the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

nisaba

Jewel said:
I do not believe one needs back-ups of every deck, but special favorites you know you will treasure for years and years ... that is another matter entirely. Go get your Liber T back-up deck while the gettin' is good! :D

I think I might be very good at this enabling thing!
I'm better. The proof: You *do* need backups of every deck. Yes, even the ones you haven't pulled out in months. Why? Sooner or later someone will want them and you can Be The Bigger Man and give it to them. Or ... they'll go OOP and you'll make a killing selling them for enough money to fund your habit for months!

nisaba

HearthCricket said:
Ah, my dream thread! Someone enable me to get the Liber-T...I've had it and sold it several times.
Someone enable me to get it in the first plave - I've never owned a copy <sniffle>.

Tell me true: I have to have it because it's an Important Deck, right?

nisaba

gregory said:
I need to find something to want. It is so hard on crap dialup..... Help me.
Gregorey,
I would dearly love to enable you. The Gods know you need it, after all.

However.

I have a problem.

It's so hard on crap broadband to find a deck that you DON'T HAVE!

Really.

I would have offered to enable you to buy the gorgeous Majors-only Lebanese deck, in a limited edition of 100 signed and numbered copies of which I have 45 and someone recently bought a copy in the mid-fifties, but my Granny Jones Deck tells me sagely that you've already bought it, and before me, too.

If I can't even enable you on the third-rarest deck in the world, what *can* I do?

Emily

nisaba said:
Someone enable me to get it in the first plave - I've never owned a copy <sniffle>.

Tell me true: I have to have it because it's an Important Deck, right?

The Liber T is different and if you click with the artwork, you'll never regret it - its not pure Thoth, although the Thothy elements are there, its not RWS - it is a deck that makes you want to reach past what can sometimes be harsh artwork - at first glance, this looks like a deck that will never be readable and this is what people see first, then they give up.

But this is a deck that is so user-friendly that it beggars belief - it spoke to me and I've struggled with just the RWS and clone decks for years. I love the Liber T because it can be used at its most basic - you can just use it with keywords - but sooner or later it will try to move you on and you will have flashes of intuition, little ones at first or one of the little scenes on the card you're looking at will seem relevant.

Scion said that the designs on the cards are drawn to increase and even start intuition and having used this deck for a while now, I think this too. I still struggle with other decks, even the Thoth but using the Liber T is like having an old friend.

truelighth

gregory said:
Thanks for that, baba. It is true. I know this. My cholesterol result from routine bloods has just caused my doctor to phone and demand my attendance. No more chocolate for me. Now would someone kindly enable me for something ?

Oh poor you, no more chocolate. Well, ok, to make up. I will enable you. How about a nice new Polish tarot by Robert Lichodziejewski. Adam has it on his weblog and you can get it easily from the online Polish webstores.

Oh and did you order the Light of the Goddess Tarot yet. That is one you just gotta have :D.

emmsma

Emily said:
The Liber T is different and if you click with the artwork, you'll never regret it - its not pure Thoth, although the Thothy elements are there, its not RWS - it is a deck that makes you want to reach past what can sometimes be harsh artwork - at first glance, this looks like a deck that will never be readable and this is what people see first, then they give up.

But this is a deck that is so user-friendly that it beggars belief - it spoke to me and I've struggled with just the RWS and clone decks for years. I love the Liber T because it can be used at its most basic - you can just use it with keywords - but sooner or later it will try to move you on and you will have flashes of intuition, little ones at first or one of the little scenes on the card you're looking at will seem relevant.

Scion said that the designs on the cards are drawn to increase and even start intuition and having used this deck for a while now, I think this too. I still struggle with other decks, even the Thoth but using the Liber T is like having an old friend.

OMG! Now I'VE been enabled on the Liber T!!

gregory

emmsma said:
OMG! Now I'VE been enabled on the Liber T!!
Quite right too. It is a FABULOUS thing and everyone needs it. Yes, you too, nisaba.

And truelighth - the second I shall acquire shortly; the first I cannot see yet (dialup, you know) but thanks for the tip !

Le Fanu

Emily said:
But this is a deck that is so user-friendly that it beggars belief - it spoke to me and I've struggled with just the RWS and clone decks for years. I love the Liber T because it can be used at its most basic - you can just use it with keywords - but sooner or later it will try to move you on and you will have flashes of intuition, little ones at first or one of the little scenes on the card you're looking at will seem relevant

So, so true. I just did a "next fortnight spread", where I am now and where Im going. Such a good reading. Let yourself be swept along on the colours and atmospheres and it reads spectacularly.

This must be one of the most beautifully coloured decks currently on the market. The colours really sizzle. Was it painted with pastel? Does anyone know the medium?? (questions genuinely asked for the sake of maximum swoon-value enabling...)

Jewel

Taamar said:
You just made me pull out my 'new' Dragon Tarot (thank you, Kilted Kat!) and check out the Death card. You're right, it is starkley beautiful! Reminds me of winters in Maryland when it would sleet something fierce and freeze overnight... miserable as hell until the next morning dawned clear and bright and the ice-cased bare trees sparkled like a million diamonds.
Stop it or you are going to enable me to re-acquire the thing! *LOL* I have been on a terrible re-acquiring binge of decks I got rid of ... I am pretty sure I will end up getting this one again too. I love dragons ... crap, I think you just enabled me on a deck I was not really considering!

gregory

DRAGONS ???? Nigel Suckling's dragons deck is LOVELY. And cheap ! Widely available in places like the Works....