Four of Wands and Timing

bluelagune

You can also go by astrological timing, which would be April 10-20 for the 4 of Wands.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thank you. Yes, I've seen that representation but any experience to validate it?

Amanda

Yes, IVe had 5 of wands come as 5 days but then cups sometimes become days. Thanks though. I'm wondering when you got this card, what was the topic of your question?

Uhh, let's see. :D I've been reading a long time! :laugh: More recently it came up for a pregnancy prediction of when (around father's birthday). I've had it for moving as well. Additionally I've asked, "How many days until.." and received the 4 of Wands to tell me, "Four". Sometimes I've had the 4 of Pentacles for moving... I had a lady playing 'Test the psychic' and she asked me if she rented or owned her house; I pulled the 4 of Pentacles so I knew she was renting.. then she asked me how long until she moved and I got the 8 of Wands, so I said, "Quickly, within the next two weeks." She said those were correct. I think the wands are fairly fast no matter which card you get.

Barleywine

I've been using an "elmental and planetary humours" timing model for a while now, which makes the 4 of Wands "four days."

Fire/Choleric/Wands/Sun, Mars, Jupiter - hot + dry-to-moist - is the most volatile and rapid of the elements, so Days

Air/Sanguine/Swords/Mercury - temperate; mainly cool + dry - is the second most active and buoyant, so Weeks (drawing a bit of heat from the Choleric side motivates it)

Water/Phlegmatic/Cups/Venus, Moon - warm-to-cool + moist - is third in mobility, so Months (the monthly lunar cycle also resonates for me with Cups)

Earth/Melancholic/Coins/Saturn - cold + dry-to-moist - is the most dense and immovable, so Years (or at best, many Months)

Obviously the answer must remain within the bounds of temporal common sense: "10 years" or "10 months" would be an irrational response to "When will I hear back about my recent job application?" (unless the true answer is really "never"), while "10 weeks" might not be an unreasonable turn-around for some larger companies. On the other hand, "4 days" would also be senseless unless the application was electronic and the job has already been filled.

TheProphet

Thank you. Yes, I've seen that representation but any experience to validate it?

I've just started out with it, because, for me it doesn't work to go by days, weeks, months and years. In the beginning of this year I asked a timing question and I got the 4 of Wands. So, I figured, in 4 days or in April. It didn't happen in 4 days, which it rarely does for me, so maybe April. But that's just for me, I know that the "typical", "standard" (?) timing works for some, but it just doesn't work for me at all. However, I've started to believe that my deck speaks to me through its images more than anything else. The images seem to give me a better clue about when something may happen.

Barleywine

I've just started out with it, because, for me it doesn't work to go by days, weeks, months and years. In the beginning of this year I asked a timing question and I got the 4 of Wands. So, I figured, in 4 days or in April. It didn't happen in 4 days, which it rarely does for me, so maybe April. But that's just for me, I know that the "typical", "standard" (?) timing works for some, but it just doesn't work for me at all. However, I've started to believe that my deck speaks to me through its images more than anything else. The images seem to give me a better clue about when something may happen.

I should have clarified that my method applies mainly to the minor cards, Ace through 10; I use an approach like the above for trump catds. I don't really have a rule of thumb for them, other than the inherent nature of the card and its astrological and elemental correspondences. The Tower is associated with fiery Mars and implies a swift upset, the Hermit is represented by a methodical Earth sign (Virgo), but is still Mercurial so there would be a bit more promptness to its action than the World, which is related to ponderous Saturn. By that logic, the Fool (as zero) could mean either "today" or Weeks according to its Air attribution. I know some people see the Trumps as generally "slow-acting," but I treat it more as a situational "cut-to-fit" depending on context. Actually, common sense regarding the nature of the question should always be the first consideration.

The fact that court cards may signify interaction with other people, who usually have their own agenda and tiimetable, would seem to make them tricky for timing purposes. Their elemental nature, inherent posture (standing, seated, mounted) and orientation/direction related to the rest of the spread might suggest whether someone will be coming into or going out of the matter, and how soon.

TheProphet

I should have clarified that my method applies mainly to the minor cards, Ace through 10; I use an approach like the above for trump catds. I don't really have a rule of thumb for them, other than the inherent nature of the card and its astrological and elemental correspondences. The Tower is associated with fiery Mars and implies a swift upset, the Hermit is represented by a methodical Earth sign (Virgo), but is still Mercurial so there would be a bit more promptness to its action than the World, which is related to ponderous Saturn. By that logic, the Fool (as zero) could mean either "today" or Weeks according to its Air attribution. I know some people see the Trumps as generally "slow-acting," but I treat it more as a situational "cut-to-fit" depending on context. Actually, common sense regarding the nature of the question should always be the first consideration.

The fact that court cards may signify interaction with other people, who usually have their own agenda and tiimetable, would seem to make them tricky for timing purposes. Their elemental nature, inherent posture (standing, seated, mounted) and orientation/direction related to the rest of the spread might suggest whether someone will be coming into or going out of the matter, and how soon.

My way to read timing seems similar to yours. For example, The Fool to me says "when you least expect it, the element of surprise." The Magician doesn't imply a set time-frame, but to me it's more of "when I, myself, make it happen". With the High Priestess, the timing is hidden or a secret. With the Wheel of Fortune it depends on external factors and divine timing, The Hanging Man indicates delays or no timing available, The Tower says "Unexpectedly and unavoidably, with force." The Moon can mean in the time of Pisces (February 19-March 20) or nighttime or by the full moon or the new moon. The Sun says daylight and summer time. Judgement doesn't have a timing available, but I have read that some people read it as "now"? I'm unsure of The World, for I have read: winter, delays, trials. The rest of the cards are assigned their astrological sign, for example Lovers (Gemini), Strength (Leo), Hermit (Virgo) etc.

For me the Ace of Pentacles implies in the winter, the Ace of Swords is in the spring, the Ace of Wands is in the summer, and the Ace of Cups is in the autumn. The Pages carry the same season as the element of the Aces.

I agree about the court cards--I have given them their astrological sign and timing, however, I think they are an indication that it's very much up to the person in question. For example, a Cup Court might say "when the person in question is ready to express their feelings or be honest about their feelings" and a Sword Court might say "when the person is ready to communicate".

If the 2 of Swords shows up as my timing card, I have a hard time reading it as "In 2 weeks". I read it as "unknown" or "undecided". Same with 3 of Swords. And for example, my 6 of Cups (Gilded) is a beautiful image, very blooming spring or green summer, but the astrological timing is in November... Ugh, I think it's difficult with Tarot and timing! I've come to realize that 9 out of 10 times, it just doesn't work for me.

elena_jaymz

Hi, I don't know if this can make sense, but when asking about timing I interpret the card(s) as a lesson I need to learn before the event I'm asking about can take place.

Leviosa

Yes, actually. I no longer view Wands as weeks. I've come a longer way with timing since 2009. :D 4 of Wands = 4 Days to me, or otherwise comes up to suggest the timing is around a traditional celebration (birthday, anniversary, etc.).

Pulled 4 of Wands alone as a timing indications as well. And in relation to the question, 4 of Wands as 4 days is far too soon.

So would Thanksgiving be a good time?

SpiritualLight

I've had 4 of wands meaning "within 4 weeks" - there is also a "surprise aspect" to the 4 of wands. It's a really fun card to have as future card

Amanda

Pulled 4 of Wands alone as a timing indications as well. And in relation to the question, 4 of Wands as 4 days is far too soon.

So would Thanksgiving be a good time?

Sure!
There's also Halloween coming up (October 31st) and Election Day this year (November 8th), prior to Thanksgiving.