Lovers and Hierophant together

SunChariot

Same here, I often see the Hierophant as marriage anyway. But with the Lovers, for sure. What other social convention/tradition would more likely to be related to deep love?
:grin:

Bar

whitecatblckmagic

I realize this thread is old but stumbled upon it in a search -- similair situations as well but how would the meaning change if the two cards were reversed (heirophant and lovers)? Queen of wands upright was drawn first.

Grizabella

Marriage proposal, or at least taking the relationship to the next level is how I see those cards, too. Even if there's no proposal, at least discussing marriage is likely.

starrystarrynight

Actually, I'm going to change my mind on this one--or at least offer another possible view of this spread. The Hierophant and Lovers are elementally ill-dignified (Earth vs. Air), so that could dampen the positivity of this pair. When I first commented on this thread eight years ago (!), I read using reversals, and seeing none here, I leaned toward a more positive interpretation. If I were to read them today, I wouldn't be so positive about a marriage proposal...more that this knight (Cups) was a romantic guy, who could have been wooing the woman involved, but as soon as someone "better" (in his view) came along might have left this relationship. The Hierophant and Lovers (as elementally ill-dignified) may have hinted that he was essentially a bad choice for this woman because he was prone to chase romantic dreams and might have "left her at the altar" in the end.

I'd like to know what the actual outcome of this reading turned out to be.

@whitecatblckmagic: Reversed, the Lovers/Hierophant do the same thing as ill-dignifying them elementally. With the Queen of Wands involved, it could be due to another woman involved in the situation. IMO.