Some people just asking for troubles..

Elven

I think people like him can be a bit of a gem. Only once though ;)

Until you have them in your face and in your space, especially in the public arena, you will never have the opportunity to see how you feel and respond to what happened in that moment.
Thankfully, he wasn't violent, or ver-bully abusive and you had other people around you. He was rude and seemingly wanted a reaction out of you through his confrontation of accusation.
I'd just keep an eye out for a second comeback - if you see him in your reading space again, you don't have to interact with him at all.

He wont be the last.

I wrote about a similar situation some years ago on the forum - I don't know what thread its in now, but I was reading at one of our towns Magic Winter festival Event days and a woman (who didn't even want a reading) came directly over to my reading table to specifically tell me I needed a sign to say "For entertainment Purposes Only". My straight-faced comeback... "I'm not here to entertain you".
Never saw her again ;) LOL.

Thoughtful

I tell my sitters that I don't want to know their question in advance

This is how l work too. l tell the sitter to relax, we have a short general chat as l like to ask if they have had a reading before so that they are not anxious. It also helps to bring in a connection with the sitter and once we are both settled l read.

Tobe it was an unfortunate incident for you, seems like he was sounding you out putting you to the test. Trying to demean you was an act of total ignorance and not something you need to dwell on. Your explanation was justified but people do not always know the difference between psychics, mediums, readers etc. No excuse for his behaviour towards you though.

SunChariot

So as I was doing a reading for my friend yesterday.
This random guy came up and said he was interested in doing one as well.
"okay. Strange, but normal." I thought to myself.
Which is quite true since it isn't rare that when some passer by saw me in a progress of a reading to be intrigued of the idea of "fortune telling".
So I politely ask him to wait, and he did.

As I'm finishing up the reading for my friend, I let this gentleman sit down across the table.
I then later explain, "before we start, I'd like to let you know. I'm a tarot card reader, I'm not a psychic. I can't tell your future. I'm just depicting the outcome that is most likely will happen depend on your current choices you have made and the flow of your decisions."

He replied "Understood, so how should we do this?"

It's normal that when someone who are new to Tarot don't know what to ask. So I explain the typical questions I'm being asked, like "How does this look so far?" "What will happen if I..." or "Does this change anything, if so. How?"

Then he slapped me with a question of "Do I have any relatives that have names start with L."

W-T-F?

These three letters instantly grind across my mind, and I was stunned by his stupidity.

"Uhm, okay. So, I'm not a psychic. I don't know," I said.

"But you use tarot cards!" He replied.

"Yes, but it's a tool. Like a calculator, or a computer. You ask me a question, I google the answer. Unlike the internet, with definite and clear answers for every questions. Tarot cards offer me a window to use my imagination and intuition to see what the answer is. It's like looking through a blurred glass." I explained, again.

"So you're a fraud." He sharply said.

"No, I already said I'm not a psychic, plus, I'm not charging you." I started to get annoyed.

"Wow, okay. What a disappointment (or somewhere along that line)," he spit out these words and shrugged his shoulders as though he exposed a liar.

"B****, get the f*** outta here before my friend and I kicked your sour little ungrateful a** outta here," my friend jumped in, I silently agreed.

I just gotta say, there are people who just too dumb to understand what they don't understand. Not that their intelligence is flawed, just they closed up their mind so tight. Refusing any possibilities that things aren't as them seem.

It's okay to be skeptics. But, please be respectful while doubting. Questioning helps people to grow, but purposely f-ing with people is just a pure act of taunting like a brute.

Yep. To me that was a warning sign. As soon as he asked if he had any relatives starting with the letter L. (Especially after you already said you were not psychic.)

I would have stopped everything right here and told him Tarot does not work like that and will not answer that kind of question. I would not have tried to read for him, we were done at that point. I guess I would have told him that No, I am not a fraud and am in fact a good reader, but Tarot does not work the way he thinks. That most, if not all of the way it is perceived commonly by society is inaccurate. And that if he insists on having preconceived ideas of what it is and how it works, I won't be able to read for him. He'd have to remain open-minded for it to work for him.

Personally, I wont read for someone who is predisposed to not believe anything I tell them or is looking for proof. They try to twist anything you say to their beliefs. Tarot won't give him that proof . He needs to first come to it with an open mind for it to work. Then some real miracles may show up. But Tarot notoriously hates to be tested. In my experience it will just refuse to work if the person is too closed to believe what he sees.

Babs