Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 291 : February 25 - March 3

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for Jan - Jun 2017.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).
(tarot only)

Deck of the Week Tarot Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum (Oracles and combined Tarot & Oracle readings)

Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Tarot of the Secret Forest
2. CharlotteK - Fournier Conver TdM & Grimaud TdM
3. DaughterofDanu - Rock n Roll Tarot & Wisdom of the Oracle
4. AJ - Rosetta Tarot
5. Scarlet Woodland - Tarot of Vampyres & Oracle of the Shapeshifters
6. Owl Song - Tarot of Delphi
7. BodhiSeed - Touchstone Tarot & Waterhouse Oracle
8. Madame Squee - STS Lenormand & Dark Grimoire Tarot
9. Rose Lalonde - Tabula Mundi & Tarot of the Sephiroth
10. willowy - Infinite Visions Tarot
11. RiverRunsDeep - Dark Goddess Tarot
12. Carojulie - Cheimonette & Sacred Bridges & Druidcraft & Fountain & Vanessa Tarots
13. RavenofSummer - Celtic Wisdom Tarot & Shamanic Healing Oracle

VGimlet

This week I'm switching over to the Tarot of the Secret Forest for 4 weeks probably with a break for another deck in the middle.

CharlotteK

Good evening VG and thanks for the new thread. I am going to continue on my TdM journey and keep reading with my Fournier but will dip into the Grimaud too and do some side by side comparisons. ✌

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

DaughterOfDanu

I'm not over the Rock n Roll tarot yet so I'll be working with that again as well as the Wisdom of the Oracle deck.

AJ

Rosetta, thank you VG

Scarlet Woodland

Tarot of Vampyres and Oracle of the Shapeshifters for me please VG :)

Owl Song

Joining in with the amazing Tarot of Delphi.

Thank you.

VGimlet

Welcome Owl Song!

Took me some digging to find the Tarot of the Secret Forest, I finally had to go look online and see what the box looked like, LOL. Which is making me think I need to do a giant reorganization.

Hmmm. Going to have to think about that. :eek:

BodhiSeed

Touchstone Tarot and the Waterhouse Oracle for me - thank you VGimlet! :heart:

Welcome to the group, Owl Song. :)

Owl Song

Tarot of Delphi

Thanks for having me! :)

Plans for the week: I purchased this deck about a year ago but never read with it. I wanted to sit with the deck first and get to know it. Time passed and passed...I never did it. Until now! I will go through each and every card first before doing any readings. This will probably take me a couple of weeks. What a treat though -- these paintings are a delight. With a small notepad and a pencil, working one card at a time, I will jot down the name of the painting, year, and artist, a few phrases from the LWB, and my first impressions.

First session
This morning I read the introduction to the LWB and went through the first five cards (The Fool through the Emperor.)

The imagery of this deck is drawn from Greek and Roman mythology and from classical history. Orpheus ascending from the Underworld is the Fool. Clever and deadly Medea is our potent Magician. Pythia, the Oracle of Delphi, is the iconic High Priestess, Venus is an alluring Empress** and Rome's Constantine I is the Emperor.

**Venus is actually the alternate Empress card. The warrior queen Zenobia is the "official" one. A reader can choose to keep both in the deck or take one out. I love Zenobia but I see her energy as an Emperor energy. So for me personally, I would actually replace Constantine (the Emperor) with Zenobia while keeping Venus as my Empress.

These heroes, gods, goddesses, kings and queens are magnificently flawed. I love the richness of story that surrounds these figures. There's plenty to contemplate, which gives the deck lots of nuance for a reader to sink her teeth into.

I was thinking that this deck would pair beautifully with the Ancient Feminine Wisdom Oracle by Kay Steventon or Michele-lee Phelan's Mythic Oracle.