Who's the best Tarot reader you know?

prudence

I was able to visit The Lucky Mojo Curio Co. because it is one of my most favorite places on the Internet, if not on this planet. I knew I should have taken the time for a reading but I was off to Korbel winery. I must take a drive back up there soon.

It's hands down my all time favorite occult shop, and I've been to loads of them from east coast to the west. Catherine was available by phone for readings back a few years ago, I'm thinking she still may be. Other than her reading ability, I was also very impressed with how much time she spent on what was meant to be a rather short reading. Her rates are also very reasonable.

Ace

I have read what others say and I have to say it: the best reader I know is ME!

And I think that is true for ALL of us. We really know ourselves best, we just have to back up a bit and be objective about it.

Barb

Trogon

It would be mighty interesting to get an actual, physical reading from a Tarotist who's just seated across you, right? I think I just might try that out. Altho I'm rather curious as to why the friend who inspired you decided to quit the Tarot.

I do have to agree about getting a reading from someone like that. I HAVE had readings from two psychics, both down in Sedona, AZ. One was just a psychic reading without any physical tools and it was extremely good and very helpful at the time. The other was a couple of years later and he used a pendulum, but in a different manner than I'd ever seen; he had a board with letters and numbers in a large circle - the pendulum would go around and he'd watch and letters and phrases or whatever would kind of jump out at him. It was a very accurate and interesting reading.

The friend, who lived next door to us for several years, didn't exactly "quit" Tarot so to speak. Rather, the more mundane matters of work and life in general kind of pushed Tarot to the way-side. She lives in Tucson now and has been retired for a lot of years. Next time I talk to her, I should ask if she's gotten interested in Tarot again at all.

DownUnderNZer

A very dead one now, but when she was alive she was simply the BEST - the Tarot was just a prop really.

Think her name was Elizabeth or Catherine and she was from the UK and when I saw her she was well into her 60s or even 70s.

The bomb dot com...cream of the cream.

DND :)

nisaba

As far as accuracy in reading for my life, I'm the best reader I've ever met.

<grin> I was about to say something similar, a long as I'm reading for other people! The cards just seem to sing to me. And I have a friend in Brisbane who is an excoriating reader. :)

Alta

I had a random reading once when I was in the midst of total personal chaos. It was a lovely sunny day and she was sitting on the low wide wall in front of the Halifax Public Library. She used two cards for every position of the CC and it was the best reading, perfect for that time.

MeeWah, who used to be a member here, gave me some of the best readings that I have ever had.

I agree that we are the best readers for ourselves because we know our own lives and can see where the cards fit in.

EmpyreanKnight

Thanks for sharing, everyone! Your accounts of seemingly ordinary people who are nevertheless great readers is very inspiring. To always be so accurate and on point must be a grand thing, not to say a huge responsibility. I wonder how they got that way tho, what books they read, which mentors they had, what paths they took.

nisaba

I wonder how they got that way tho, what books they read, which mentors they had, what paths they took.

I don't think it has much to do with that, honestly. That is just bricks. A pallet of bricks does not make the perfect house, even though houses need bricks.

What I think matters is human connection, an ability to see the world through your clients' eyes, compassion, ethics, ruthlessness, life-experience, and honesty-with-yourself. Miss any one of those, and you won't end up saying what the client needs to hear, even if you do end up saying what they want to hear.

The crowned one

Unfortunately me. Insight to my insights :)

arcange

The best I've met is Claudio from Cortona,Italy. His mum and grandma read with objects in exchange for eggs or whatever people could share . When his mum passed he was homeless vagabonding. He was reading with sticks and stones and all kinds of little objects he kept in a bag. Eventually he met a man who taught h Tarot. He used a mix of Antico Tarocco for the majors and regular playing cards for the minors.