2007 Sabian Symbol Draw

MCsea

WEll here we are again, that circle of life just keeps turning turning turning...

I think again its time to 'see' what the symbols can tell us about 2007

Please anyone can join in, just choose a symbol (or two) and see what they mean to you for 2007 now - and in about a year re-visit the symbol and SEE what the symbol MEANT to you! Oh of course PLEASE post the symbol if not a short interpretation (from the book or your own) if you feel like it.

(Free sites to pull a symbol from are http://www.sabiansymbols.com and http://sabiansymbols.astrologyweekly.com)

Wishing EVERYONE the very best in 2007

Marina

Oh yes Ill draw a sabian symbol and post it here - very soon...

MCsea

OK for me for 2007 is.... drum roll....

deep sigh - well it COULD have been MUCH worse!!

From Lynda HIlls website -
AQUARIUS 5 A COUNCIL OF ANCESTORS HAS BEEN CALLED TO GUIDE A MAN

You may find that you are strengthened by the wisdom of those who have gone before you. There is so much understanding available through the experienced elders and this is what needs to be tapped now. Feel the strength of having valuable and knowledge people on your side. You may experience a sense of having messages from the other side.

Inner knowledge. Direct tap root to deeper sources of energy. Karmic connections with the past.

The Caution: Reliance on conservatism. Not being able to move with the times. Needing the nod of approval from others to validate what one's doing. Things from the past belonging in the past

SO this is MUCH nicer than 2006 - where I was a lone camel in the desert, but it worries me I need a WHOLE BUNCH of ancestors to help me through 2007 ;)
Seriously this is a positive symbol, I know my ancestors are right behind me - in my DNA and before me in spirit, that I will KNOW they are with me - HELPING me is a great relief... Oh yes of course learning to move past needing other peoples validation to get on with things is a good lesson to learn this year too.
I feel like I can 'see' the yellow brick road, like Im being guided to take a certain path - for the benifit of all.. - nice... its definately a confident symbol, I hope I REALISE this wisdom and the people who are here to help this year....

lets see how it pans out

blessings

MARINA

Simone

putting in a place keeper here - I'll be back with the pull later :D

Thanks Marina.

Elven

Oh Dang!!
I drew the cards and ...

I closed my eyes to open the book -

2007 for Elven

ARIES 30 - A DUCK POND AND ITS YOUNG BROOD.

From Lynda Hills Book ~ sabian Symbols as an Oracle.

This Symbol relates to the family unit, clan, tribe, associates, friends ... where ever the basis of home and security are represented.
It is a place which harbours a feeling of safety, a environment which supports nuturing, growth, togetherness, sharing, living and surviving.
it can also represent looking after others - or helping other along in my space.

One of the aspects mentions people, and those who come and go from 'the ducks pond'. I feel that I have already had a taste of this recently, with two very unexpected guests arriving on my door step, assuming i would take them in. After experiencing a bombardment of people nestling into my 'Pond' a few years ago, feeding and comforting them ... and then not being able to get rid of them ... I took the initiative this time to politely withdraw my hospitality as such, but invited them to return at a time convenient in the future. I am needing to keep some 'fencing around the Pond' :p

Personally, this symbol also ties into 'flooding' - it was the Symbol for Hurricane Katrina.
On another note, it reminds me of the Australian Billabong - a quiet place to rest besides and draw sustanence from for the weary traveller. The Billabong is a meeting place for many on the path - passers by - it can be mystical, and it can be deep.

I actually had an encounter with some ducks and their brood recently. I was at a waterfall, and a little duckling had fallen from its hiding place and was very upset. One of his siblings had been taken by a magpie, and he was alone in the pond. I ran to the edge of the fall and was climbing the rock shelf to try and encourage the duckling to safety, when suddenly the magpie swooped, and the little duckling was just a ball of down in sharp talons being carted away. The little voice was gone, and in the still and quiet of the falls I stood in utter shock. I was not but a meter away.
Suddenly the mother duck flew back to the fall. Calling frantically - she was searching, pacing back and forth looking over the edge and in the rock crevises. I was so upset. Her panic was evident and I wished I could speak 'Duck"' and tell her what had happened, and appologize for not being able to do something, anything to save her baby.
Suddely 2 other little ducklings, who had been hiding under the ferns ran out to her. She checked them over and with her beak, nudged them towards the green and sandy island which was in the center of the falls pond. The male duck arrived.
I sat and watched them swim and feed for another hour - also to make sure the magpie didnt return. I had a handful of rocks ready in case he dared try that again - but I also knew this is the way of nature. But somewhere within me - life suddenly semed cruel and wrong. I felt useless, and I held fears for the safety of the small family that were a feast for predators.
It took me some days to reconcile within me what had happened - and I had to really search for the lesson ...

