Difference between the two Editions of Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

darkkittie099

Hello everyone!

I want to buy two oracle decks. One is in pre-order (The Gospel of Aradia) and I am planning on getting the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle as well. I have watched a lot of reviews and I am drawn to buying it. However, I noticed that there is a second edition of this deck out. I know that people love the first edition due to the huge guidebook. From what I understand the second edition's guidebook is MUCH smaller. I wanted to ask a couple of questions to anyone who has seen or own both editions. My two questions are:

1) What from the first guidebook has been left out from the second edition's guidebook?
2) Have the card meanings been modified in any shape or form?

I remember my local new age shop having both editions still up for sale. Depending on the answers I receive I don't mind getting the second edition. If parts of the introduction were left out then I can live with that. However, if the card meanings have changed or certain parts have been left out then I rather splurge on the first edition. I rather have the original meanings than the original introduction. I honestly love the colors of both decks and I don't mind the pink backs. I know some people did not like that change. Thanks everyone! :D

-Light and Blessings

lalalibra

An additional question to add on...

I'm sorry that I don't know the answers, I only have the first edition. But I wanted to chime in with another question about it that you might want to know the answer to as well...

On the Blue Angel Website, I noticed a typo on one of the cards: 31 "Beauty And the Beast" - instead of saying "unconditional love," it's misspelled as "uncondidtional love." I am wondering if it actually made it through to the printing that way!?
http://www.blueangelonline.com/wild_wisdom_of_the_faery_oracle.html

I am assuming that the actual content in the guidebook is the same; that maybe they've just made the dimensions of the book smaller, more compact so it could fit into the newer style box. The 1st guidebook is extensive, but it also has a lot of space between the lines in the text, so I think if they wanted to save space they'd print it with smaller font, less space between the lines and such. I really doubt they'd eliminate any of the actual writing. The first edition of the deck is an older Blue Angel deck, so it comes in a larger cardboard box (thinner cardboard, the kind with flaps), whereas they've repackaged the second into the smaller, sturdier hardcover box that Blue Angel has become known for. But again, that is just my speculation!

I had thought about getting the second version to compare, but if it indeed has a typo on that card, then I wouldn't like that... I am hoping someone else will come along with the answer so that it can help you make your choice. Best of luck! :heart:

darkkittie099

Thank you so much lalalibra! :D

I appreciate the answer so much! Although I was initially interested in this deck, I found other very interesting oracle decks that I might want to get instead LOL! The struggle is so real. Yeah, I would hope they did not change the entire guidebook. I LOVE blue angel publishing boxes and based on comparisons I have seen between the old and new decks, the newer edition's box looks very sturdier. I am also hoping someone else chimes in just to give more info about the guidebook. Who knows I might end up getting this deck! :D. Thank you<3.

lalalibra

I appreciate the answer so much! Although I was initially interested in this deck, I found other very interesting oracle decks that I might want to get instead LOL! The struggle is so real. Yeah, I would hope they did not change the entire guidebook. I LOVE blue angel publishing boxes and based on comparisons I have seen between the old and new decks, the newer edition's box looks very sturdier. I am also hoping someone else chimes in just to give more info about the guidebook. Who knows I might end up getting this deck! :D. Thank you<3.

Oh yes, I understand! :) I often find that's a good enough reason to give it some time before actually purchasing; there's a lot to choose from. If I ever happen to find out a more definite answer, then I'll return to this thread with an update. :heart:

meeka4monty

Hello! I have both editions. An older version, first publication and the newer one. It's one of my favourite decks and I love the pretty light pinky/ purplish backs so I decided to get a back up. I can safely say that the guidebooks are exactly the same. The larger book has larger formatting and as such, takes up larger space on the page.
I double checked both guidebooks and everything is included - on the contents page of the new edition every older chapter heading is included under 'introduction'.
They've reformatted it so the info is smaller but still there. Hope this helps!

lalalibra

Great! Thank you meeka4monty for bringing clarity to that concern.

May I ask, also, if everything is spelled correctly on card 31 Beauty and the Beast? I wrote above about how the sample image on the Blue Angel website misspells "unconditional love"

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

lalalibra

One more question actually... Is the cardstock the same? Blue Angel has various cardstocks, I've noticed. I'm actually not as fond as the cardstock on some of the more recent decks (like the Sacred Rebels and Myths & Mermaids, for example).

Anyway, the reason it may be especially important is that sometimes the Wild Wisdom of the Faery deck is combined with the Oracle of the Mermaids, and the first version of the WWoF has the same exact kind of cardstock as the Mermaids deck so it blends well together. Is the updated WWoF deck the same feel as before?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk