Judgement: feelings towards someone

nisaba

Faolainn Storm said:
I would see revenge as Justice reversed. Justice is about balancing the scales, getting back what was taken from you, and evening things out. Revenge is about going further, not just getting back what you lost, but taking more or doing more.
given that I don't do reversals, I'd see revenge as one of the characteristics of the Justice card, and when the card came out I'd be able to tell at a glance whether it was the even-handed Justice or the vengeful Justice.

Faolainn Storm said:
To me, Judgement is beyond this. It is seeing the person who wronged you as a damaged soul, and forgiving them for the actions. Maybe not forgetting what they did, but understanding why they did it, and forgiving them for their actions.
And who amongst us has not wronged someone? I tend to find that Judgement comes out - at least from my decks - in a more introverted way, requiring that we look at *ourselves* and how we may have harmed others.

Faolainn Storm said:
So Judgement as Person A feelings towards Person B - I would suggest the Person A has risen above the situation, and can now see clearly what was done, and why, and has reached some sort of understanding and acceptance of the situation. Now Person A can move on, putting the situation behind them. This may mean putting Person B behind them as well, but it may not.
It would imply a deeper understanding of the other person. It's important to remember that understanding doesn't automatically mean friendship or desire - if, for example, I'd had a deeper understanding of just how troubled, addicted and violent a certain ex of mine was at the time ... <mumble mumble>

Faolainn Storm said:
And I can see Nisaba's point that this may involve Person B opening up in a deep way about something, which Person A has to listen to, and come to understand, before the relationship can move forward to the next level.
I was assuming that there *is* some kind of ongoing contact between them (which is what a relationship is).

exmuse

Replying to Old Thread

Was looking for info. on Judgment as Feelings and ran across this old thread. Though the debate is long over, I suppose, I have some comments.

I do NOT think Judgment has anything to do with revenge unlike what many of the contributors claimed (or thought in 09'). There is nothing in the card that suggests that, in fact. The Rider-Waite card depicts resurrection, salavation or renewal, the way I see it. The angel brings - news, GOOD news! Like the xmas song, "Hark the herald angels sing..." everyone is joyful, happy and seemingly celebratory. I also get a sense of them being moved a feeling a sense of gratitude (for example, man with hands clasped looking up at the angel). There are no victims or perpetrators. The whole scene conveys positive energy including the six figures with hands raised looking up at an angel enraptured. Where is 'revenge' being played out in this card?

I suppose I also take personal offense (not really :) ) at those who associate this card with Scorpio and by extension 'Revenge'. Well, I'm a Scorpio and I assure you we're not all evil (most of the time). If you're going to make a general claim about 'Scorpio' or any card it's associated with provide some valid arguments, please. A better generalization would be that we're passionate. Back to the card: I don't necessarily see passion depicted in the Judgment card, but enraptured might better encapsulate it. Connection with Scorpio: strong feelings, not dispassionate, not indifferent - these are the descriptors I would stick to when reading the card. I repeat the dark 'Revenge' quality of Scorpio is not depicted in the card. Maybe those who made this associations have bad Scorpio experiences (we're scary, I know, especially on Halloween).LOL. Or should I say? Mwaaaaah!

So, my interpretation of the Judgment card:

how someone (he in my case) feels about her (me in my case), is that:

* he has strong POSITIVE feelings (not passionate though) -> look at image on card
* this indicates he certainly isn't indifferent or harbor negative or revengeful feelings
* it's possible that some new communication or information about the relationship has stirred him, moved him, caused him to feel the way he does.

This matches my current situation: a guy I'm interested in, did me wrong. We weren't communicating for several months until last week. I told him I did not hold him wholly responsible or blame him for his actions ( there are mitigating circumstances so he's not completely off the hook). He said, "I really appreciate you saying that..." He was so overcome and surprised that he got tears in his eyes. I think that was 'good news' for him and he was genuinely 'grateful' for the gesture I made.

Then again, maybe since I'm a Scorpio, he feared I'd take him out as 'Revenge'. He's just feels a 'sense of gratitude' and 'feels celebratory' that he's still alive. LOL

PAMUYA

thank you for the reply...I had forgotten about this post ;) Your thoughts were insightful.

exmuse

thank you for the reply...I had forgotten about this post ;) Your thoughts were insightful.

Thanks for responding. I'm a newbie so I take it as a complement.

Fortuna

Exmuse,

Thank you for your insight. Your interpretation really resonated with me, having just experienced something where my friend is feeling the The Judgement card towards me after sharing what I just learned recently about my family issue and how instead of being angry, I instead decided to let go so that I can start the healing process and change can occur. I don't know how things will change between us, but I have a better understanding now.

whittles

I too see it the way exmuse does. I see it as a strong positive revelation. For god's sake, there are people being resurrected from death and reaching up towards the angel! To be resurrected from death these people seem so happy and in awe of what has happened.

IMPO, revenge is justice reversed. If I see justice reversed or ill-dignified, I see basically the opposite of my feelings of justice. I see it as someone feeling a personal injustice or wrong was done them and contempt about it. Presuming it is ill-dignified or reversed. *That*...to me is a vengeful feeling. Your scales are messed up, sword falls out of the hand...

That's my personal opinion and I love hearing other takes on this card, I can think of such a broad spectrum of feelings now from this card. Great thread!

DrumBeat

I also see this as a card of resurrection, rebirth, rehashing... all of the related "re-" words ;) But, given the many possible variations in the context of readings, I also see the nuances in the card and the astrological correspondences that could allow for an interpretation of "revenge."

Although, based on the RWS imagery I would see it as more of a reckoning than an act of revenge.

Someone has been judged and now it's time for a settling of karmic accounts, and that can be a positive or painful experience.

PAMUYA

. This reading was many years ago. The couple is now married, the feeling were not revenge. More of a regreat for a break up at that time. Thank you for the responces. I still have not had judgement come up as revenge, but who knows, I still have a few more years of reading in me.

JoyousGirl

Regret makes a lot of sense in that when we die from this world and wake up in the next we have a lot of regrets. Life in "these parts" would be a lot simpler if we weren't on autopilot and reconsidered our judgements from a viewpoint based outside of our "me" programming and focused on the "we".

Oh, and happily ever after to the couple!

annabellybuttonstar.

I've never had Judgement for revenge and see it more as a rude awakening to look at yourself. I don't do astrology with the cards but as a Scorpio girl I do find it a bit unfair that we're perceived as revengeful.