Who reads the lenormand?

Phoenix Rising

I am curious, as to how many people here read the lenormand as their major reading oracle, either professionally or personally?

I have become a big fan of the lenormand, hence the reason I am coordinating a
Workshop
With Sylvie Steinbach.

Through organising, I have found how "not so easy" to purchase lenormand decks. It is my good fortune that I was able to purchase the blue owl decks from AGMuller. Which has also led me to think about becoming a distributor of the lenormand decks in New Zealand to make it more easily accessible.

Phoenix

Miss travel

Hi there,

I actually know this oracle since I'm a child, it is quite popular here and you can find it very easily.(At the bookstore where you buy your morning paper!)
The Lenormand oracle was the one deck which introduced me to divination, tarot and such .... I still remember the day it was shown to me, I wanted one right away ( I was 7 !). I use it very often.
I actually found your blog before AT I think, and I visit regularly.
When I came to AT, I was reading the posts by Sylvie Steinbach, got hooked and decided to purchase the book. And then, I decided to build my own blog,LOL.
Thanks for the inspiration and the workshop !!!

PS I had no idea it was so difficult to get it in New Zealand, good luck on being a distributor :D

Cheers
Jayce

Phoenix Rising

Hi Jayce,

I had little interest in the lenormand until Sylvie's work shop here on ATF, and working with them daily, and seeing how to the point they are, Sylvie's method is logical and I think she's really cracked the system. It's hard to find a good teacher, so having Sylvie come to New Zealand is definitely a first, so atleast a few of us in this part of the southern hemisphere will have a insight of what some of the European countries have had for a century!

It's obvious, and corresponding with AGMuller, that they really haven't pushed the lenormand oracle outside of Europe. What is the most popular deck in Europe? The blue Owl?

Good luck with your blog, I will have to take a peek.

Phoenix

Elven

Hi PR!
I am still hooked on my Mystical Lenormand - the pictures and the colours on this deck wouldn't let go. I make it available at the reading table still for people to have thier readings by. Alot of people see them as 'gypsie' cards .. and 'mystical' ... so I'll give them a spiel on the history of the deck ...

Ive had no problem getting this deck at all - the lady at the local bookstore just ordered them ... and I have given quite a few away, as they are not expensive. They've been appreciated, with most people really liking the images - even if they've never seen the Mystical Lenormand before.

Would this be a deck you would use for the workshop?
It might be easier to order in bulk - they come from a pretty big distributer in Aus and NZ? Im sure they would be easy to get ...

Cant wait to hear how workshop goes!

Cheers
Elven x

Phoenix Rising

Hi Elven,

Honestly it is very hard to buy lenormand decks in New Zealand, we just don't stock them, We can order them from Amazon. I got the Mystical from Amazon, that seems to be easily accessible, but only retail. I need wholesale, which I'm still negotiating with AGMuller....for the Blue owl and mystical, there are a few other lenormand decks, red owl, gipsy lenormand oracle, and the Mlle lenormand oracle that I have a catalogue for.

Phoenix

Miss travel

Phoenix Rising said:
It's obvious, and corresponding with AGMuller, that they really haven't pushed the lenormand oracle outside of Europe. What is the most popular deck in Europe? The blue Owl?

my guess would be the one published by Carta Mundi, it is made in Belgium.
I agree with you on the fact that the method of Sylvie Steinbach being very logical : I really appreciate her no non-sense approach and her book is very thorough. A great job indeed !

Phoenix Rising said:
Good luck with your blog, I will have to take a peek.
You're welcome, I actually centered it around my use of tarot recently though. Here people mostly only use the Major Arcana, funnily enough.

Cheers
Jayce

Skydancer

I've just taken it up again. I didn't know anything about Lenormands until Sylvie's workshop here. I fell behind, but now I'm looking through all the old posts again and reprinting them out to study. What fun! :)

The Blue Owl and the Mystical are my favorites. But I have about a half dozen variations now!! Including the French Cartomancy.

Sending good wishes for a fanTAStic workshop!!

*S*

Just wanted to add that it is amazing how well they read now after I've left them to incubate in my mind, so to speak. They make SO much sense to me now -- much more so than last year during Sylvie's workshop. I may become a "turn-coat!!" :laugh:

alteredego

I originally preferred the Carta Mundi deck. I usually pick up the White Owl (which few people tend to be fond of) or Isabel's Traum. I like the Blue owl as well, but it's not my favorite.

The Piatnik deck is also beautiful, but some of the important features of the cards (such as the dark side of the clouds) are reversed.

Good luck with your workshop!

Sylvie Steinbach

Hello!

I am glad to read that some of you still enjoye the Aeclectic workshop I hosted few months back. I love the fact the threads are here to stay for as long as the administrators allow it. So anyone can read them and print them for their own knowledge...

As you know I will be coming to NZ to teach the Lenormand deck to a few lucky souls who may benefit from a live 'face to face' interaction. I will be able to approach additional information not in the book and in the Aeclectic virtual class. And most of all I will be able to answer questions and explain fully the method of understanding the symbols that make up the Lenormand.

I posted few weeks back outside of the workshop a thread mixing Tarot and Lenormand cards together as a general reading system. Please let me know what you think and if you use these two different decks together yourself. I am curious to see how many people are out there doing the same thing.

lol
sylvie

alteredego

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I am glad to read that some of you still enjoye the Aeclectic workshop I hosted few months back. I love the fact the threads are here to stay for as long as the administrators allow it. So anyone can read them and print them for their own knowledge...

As you know I will be coming to NZ to teach the Lenormand deck to a few lucky souls who may benefit from a live 'face to face' interaction. I will be able to approach additional information not in the book and in the Aeclectic virtual class. And most of all I will be able to answer questions and explain fully the method of understanding the symbols that make up the Lenormand.

I posted few weeks back outside of the workshop a thread mixing Tarot and Lenormand cards together as a general reading system. Please let me know what you think and if you use these two different decks together yourself. I am curious to see how many people are out there doing the same thing.

lol
sylvie

I do something similar only I use the (Gipsy) Zigeuner cards along with the Lenormand. Very often the imagery is quite complimentary with these two card systems.