Getting this Symbol (for me) somehow relates to that experience - there is something which the Symbol doesnt portray in its interpretation, which is relevant in my experiences - and that is also the 'loss or seperation' of family - and the circumstances under which this can occur. There is a feeling of things being out of my control, or out of my hands - being an observer of life, watching someone else experience their karma and feeling helpless. Seeing how family units have to survive and function in their own environment ...

It also may mean Im going to have plumbing problems in the house , or water problems ;) Maybe I'll over-run the bath and ruin downstairs flat! Hopefully NOT!! :)

On a lighter note, it may be a time of social interaction with those who I have a strong bond and connection with and to. This may come about through interest, hobbies, learning, business connections. I also think it has to do with community - and the Spirit of community - and that may relate to either my Spiritual and creative persuits. It sounds 'local' to me, as the Symbol also indicates restrictions, but this can also represent the 'close connection' or the exclusiveness of the relationships/associations.

My first reaction was .. my brother is going to ask to come and live with me ??? :bugeyed:
2nd: Someone is wanting to move into my flat.
3rd: Disruptions in the home.
4th: New fencing and borders (which we need)
5th: People moving into my space - security issues.
6th: Finally making my little flat, my home - unpacking totally.
7th: Funny this thought ... but not impossible ... going to NZ and finding my Grandfathers siblings and extended family.

OK ... enough!
If I get any further insights, or feel its necessary to draw a further set of Symbols for 2007 - I'll edit them in! :D

Blessings Elven x

LixiPixi

Here's mine from Lynda's website:

LIBRA 30
THREE MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A PHILOSOPHER'S HEAD

There is ability here to read spiritual understandings into concrete objects. Several different aspects can be combined to result in a truly wise outcome. Pierce through appearances to see the truth of your situation. There can be talent for bringing abstract truths into reality. Concentrating on questions of a philosophical nature. The need to get one's thoughts or beliefs out into the real world.
Look to the signs. Wisdom that transcends book knowledge. Phrenology. Great brains. The head, scull or cranium.

The Caution: Analyzing things too much and reliance on intellect. Taking things far too seriously. Living in one's head. Having a "know it all" attitude.

My thoughts:

It looks like this is going to be an eye-opening year for me, and a spiritual journey continued. I wonder if those 3 mounds are three big events? I just hope it's a good year, because 2006 definitely was not.

LP~

ADDED: I went back to Lynda's site and drew another card asking what the 3 mounds will represent. This is what I pulled:

PISCES 23
A 'MATERIALIZING MEDIUM' GIVING A SEANCE

You may feel that you are experiencing a surprising sensitivity and awareness to spiritual forces. Sometimes this can cause confusion, other times enlightenment. Sit with any new impressions you may be receiving until you understand the authenticity or depth of the situation. Sometimes there is a need to free up `stuck' or earthbound entities.
Spiritual channeling. The ability to materialize things. Giving voice to spirit. Bringing messages from the other side. Tarot readings, clairvoyance and clairsentience.

The Caution: Putting on a false front, doing a performance. Making things up. Using mind control.

My thoughts again: Wow - it's definitely going to be a spiritual journey for me this year!

purple_scorp

Elven said:
I actually had an encounter with some ducks and their brood recently. I was at a waterfall, and a little duckling had fallen from its hiding place and was very upset. One of his siblings had been taken by a magpie, and he was alone in the pond. I ran to the edge of the fall and was climbing the rock shelf to try and encourage the duckling to safety, when suddenly the magpie swooped, and the little duckling was just a ball of down in sharp talons being carted away. The little voice was gone, and in the still and quiet of the falls I stood in utter shock. I was not but a meter away.
Suddenly the mother duck flew back to the fall. Calling frantically - she was searching, pacing back and forth looking over the edge and in the rock crevises. I was so upset. Her panic was evident and I wished I could speak 'Duck"' and tell her what had happened, and appologize for not being able to do something, anything to save her baby.
Suddely 2 other little ducklings, who had been hiding under the ferns ran out to her. She checked them over and with her beak, nudged them towards the green and sandy island which was in the center of the falls pond. The male duck arrived.
Five little ducks went out one day......over the hills and far away!

Simone

Ooookay - so here's mine:

Gemini 23

Three flledglings in a nest high up in a tree

Lynda's book said:
The "Fledgling's in a Nest" are not yet able to fly properly as they haven't developed the feathers for flying. They are in their "Nest high up in a Tree". The "Three Fledgelings" should feel warm and supported in their "Nest" and safe and at home in their environment. Although there is sometimes a feeling of being left alone and neglected, there is, hopefully, still a sense of safety in their isolation. This reflects a time of dependency on others to provide food and shelter. It may be too soon for them to move out on their own, but, after more nourishment, their time will come.

