Vision Quest - Five of Earth

Soaring Eagle

Description: There is a basket of corn with several ears of corn laying outside the basket. In the background is a stone building. There are three black birds, possibly ravens, flying away. The sky is grey.

Significant Details: The raven, to some “the creator” and to others “the trickster” is shown flying away from the basket of corn. Corn symbolizes fertility. This corn is the same as in the Ace of Earth, but lacking many of the colors as many kernels have fallen out.

My Interpretation: You are insecure, worried, possibly filled with self-pity. There is a lot of negativity in your life right now, you may be feeling inadequate.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why was this basket of corn left out? Was it because of the approaching storm? Or because the birds arrived? The basket is torn, maybe it's been outside for a while?

The brown (security) is ever present in this card, there is a firm base, but the gray of uncertainty is also ever present.

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 5 - Force, Conflict, Change, Courage, Strength, Instability, Loss, Opportunity for Change, New Cycle

Keywords*: Insecurity, fear of loss, worries, negative thoughts, self-abuse, self-condemnation, fear of inadequacy, self-pity

Inner message*: Once again, you have been pulled into an old, negative mind-loop. To get out of it requires your full attention. Remember why you tend to think abour yourself so harshly. Look closely: where does this destructive influence come from, and who needs it? Find out! Become aware of the influence negative thoughts have, and how you allow yourself to be hypnotized by them.

Outward manifestation*: In this state it is better to stay on the side-lines. Don’t try to accomplish big things, let alone making important changes in your environment. An insistent fear of failure could jeopardize what develops now. First let that dark cloud of worry pass out of your mind – it fogs up your consciousness. By becoming still and regulary relaxing your mind, you will soon find that everything looks a lot brighter and clearer.

My Interpretation: You are insecure, worried, possibly filled with self-pity. There is a lot of negativity in your life right now, you may be feeling inadequate. Find out why you may be feelings this way – why do you allow yourself to be hypnotized by them, why do you allow the dark cloud fog up your consciousness? If you take this as learning and growing as a person, you will be set free, you will learn to see much clearer. Do not let it control you but take control of it yourself.

*From the LWB :)

divinegoddess

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: Why was this basket of corn left out? Was it because of the approaching storm? Or because the birds arrived? The basket is torn, maybe it's been outside for a while?

The brown (security) is ever present in this card, there is a firm base, but the gray of uncertainty is also ever present.

I think there was a storm already, it got lost and left behind. When one feels lost and left behind, one feels insecure. The black birds feed the insecurity within. One needs to learn why one feels that way, only then can one send the birds away.

Soaring Eagle

I think there was a storm already, it got lost and left behind. When one feels lost and left behind, one feels insecure. The black birds feed the insecurity within. One needs to learn why one feels that way, only then can one send the birds away.

I like your take on that. I hadn't really thought about the birds feeding on our insecurities.