Flip or Turn the cards?

jade

i've read using two different decks at once. i do this when i do a relationship spread with two clients at once. each gets their own deck and they choose the deck that they are drawn to....or i choose two decks that are similar. i find it very effective.

as to you using two different decks at once.......remember everyone reads differently and you can do whatever feels 'right' to you! :)

blessed be. ;)
jade

tarotbear

If you turn the cards as though you were turning the pages of a book, the orientation will not be changed; if you flip the cards end-to-end an upright card will become reversed.

White Oleander

This question came up before the server was restarted. And I think that Tarotbear mentioned something about reversing the meanings of cards. He said something about if a card feels better reversed then it's meaning should be reversed regardless the position of the card. You just read what you feel is right. It goes the samething for turning and flipping. If you feel better flipping, then it's okay. It's not going to screw up your reading. If you feel better turning, then it's okay. It's not going to screw up your reading.

White Oleander

This question came up before the server was reset. And if I'm not mistaken, Tarotbear mentioned something about reversed meanings. He said that if you read a card and you feel the meaning should be reversed, reverse it. You read the cards as you feel it. this actually happened to me once. I did the celtic cross spread on my friend and The Fool came up in the views of others position. But she's not a person who takes chances and with regards to the rest of the spread it didn't make sense. She was the total opposite of it, so I reversed the card in the spread. And with regards to flipp/turning; If you feel better flipping, it's okay. It won't screw up your reading. If you feel better turning, it's okay. It's not gonna screw up your reading.

White Oleander

sorry that the message came out twice. when I went to check that it came out on the board, it wasn't there so I wrote another one and that didn't show up and I got frusterated and never wrote another. Sorry that there's 2 of them there. But Tarotbear, do you remember saying that or am I totally wrong?

Sam

I do it both ways. =)
Whether I flip or turn depends on my mood.

Ivy Rhiannon

My mother reads the gong hee fot choy, which uses a portion of the regular playing cards. So I fliped my tarot when I first started reading them. And I always placed the cards in between me and the quarent.

Then one day I got real confused. I knew the spread was upside down. So I turned it accordingly. And from then on I was a wreck. Each time I read I asked is it read facing you or me? It drove me nuts, cause I'd read a card, it wouldn't make sense and then reverse it and it would! Argh!

So I realised I was flipping them, and changed it, and also changed it so the cards are read upright for both of us. Problem solved!

But i agree that consistancy is needed. If it works for one, do it, but if it confuses you, try another way. but dont compare the cards. Decks are different, and what is the meaning of one could be the meaning of the other reversed!

tao51

Flipping cards

IMHO forsces a reversal. When I have a reveral it is because the cards have chosen the way. I turn cards--I never flip. But if is something you do consistently--and it works--then do it!--Tao

Lula Jing

I would always turn, never flip - no matter what the deck, as I would agree that it would reverse the intended dignity of the card.

Still - as per the unwritten golden rule of Tarot - do what works best for you!

SP :)

Sillanza

I'm a turner. I figured out long ago that if I flip, well ... you flip the card over. If you just can't stop the flipping, then simply turn your deck around before you start. That way, the flipped cards will come up the way they would have if you had turned them.