Well this reflects a feeling I have had recently. I am still getting ready to fly, and the situation I am in still shows me i am depending on others to provide what I need.

I think it's referring to work and financial situation - I left the "egg" 2 years ago, trying to grow into being independant, but only recently I have noticed that apparently I still have not grown the wings i need to really fly (I am waiting for the school to give me jobs instead of creating them for myself)

So - i wonder if the symbol does not reflect my base situation of now - and tells me that this will still go on, but that I am getting ready...

I cannot help but seeing eagles with this symbol :) maybe because of the eagle cam I watched for a while with an eagle nest in a tree.

I have decided to pull a second one with the question:

"Is there anything else i should know for next year"

and got:

Aquarius 28

A tree felled and sawed to ensure a supply of wood for the winter

(ick, sounds like more on the material theme haha)

Lynda's book said:
"A Tree Felled and Sawed to Ensure a Supply of Wood for the Winter" represents the sacrifice of one thing for the benefit of another. This symbol pictures the shifting and changing values we place on our environment and the tools we use. A "Tree" begins as a fragile life that may need our attention, care, concern, and, in time, our gratitude. It develops into something that provides us with beauty and shade and is a haven for many birds and animals. In time, whether the "Tree" completes its growing cycle and dies or is cut down in its prime, it still has much to offer. The energy that has been stored in the timber can be used to fuel our need for warmth and comfort in hard times.

Hmmmm - gotta find out where my tree is ;)

This could relate to me having to sell something, or to finally use all the knowledge stored to create something intelligent out of it - to USE it instead of keeping it nice and lovely in my mind and admiring it...

Any thoughts, you experts out there?

Thanks!

Guiding Cauldron

my draw for 2007

GEMINI 28
SOCIETY GRANTING BANKRUPTCY TO HIM, A MAN LEAVES THE COURT WITH MIXED FEELINGS

There can be collective responsibility for problems that occur for individuals and the collective can allow for a second chance. This is a time to accept such an opportunity. There may be bitter disappointment here, but a relief from burdening pressure. Others may be feeling a sense of abandonment because someone has not lived up to their responsibilities.
Staying optimistic about the future will help shift life into another gear. I SUPPOSE THIS IS MY THEME FOR NEXT YEAR, T HAS BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS.

Protection. Being free to get on with a new life. Starting back at square one. Renewal. ALLPIECES THAT HAVE BEEN FALLING INTO PLACE RECENTLY TO PREPARE ME

The Caution: Feeling let off the hook and able to commit the same mistakes again. Running full tilt and risking everything. Shifting responsibility onto others. Going "off duty" regardless of how others feel.

ARIES 3
A CAMEO SHOWS THE PROFILE OF A MAN THAT SUGGESTS THE OUTLINE OF HIS COUNTRY

There is a growing, objective awareness of how you, or others, fit into the larger picture. You may find you have a more important role than you previously thought. Imprinting your mark, become an example of your tradition and culture. However, try not to become too identified with externals or seeking recognition from the people around you.
Observing one's limitations. Living a transpersonal life. Allegiances with creed, religion, race or country. Nationhood, brotherhood, one's country.

THIS IS DEFINETLY ME AND I HAVE SEEN A CHANGE IN ME AS WELL, SOMETHING TO FOCUS ON SINCE IM LEARNING OF A WICCAN HEALING PATH.

The Caution: Blindly following the dogma of government or officials. Stereotyping one's self or others. LOL THIS IS SOMETHING I DONT DO- WHICH HAS USUALLY CAUSED ME GREAT DEAL OF PROBLEMS IN GENERAL SOCIETY SITUATIONS DURING MY LIFE THUS FAR. :)

If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. Audre Lord I LIKE THIS QUOTE
He who has an art has everywhere a part. Romanian proverb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tink27

Ohh this is so cool! As I sit here, I am simultaneously thinking of the year ahead, 2007 and clicking on Linda Hill’s Sabian Oracle!!
This is the symbol I received.

GEMINI 15
TWO DUTCH CHILDREN TALKING AND STUDYING THEIR LESSONS TOGETHER
You should be able to feel relaxed and comfortable with friends and able to speak your own truth. There's a need for clarity and for those of like mind to communicate spontaneous and creative ideas with each other. Feeling cut off and isolated because your beliefs or language are different from other people can propel you to finding those you can share your thoughts or your 'studies' with.
Sharing of innocence and carefree thoughts and ideals. Exchanging views with like-minded individuals. Old fashioned simplicity. Finding a soul mate. Chitchatting about everyday life. Talking for hours.
The Caution: Failing to communicate in depth. Taking an unsophisticated viewpoint. Excluding others as not worthy. Can be societal or racial prejudice. `Hearing voices' that don't make sense.

