IRONWING Study Group - Index

Mi-Shell

Hi Photocat!
Nice to see the Ironwing thread revived!
Do you have the deck?

It now is 6 month since my lsat post with "the big change" and I have been usung the deck with the changed mayors and it works well!

Wendywu

I'm IDS'ing with this one which I got last week but am unsure whether/how much I will post - some of the associations are gonna be very illogical to others I know... and some associations are a tad on the personal side .....

But oh I love the deck!

photokat

Mi-Shell said:
Hi Photocat!
Nice to see the Ironwing thread revived!
Do you have the deck?

It now is 6 month since my lsat post with "the big change" and I have been usung the deck with the changed mayors and it works well!

YES YES YES! I have it!

Wendywu

I've been reading with this deck exclusively now for a week, and studying it, and doing individual card studies. There is a possibility that I might never need another deck.

I have a little problem in that I read professionally and until I have "learned" this deck it might not be fair on my face-to-face clients to read for them with a deck I am not thoroughly versed in. One man I am seeing today has very specific problems and I feel that although the Ironwing would be a wonderful deck to use for him, it will have to come into play later and today I will use the Solleone, which "feels" perfect for him at the moment.

But I said on a different thread this deck is awesome - literally, I am in awe of it. Strong, powerful, quiet and playful, serious, heartbroken - it is so many stories and is anxious to tell me all of them.

My card studies are pretty stream-of-consciousness, and also very personal. Is it OK to post that kind of stuff here? I usually do the study, and then let what I have written sink into my brain, meditate on it and let it gel until I really feel the card deep in my heart.

Mi-Shell

Hi Wendy!
I did not know, that you are an Ironwing fan too! That is GREAT!!
I personaly would love to hear everythig you have to say about the deck and individual cards! It also would be great to revive this study group. I just read Milfoils latest post on the 5 of blades and will have to ruminate a little on it...

victoria.star

you guys are blessed, but you all know that don't you ;)

someday, when i get the whole deck, i will join your study group too :)

Milfoil

Join now, download the handbook, study the images online etc.

Before I bought mine, I did a 3 card reading most days from Lorena's site and started learning that way.

:)

Wendywu

I am studying one card each week of the Ironwing as part of my IDS and 78 week study and I suppose if this is anything it's a statement of future intention ....

I recall that when I studied the Templar it was difficult but very rewarding because I did the study by contemplation of each image, meditating on what I had seen and then writing about what I got from the meditation. That made it an extremely subjective study but wonderfully worthwhile. I did that with Death from the Ironwing and the result was straight from the heart. The cards I’ve done so far in this 78 week study have been worked on with formal study and although I have an intellectual understanding of those cards as a result of that, I don’t “feel” them in the same way as I feel Death. Thus I intend to revisit those previous cards and add the results of meditating on each one.

I think, in fact, that for each card from now on I’ll work in the same way that I did for the Templar – certainly that deck is one that I grok more thoroughly than any other, and it would be deeply satisfying to achieve that same level of inner understanding of the Ironwing. I appreciate that this makes my study of less value to others because they may well not see the same things, or with the same level of intensity as I do in a card. My life's experiences will affect what I see, and my experiences have not been theirs (and vice versa). To put it bluntly, that’s tough. This is a deck that needs to be felt inwardly as well as understood intellectually. It is easy to look at the book and say “that’s a representation of a forged iron Bur Oak acorn” – what’s needed is an understanding of why that image is there, what it makes me feel, what I see with that Inner Eye when I look at that acorn…. And so the focus of my personal study is changing.

I will be spending far more time in contemplation of a card. I will be setting up a large image of one card each week by the altar in the Spirit Room, and I can sit before the altar and contemplate the image for a few hours. Then another day, and working without the image in front of me, I will sit before the altar and think about what I saw in that card – and see where I go from there. It is those meditations and what I get from them that I will be posting in the 78 week study group threads, and in the Ironwing study group threads.

I can recall every single Templar image in great detail and clarity - and if I didn't have the cards physically it wouldn't matter a jot; I have them mentally. I want that with this deck.....

Quite possibly my understanding of the images on the cards will not jive with what Lorena writes about in her companion book. I really don’t care. I want my understanding of her cards to improve, and my reading of them – not my comprehension of her book ….

So – I shall be posting about The Forge tomorrow

I will also be doing at least five readings for others each week with the deck, and a couple for myself.... I also fit in a few face to face readings with it each week for others. I'm also reading up on original blacksmithing techniques, the flora and fauna that I see within the cards and working in the Singing the Soul Back Home shamanic practice thread, and going through Mi-Shell's Teaching Tent thread.

It occurs to me that it sounds very contradictory that I am reading up on these things when doing a meditative study, but I am not formally studying the individual cards using the handbook, which I think really would go against the grain of how I work best - an understanding of blacksmithing etc tells me about the physicality of the the images - how they are made and the movements the body makes in the manufacture, what's involved? how do the blacksmiths respond to what they do? etc.......

Mi-Shell

(((((Wendy!)))))
That is a wonderful way of working with this deck and I will be eager to read your posts!

Satori

I was just going through my decks looking to cull the collection again and I pulled out the Ironwing and sifted through it again. I actually thought about giving it up for sale.

The first time I ever saw it was when Songdeva brought it to a Meetup, which was just her and I at the time, and showed it to me. I was not at all into it. And it is funny because I was reading books on Shamanism at the time and it just didn't hit me. I remember I liked the majors and the Aces!

Later I looked at scans again and again and finally had a chance to try for it on the Trade Train. Hemera gave one up!!! Wow. I still can't believe I was the one to get it that day. So there I am yesterday looking at it and I just can't part with it. I don't know if there is any deck in my collection that I think of as having such a unique and distinctive voice. And I think it is beautiful.

So Songdeva, wherever you are in the world, thanks for showing me the deck all those years ago. I hope you still have yours and that it brings you joy!

Wendy I'm following your posts too. Beautiful.