishes and agreement.

This month, we're going to add an intuitive message to our readings. Once you've finished interpreting the spread, focus on your sitter's dream and pull one more card. Then carefully write down the first sentence or phrase that comes to mind once you've seen it. Don't worry about its relevance or depth, chances are your sitter will know what it's about! :)

Have fun experimenting! :party:

You are also free to choose your own spreads, with a minimum of three cards.

I'm leaving the links to the spreads from the last exchanges in here for reference - if you want to do the same spread please see with your reading partner which one you both like:

Fibonacci spread (Posts 8 and 9)
Compass spread
Tirage en Croix
Dynamic Hexagramme spread
Comte de Mellet spread
Chronata's spread

Decks:
The TdM Exchange is a friendly and fun place to share and develop our reading skills with Tarot de Marseille decks, other historic decks with non-scenic pips and Tarot de Marseille inspired modern decks. If you aren't sure if you have a deck that is suited, just ask. If you decide to read with a deck that your sitter does not have, please post pictures of the cards you drew so everybody can follow.

Pips reading methods:
There are a lot of different reading methods of the Tarot de Marseille and especially the pips. These are all equally welcome and all ok. If you don't know where to start, check the forum index (especially the thread on "Reading Methods" - and don't be shy or scared by the non-scenic pips, just jump on right in!) In order to make this a fruitful learning experience for the reader, the sitter and everybody following the exchange, please take the time to explain what method you are using for the pips. Links to threads here on the forum explaining the method or single cards are most welcome.

Please share the process of your reading, not only the results. And please take the time and effort (as most people do anyway) to write more than a line on each card. Tell your partner what your interpretation is based on, what you saw, what brought you to the conclusions. The more detail, the more everybody will learn!

No-show/Problems:
If anybody has a problem completing their reading or feedback, please please please get in touch with your reading partner and myself. It's not nice to be left hanging in an exchange - and whoever is NOT completing an exchange he or she signed up for (and especially fails to communicate about it) will not be allowed to sign up again until it is completed - and in worst case even risks a three months ban from all reading exchanges.

If there should be any problems or questions, feel free to contact me and I will do my best to sort it out.

(Of course, the Reading Exchange Posting Guidelines apply for this exchange as well - and there are some good tips for feedback etc in that post!)

Wishing everyone a happy exchange! :party:

AnemoneRosie

Yes please :)
This spread looks so lovely!

Michellehihi

me me me !!!

strings of life

I'm in as well :).

zhadee

I wanted to pause from the circles... but boy, this is another fabulous spread you're coming up with! :D

in :)

nisaba

Always happy to play in the water. :)

baconwaffles

I would love to participate this month but I seem to have a lot on my plate at the moment. Until next month!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dancing_moon

Welcome everyone! :D See you next month, baconwaffles! :thumbsup:

FriendlyFool

I would like to take part in this reading circle if possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scholarlost

I'd also like to try, with a note that I am brand new to reading with TDM, and still figuring out this system (I have more experience with RWS clones, and Thoth).