Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

shadowdancer

I have this on order from Amazon... not usually an oracle user, albeit I have a few (familiar story there I'm sure...lol)

Was a toss up between this and the Magical messages deck (Ms Virtue).
I went for this one in the end. :)

I attend a circle every Wednesday and the person running it bought this deck in a few weeks back. It certainly captured the eye, but I hope it will be more than just eye candy. Other than my Medicine cards I would love to have an oracle deck I can bond well with

Davina

PS that feather story made me tingle... you have something special there. :) Hard to see how a feather can become trapped in the laminating process so..... treasure it for sure

DragonFae

Ok people...you are seriously going to make me spend money...this has been on my list for awhile...and I have been resisting...I have 2 of the older Fenech decks and some of her other fairy stuff....so I knew I'd get this eventually....but GEEZ....you make it hard to keep putting it off....BUT definately gotta get it BEFORE the new Froud deck comes out or then I'll have TWO waiting on my list....waawaaawaaa

Eyes Wide Open

It certainly captured the eye said:
Yup more than eye candy. I've used mine several times now....as I continued on and on with a reading, someone listening to it said, "That's still coming from 2 cards?????"

I think you're gonna like it :D.

missy

Can anyone help me with card images? I went to the web site, but the card images available are *really* small. :( I don't need to see every image. I just need to see enough detail to get a feel for the cards!

Would anyone be willing to provide me with a few larger images? Also, since I have been scouring Etsy for bags, I was wondering what size these cards are. My understanding is that I will need a bag.

Amazon lists size as "8.8 x 6.3 x 1.8 inches" but I don't know if they mean the entire package, the book, or the deck. I need to know the size of just the cards.

Thanks in advance! Images would be *very* appreciated. :)

missy

Bag to fit cards?

I may have found the perfect bag for it, depending on the size of the cards.

The bag is about 5.5 inches by "almost" (which I read as "a little under" to be conservative) 8 inches per the description. Do you guys think it would fit these cards comfortably?

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
I may have found the perfect bag for it, depending on the size of the cards.

The bag is about 5.5 inches by "almost" (which I read as "a little under" to be conservative) 8 inches per the description. Do you guys think it would fit these cards comfortably?

No the cards aren't 8 inches....wow :bugeyed: LOL They are pretty big...wish I had a ruler but I think more around 5.5X5.5. I keep mine in a Baba Prague tarot bag and they fit fine.

Have you checked out Selina Fenech's website? http://www.selinafenech.com/ All the cards in the deck are sprinkled throughout her galleries. And besides that it's a magical place to visit! :love:

You can see the book, packaging and many of the cards in a huge photo here: http://www.fairiesandfantasy.com/catalog.php?item=2675

I wanted to add that you really will not be in the least disappointed in this oracle and book! It's breathtakingly gorgeous and has it's own amazing energy. The readings it has given me are very in-depth.

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
No the cards aren't 8 inches....wow :bugeyed: LOL They are pretty big...wish I had a ruler but I think more around 5.5X5.5. I keep mine in a Baba Prague tarot bag and they fit fine.

Thanks! :thumbsup: I was thinking about one of their (Baba) bags. I have never bought one before and since I don't have a bag nor the deck, was trying to figure out if it would fit. :) Seems like earlier someone posted in this thread saying it *barely* fit in their Baba bag. :confused:

F.M. Tarot said:
Have you checked out Selina Fenech's website? http://www.selinafenech.com/ All the cards in the deck are sprinkled throughout her galleries. And besides that it's a magical place to visit! :love:

Yes, I have been all over that site, and have met with nothing but frustration! :( All I want to do is see actual images of the cards, including the text on the card, as it will be important in a reading. If she has just images as original artwork but does not identify them as cards and if they do not have the cards' text, then it will not help me in what I need to know.

F.M. Tarot said:
You can see the book, packaging and many of the cards in a huge photo here: http://www.fairiesandfantasy.com/catalog.php?item=2675

I have looked at that photo multiple times but the cards themselves are small and I can see no detail in the cards. Despite the image itself being giant. I cannot even read the text in any of those images. :p

F.M. Tarot said:
I wanted to add that you really will not be in the least disappointed in this oracle and book! It's breathtakingly gorgeous and has it's own amazing energy. The readings it has given me are very in-depth.

I'm glad to hear that! :thumbsup: I hope there isn't much white on the cards as I really do not like white on the cards. Mostly I want to see the detail in the art and the text as it appears on some of the cards. It would give me an idea of whether I can read with them. I want this to be a useable deck! :D

Thanks for your input; it is much appreciated. :)

Rev_Vesta

Hi all...

Just got this deck and have used it for myself and for others.....and wow..... these cards speak volumes.......gently but with depth........

Fantastic cards..........love the artwork.......and love the wording........

eg....18 Scared to Fly
The Right moment, Sensing out the right timing.....

A Fairy clinging by dear life to the upper branch of tree with the Moon behind it........lovely peachy, earthy tones.....brown/goldy coloured border......

just to give you an idea of what a card looks by........

I like Lucy Cavendish's deck....and love Selina Fench's Artwork and to have the two working together is incredible.....

I have both Tarot Oracle and Oracle of the Dragonfae...... 2 decks i find Client's drawn to.....and i am confident client's will love this Wild Wisdom of The Faery Oracle........

Vesta

HearthCricket

I love this deck and have been working with it for a month or more, now. The cards are approximately 3.5 x 5.25 inches. You can probably get them in a baba bag, but it might be tight. I have mine in one from Tarot Totes, which is one of the larger bags with little fairies flittering around on the cloth!

Ange

Well now you've all done it haven't you.....eh....shown me another pretty deck....:(

Ang x

Ang wanders away from the PC chanting to herself....I must not contact Amazon....I must not contact Amazon....