Earth Magic Oracle Cards

Ashtaroot

O k I need to check this deck out
Anyone else still working with it?

BlueDragonfly

I'm just beginning to work with them.

I was doing an IDS with the DruidCraft, but I've put that study on hold for now, so I'm starting to get to know this deck.

Aulruna

Could someone who already works with the deck describe what makes this one special? It looks beautiful, but I already have so many oracles, and I have found that oracles with artwork contributions by various artists don't always work for me.

So, beauty alone is not enough of a reason these days ...

HearthCricket

Aulruna said:
Could someone who already works with the deck describe what makes this one special? It looks beautiful, but I already have so many oracles, and I have found that oracles with artwork contributions by various artists don't always work for me.

So, beauty alone is not enough of a reason these days ...

I know what you are saying. Oddly enough, the artwork of this deck fits together better than some other decks by various artists, so that is a plus. At least in my eyes. What I like the most is that this deck has some fresh ideas. Not stuff being re-spouted out like another DV deck. Some interesting titles:

Tsunami as Wake-Up Call
Dreamtime as Creation
Meadow as Vulnerability
Iceberg as Submerged
Clouds as Shapeshifting (I just want to lie on the ground and watch the clouds change like we did when we were kids!)
Greenman as Synergy

etc.,. It is a gorgeous deck for connecting specifically to the earth and finding healing and wholeness through that connection. Not unlike the movie Avatar, when you think about it. I am immediately thinking about how you are so happy to have a yard now, Aulruna. Plants, eating outside (well, probably not today!!), wild birds, trees, the seasons, that you might enjoy this deck. It really depends on what you are looking for and what you want to connect with.

Iceberg comes up a lot for me. In the book each card is divided into two sections about it. First about the actually thing being portrayed. For example, how icebergs are huge, flow in the currents that Mother Earth has created, but also how 2/3rds of them are submerged under the water, cannot be seen and often dangerous. The 2nd part goes into the reading. How we all suppress certain parts of us, our shadow self, feel guilty and shameful of those aspects in our personality, and how it is now time to surface them, embrace them and allow them to be ourselves. Said before in other cards, but not quite like this. Not in relation to a specific "earth" image. So I would say if you want to work specifically with something earth oriented, this is a fantastic deck. Just like if you want to work specifically with animals, you choose an animal deck, birds a bird deck, fairies a fairy deck and so on! I also find it is a good starting point. Iceberg talks about working with my shadow-self and embracing it. So, I find myself then plucking out my Oracle of Shadows and Light and doing some more exploring. For me it is not a deck I would use daily, but rather for further growth spiritually and allow time to let it sink in and absorb the message. Then again, a 3 card spread has been helpful at certain times, just like any other oracle!

GryffinSong

I ordered this today. :)

Aulruna

(((HC))) :heart:

You are the best enabler :D

HearthCricket

Aulruna said:
(((HC))) :heart:

You are the best enabler :D

ROFL. It isn't a Lenormand, it isn't Spirit of the Wheel, nor the Dragonfae, but I do like its uniqueness and take on things. It has some fresh ideas and makes me think! I was disappointed by that video. The cards are a bit nicer than shown, but all she did was show them and call them pretty. No reading, no information on meanings. Just "Oooh, this is pretty, and this one is really pretty", and so on! And at the end she said she hoped we like the reading. Reading? What reading? I also don't consider this a Shamanic deck. Yes, Shaman and a few animals are in it, only because they fit the earthy theme. Shaman's Oracle or Celtic Shaman are my favourite Shamanic themed oracles. Not quite sure what she was talking about. I always see them as something more raw and tribal.

Trying to imagine myself sitting down with a client, pointing out how "pretty" the cards are and then saying I hope that was helpful. :D

autumn star

EightWands said:
Here's a video done by someone who shows you the entire deck! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ZsWM3CtlI

It's a beautiful deck and one I think I'll try and purchase if they have it available at my Borders.

Thanks for that link, it was good to see all the cards :) I ordered mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to arrive - international shipping with amazon takes ages ...... so seeing all the cards makes me quite excited for it to arrive.

HearthCricket said:
ROFL. It isn't a Lenormand, it isn't Spirit of the Wheel, nor the Dragonfae, but I do like its uniqueness and take on things. It has some fresh ideas and makes me think! I was disappointed by that video. The cards are a bit nicer than shown, but all she did was show them and call them pretty. No reading, no information on meanings. Just "Oooh, this is pretty, and this one is really pretty", and so on! And at the end she said she hoped we like the reading. Reading? What reading? I also don't consider this a Shamanic deck. Yes, Shaman and a few animals are in it, only because they fit the earthy theme. Shaman's Oracle or Celtic Shaman are my favourite Shamanic themed oracles. Not quite sure what she was talking about. I always see them as something more raw and tribal.

It's good to know that they are nicer person they must be really beautiful. I have Steven Farmers Earth Magic book but I have yet to read it. It will be interesting to see if there is any links between the book and the deck. I don't think it really seems like a Shamanic deck either - merely one based on the earth and the seasons it seems like :)

Aulruna said:
I have found that oracles with artwork contributions by various artists don't always work for me.

I agree, the Lucy Cavendish Oracles are like that for me especially the Dragonfae. While it is a beautiful deck the artwork doesn't seem to flow that well between cards. From what I have seen of this deck though the artwork looks really consistent.

I can't wait for it to arrive :D

misfitknits

man, i JUST saw this deck for the first time the other day and BOOM!!! there's a thread on AT!!! AT is always like that with me!!! anyways, it looks quite interesting, but i was on the fence about it. but after reading this thread, i want it!! it will go on my wish list!!!