The Occult Achievement of the 20th Century-The Thoth

Kenshin Gordon

Well, aren't the Kabbalah or Quabalah(not Cabala though) means for human so that, if valid, could provide him with power? Isn't it a path to reach God and become united with Him? So in other words, it is a way to achieve power, therefore greed and corruption must be here as well. Except Jesus Christ who is God in flesh, who other can claim this unity?

I believe you are the god(not the God) inside your head and make the rules you think with, this is merely common knowledge.

Professor X

Kenshin Gordon said:
I believe you are the god(not the God) inside your head and make the rules you think with, this is merely common knowledge.

You get it (well sort of).

You are your own deity because you possess a immortal spirit that is higher and greater than your mere flesh. It is your spirit that is animating the physical thus controlling what you decide to do and what you think about. You the deity can never die,it is the body that will die,thus making you a permanent part of infinity(Nuit). Since you can NEVER actually die you are always the ruler of whatever you do regardless of whether you are alive in the physical word(earth) or dwelling in the spiritual world(the astral realm).
You are your own god and controller because no external deity could ever control something that is immortal. Basically you only let things have power over you because you dont realize that YOU ARE THE DEITY,once this misconception ends the true godhood of all of us emerges.

If you are God then no external deity is needed,if you already have immortality there is no need to seek it from anywhere else.

Kenshin Gordon

Well, you suppose you can't die, that human is immortal. I know of no man(except Christ) proving it, even though I believe that human is amphibian: half animal, half Soul. As an animal he inherits time, and he has a Soul. But he is always a foolish and arrogant creation with a great tendency to stick his nose without a limit, a measure. Two opposites merged together to form an entity which History itself proves to be young, immature and pretty destructive and power thirsty-without the proper measure.

Aeon418

Kenshin Gordon said:
I know of no man(except Christ) proving it,
How exactly did he prove it?

Kenshin Gordon

Aeon: Ok, let it fall down. It wasn't the point of the post, and religion ideals aren't the matter we discuss. Stop spamming.

Always Wondering

Kenshin Gordon said:
Well, aren't the Kabbalah or Quabalah(not Cabala though) means for human so that, if valid, could provide him with power? Isn't it a path to reach God and become united with Him? So in other words, it is a way to achieve power, therefore greed and corruption must be here as well. Except Jesus Christ who is God in flesh, who other can claim this unity?

Greed and corruption can be everywhere, it is not specific to the occult.

Crowley has plenty to say about lust of result for this very reason. There are examples of magicians that do go off the rails. But it has been my experience that no other system, religion, did not address lust of result in a way that helped me understand how I mess myself up with it, the way Thelema has.

I just can't relate to the word power. I think of it as attainment, as natural as a plant growing toward the light. Sometimes it is a very powerless feeling to understand there is no one to blame and no one to rescue me, but myself. In other ways it is empowering to let go of old ideas, conditions that kept me impudent. Simply to ask myself, why was I taught that, and why did I accept it, has been very freeing.

It takes balance, and some of us are more balanced than others, just like in any other segment of the population. I see Thelema is 99 percent self discipline. I haven't met one Thelimite yet that was out to rule the world. Do as thou wilt, the whole of the law, seems to bother people so much when in the simplest terms, I think it means Live and Let Live. Nobody argues that.

Crowley starts out almost all of his correspondence with Do as thou wilt. In one way I see that meaning "this is my understanding, you will have your own." It is the basis of which Thelimite's aspire to, but many people don't understand that. There is a bit of a disconnect, that a young man get's picked apart because he is excited about a path opening before him; and when we try to answer questions that other's come here to ask, only to be perceived as pushy.

About the Jesus thing, it may help to understand, people come to this forum picking these ideas apart, (which is fine and good) wanting accuracy and a basis of thought/theory (again a wise thing), then throw out something like your statement without holding themselves up to the same level they are asking for. There is a difference between certainty and proof. As far a religous/spiritual matters, everyone has their own certainty. As far as I see it, nobody has proof.

I hope this helps you to understand, because you did seem genuinely curious.

AW

Rosanne

Interesting Post Always Wondering!

Anyways I would like the definition of GOD as it applies to the Book of Thoth (therefore the Thoth Deck)

To me a God is an idol or a divine being worshiped or in a crass way something being admired and worshiped like a very fit athlete (in the Greek sense "He's a God") In the Christian sense the creator and Ruler of the Universe, who has power over nature and human fortune. That to me is a God, and I believe that is most people's take on the word. When you talk about 'you are a God' what do you mean? To add: Also a personified explanation of a force of nature Like the God of Thunder.

Thank you
Rosanne

Grigori

Kenshin Gordon said:
Except Jesus Christ who is God in flesh, who other can claim this unity?

Every single person on the planet, that is rather the point.

The interpretation of Christ as the one an only god in flesh, is one that is valid for Christians only, and not for any others. Not that there weren't a whole lot of folks claiming that same title before and since Christ. There is nothing objectively different about Christ than any other religious prophet, and even less so from the perspective of someone who see's all people as "god". "You're the son of god eh? That's nice, me too. So's my mate Harry. Let's start a club, we'll call ourselves the Children of God"

A Thelemic interpretation would be that Christ is just one example of a man obtaining and actualizing their own god-hood. In terms of long reaching influence a stunning example, but just one none the less, and a part of a certain time and location.

No different to Buddha, for his time and location, Sri Ramakrishna for his time and location, or even Moses for his time and location, nor many others. The language is just a bit different.

Steps in the process of godhood:
1) Obtain spiritual development.
2) Talk to your God, and tell folks what God said i asked to.
3) Hope it takes off.

Being in communication with deity, and realizing your identity as that deity are just stages of development in the qabalistic model. The first you reach tipareth, the second you cross the abyss.

Always Wondering said:
There are examples of magicians that do go off the rails. But it has been my experience that no other system, religion, did not address lust of result in a way that helped me understand how I mess myself up with it, the way Thelema has.

The ones that go off the rails are the ones that hang on to that spiritual power obtained after tipareth, but don't give up their own ego to cross the abyss and recognize their unity/identity with god. Crowley referred to them as "the black brothers"

Reading "I am god" may strike as phenomenal arrogance (I rather think he same when people say Christ is the only way to God, as if all other religions before and since are full of the damned), but in fact you could see it as a humility, in that you give up your personal ego and aspirations and recognise your unity with everything else. In that process being a god doesn't make you better than anyone else, it makes you a part of everyone else.

The real "gods" of Thelema, aren't even gods at all in the traditional sense. They are principles. Nuit, Hadit, Ra-hoor-khuit".

Rosanne

I understand the They are principles. Nuit, Hadit, Ra-hoor-khuit".
What I was asking (I cannot have been clear)
The Thoth Deck- recommended reading the Book of Thoth...
where specifically can you read within the The Book of Thoth the concept of -we are a God?

~Rosanne

ravenest

Kenshin Gordon said:
Aeon: Ok, let it fall down. It wasn't the point of the post, and religion ideals aren't the matter we discuss. Stop spamming.

Then dont bring them in in the first place. Fine if you do, but expect to be questioned and challenged. There is often a bit of debate going on in the Thoth forum, Thoth and Thelema are challenging. ;)