Examples of when the DEATH card did not end up in a break-up?

Hitch

What are some real life situations in which the DEATH card simply meant transformation and not an end of a relationship?

I've read that the death card can come up in relationships in which an engagement/wedding is about to take place or the birth of a child and I was wondering if anyone rec'd the DEATH cards, in regards to relationships, for other things?

Thank you!

scorpiogirl

I did a reading for someone and Death was outcome. It was a relationship reading where the couple were going through a crisis. The eventually married and now have a child.
So Death was a drastic change in their relationship.
Of course other cards supported marriage.

rwcarter

It could indicate moving from casually dating to being in a more committed relationship or moving in together.

All cards should be interpreted contextually. The question and any positional meaning (if used) will help to determine whether Death means transformation or an end to the relationship.

Rodney

pageoftemperance

Death signifies an ending, so an interpretation that doesn't involve a break up means a death of a way of life / mindset / habits. In a positive way, it can signify the ending of unhealthy patterns or ways of relating to each other.

The first card I ever pulled was Death. It told me that it was time to let go of wanting to recreate the past and that it was time to put old mindsets to bed.

I find Death a really interesting card. It doesn't mess around.

BeyondtheVeil

I've personally had Death come up for a relationship. It did cause an ending. It was an ending to how were were in the beginning. We were young, naive, and clueless. Our relationship got worse and worse. There had to be an ending because of all the things that happened. It came a time where either we were to end it forever or to completely transform it into something completely new and different. The old relationship was dead forever, but a new relationship then could happen. When we hold onto things too long {resentments, the past, etc} then nothing new can grow. We grow and change and things cannot stay the same. That is with everything in life. Relationships, beliefs, hobbies, etc. Most change in some way. Even in positive ways.

Say someone turned their hobby into a profession. The fun hobby part died, but it was reborn into a profession.
A single person gets married. Death of the single life {an ending} but rebirth {a new beginning} in the married state.
Another is a married couple is expecting a baby. The death of the marriage where it was just the two people and a new beginning with the baby.
Death doesn't always have to be 'bad', but I think Death means 'endings" with rebirths.

This is just my opinion and experience. Others may vary.

HTH!
BeyondtheVeil

Intotouch

Death was a card that regularly cropped up in readings for one relationship that I had and it did not mean that it would end. At first the meaning was clear. We got together after the death of my brother. So it meant actual death and the impact that it had. Death literally shaped the start of our relationship and how we connected to each other. It had a massive impact on my life and, because of the timing, on our relationship together.

headincloud

It's helpful to consult the surrounding cards when trying to discern if death is predicting the end of a relationship or not. 5S, 10S, 8C etc are good indicators supporting the end of a relationship but more often than not it predicts the end especially where a new phase seems unlikely, only in one instance (to my knowledge) has death denoted the birth of a child coupled with 4W which was the christening hence a new phase.

Quest85

Death is like you said yourself; transformation ...and that doesn't have to mean an ending of a relationship, it doesn't have to be negative at all!...Transformation: changes...growing.. new beginnings....
Think about a birth of a child....if Death comes up in a reading for say a pregnant lady...it indicates her becoming a mom, where here old life as she knew it would énd and makes place for new beginnings...or plain and simple : she is transforming into a mother...
If it comes up in a reading for a sick person (which I recently had in a reading) ...it could indicate that they will overcome their illness, and start over new..and/.or it could show that their body is in transformation... next cards will show what happends after. So I do have to add that I find that its meaning does depends on other cards in the reading, the ones before and the ones telling the story after: The new begining...
"On to the next lesson card", is what I remember a old tarot reader once said to me.

I do think that Death card would scare you at first... but in my experience Death is hardly ever as hard and/or negative on you, as the name of the card would indicate. I feel the same way about the Tower.. because just as the Death card...it does indicates postive changes for me/in my readings eventually... as the Tower came into the picture a lot of times as being a blessing in diguise...
Try to look at the card with a positive mind ... and believe the silver lining of the Death card; After it has come to an end, the new beginning will arise...and keep in mind that this change is always for the better, even if you can't see it now.

I did a CC reading on my relationship once at the time me and my man got a break for a few months.. anyway the 3 of swords came up on near future pos. and Death as the final outcome card.
We were actually broken up already, and I was already heartbroken.. so it didn't made sense to me then, and also coulnt explain the Death card's meaning.
But what actually happend was: as we were already broken up, we were still going back and forth about possible solutions and bla bla .. but got no where for quite some time..
But I got so pissed of the feeling that he was leading me on all the time, and all false promises...that I decided to end that dragging situation by ending all contact for a while, with pain in my heart...but looking back on it now (as i now know how the story went)
I see that that step needed to be taken for me to get to that ending... to make new beginnings possible...I've come to make some transformation in that time, with myself and I could'nt see it then..but this is how I got to learn tarot better, to read previous readings.

HAha ...sorry I didn't mean to bother you with all this ...actually just went on typing (lol)
Post it anyway, maybe it helps a bit ;)

-Q-

Enlightenment23

I've pulled the Death card for a friend of mine - his wife just gave birth to his first child and he was feeling overwhelmed. It was a feeling that was like, "Wow ... My life will never be the same from here on out, and I now have a mouth to feed."

This is neither a negative or positive emotion, just realization of the drastic change and transformation in his life - that old life, when he didn't have kids, is now in his past! He's a new father and it's a new way of living :)

FemaleRonin

Personal Experience

I can also attest to the fact that I've personally experienced having the Death card as an outcome of a Celtic Cross spread I did for my marriage last year and it wasn't referring to a separation. I had done the reading for myself during a rough transitioning period for my husband and I not long after we actually officially tied the knot- Our issues at the time stemmed from us having to be separated because of his work and also trying to continue to keep and build our life and marriage together while on top of struggling financially as well. For us it meant that after we made it thru that tough and truly challenging time, we ended up making it out of it still in tact but our marriage and connection between us had become drastically altered and our previous relationship between us in a sense died and although it was hard to go thru and also slow and painful to experience it was also necessary for our marriage to evolve. It was either adapt and accept it or lose it all basically. So while things between us were no longer the same and untainted and "innocence" we had together before- and took sometime to readjust after all the struggling to what was now our ways of relating and understanding...

and I'll admit I felt remorse and longing for the "good ole days" of our relationship before the responsibility of marriage took over, I realized after getting used to it and finding our own new groove together again that we were actually better and happier and closer than before. Going thru a hard time like that and supporting one another and not leaving Jen the chips are down really does have a way of giving a connection a new life and bond that was stronger than before. I can also say without a doubt that I had never been with anyone before that would've stuck with it like him and I did and I think a lot of couples aren't up for it or maybe even meant to survive "Death" in a way but those who look it in the eye and are truly committed and willing to go thru the pain and metamorphosis are the kinda relationships that are gonna end up having a much better chance of standing the test of time.

Which leads me to my final comment, and that is I believe the Death card can also represent a "challenge" to fight for the life of your partnership and see what you're really made of. Not for the faint of heart that's for sure.