Oh my! I have a very good idea what this symbol is talking about. And it will involve a lot of searching, debating, and creatively developing! A lot of ‘leg work’ involved here before a project can fly off the ground. I can see many a debate and discussion here. This symbol definitely clarifies a lot of that has been muddling in my head lately. I remember reading somewhere that….Confusion and chaos is the key to spiritual awakening.

But….Gemini has often been called the eternal student of the zodiac! And I do seem to be catching up on earlier years as a slow learner. Okay… this can be a bit of an exaggeration but Geminis do need higher education…..it’s like they must constantly be learning. And, I am one who will say, I just need to learn one more thing before I go ahead with my plans….….hmmm procrastination…..a touch of insecurity????

I’m hoping that these two little children are about to fuse all their bits of information into a meaningful whole. At least I’d like that to be my goal. Unity transcending duality! Ohhh that has a nice ring to it…..but obviously there is much to still learn in 2007.

This symbol is telling me to reach out and connect with others through exchange of ideas, thoughts, feelings and mutually mirroring all of these. (Much what Linda has said here) There’s an abundance of information to be gathered here it cries! Since joining the Sabian Symbols earlier this year, I’ve learned fascinating concepts, ideas, possibilities and information. And everyone has helped me so much in finding my ‘voice’ in ways I haven’t before. My challenge is to find some way to manifest and integrate what I’ve learned not only into my daily life but also being inspired to manifest what these two children are focusing on. I think I know what it is…..there’s still so much to learn about it!

One symbol that was chosen in an oracle reading and that is now taking a more active role in my life is Taurus 8, A Sleigh Without Snow. Helvetica told me this was a waiting time for me and time of preparation. Well, winter is almost here, and as I write this, it’s snowing!! This little sleigh is jumping with joy….soon it will be moving…and with horses, bells and all the trimmings!

This could be a year of processing and integrating, of collectively contributing and being inspired to manifest what I focus my mind on. Not only will I be collecting intriguing data, I feel I am being challenged to put this info into practical use! I will have to be receptive as well as observant of everything around me.

Also, I have to enter into a give and take exchange in which I am receptive to what the other person is saying. I think this symbol is telling me not to be reactive or impulsive in my thoughts, feelings or actions…see the duality in everything it says!. I also must keep track of the data that keeps pouring in and find a way to absorb, embrace and express its energy. I’m not to simply take stock of what I’ve learned, but also learn more about myself and the people in my life. In this way I can honest look what needs improvement in my life!!!!

tink :love:

mooncat2

:) Here is mine!

VIRGO 26

A BOY WITH A CENSER SERVES NEAR THE PRIEST AT THE ALTAR

It has a very spiritual feel which goes well with the energy of my personal year number for 2007........7. Quiet, contemplative, time for myself .

It seems to be a continuation of what the latter months of this year have been. A strong inner call to pare down my life, to simplify and ease off which I've tried to do but it's very hard. To give up what I love doing without knowing why is frustrating but now in this symbol I'm beginning to see the purpose.

I think most people would be delighted to be given a year of peace and quiet. I'm reminded of the days when I had four very rowdy young children........full on all day, every day and like every young mother I longed for just one day........one whole day for myself to do exactly what I wanted. That day came.....hubby took the kids out and I...........I was lost. I spent the entire day longing for them to come home. Sometimes "you don't know what you've got until it's gone".

Now I have time and there is so much I want to do and learn .........I have a tendency to neglect or feel resentment towards the everyday tasks that keep me from this. The role of wife and mother has never been given the recognition it should receive and I think I unconsciously carry this perception of myself............that I need to do something else to be found worthy, to be valued as a person.

From Linda's book:

"Be cautious of feeling that what you are doing is inconsequential: even the smallest contribution is an important part of the whole and we all play our part in some measure. Give reverence and respect to your everyday routines no matter how insignificant they seem and you will find your sense of hope renewed"

I also love this quote from the same page.

"Everybody can be great........
because anybody can serve.
You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve.
You only need a heart full of grace.
A soul generated by love"

It's to be a Thanksgiving year..................a year to truly appreciate how blessed I am............to understand what the foundations of my life are built on. To finally recognise the value of my contribution so that I can say......"I can and I will do more but I do not need to".

This may not seem like much of a challenge but believe me, it will be! :)