The Daemon Tarot

Aulruna

I just want to mention that deck creators ARE allowed within reason to talk about and promote their products in the deck sections of the forums (within reason, of course), no matter if the deck is finished or in progress.

So please, feel free to talk about the deck.

Beewitch

So, okay -- I'm in a bit of limbo on the Cartes Infernales / Daemon Tarot project at the moment. All my work is done, and the Kickstarter campaign is CLOSED (no selling going on here), and Sterling won't be releasing the deck until November (so, still, no selling going on) -- but so there are a lot of the decks out in the world (from the closed Kickstarter), and many people who are interested in learning more about how the deck came about, which spreads worked for me during the creation, and just general deck-related stuff and things.

Is it okay to link to the Facebook page? I'm not selling anything there, it's just for discussion... and I am the deck creator and I *think* this post is in the right forum -- but I'm going to err on the side of caution and wait for a yea/nay from someone that knows more than I do before posting a link.

Le Fanu

I've been watching this deck since I first heard about it.

Finally found it in stock at the Book Depository and ordered it. Should be here some time soon so I'll post reactions when I get it.

I love the look of it...

Alta

I was looking at this deck on 'other' side of Aeclectic. I could be wrong, no expert, but aren't these the Goetia daemons, the same ones as in the Fallen Angels Oracle? Completely different illustrations of course. I mean, that's fine, I have the Fallen Angels oracle and this one looks great too. But it seems to me that the daemon names and traits are from the Goetia (which I read some time past and have a copy).

Alta

Is it okay to link to the Facebook page? I'm not selling anything there, it's just for discussion... and I am the deck creator and I *think* this post is in the right forum -- but I'm going to err on the side of caution and wait for a yea/nay from someone that knows more than I do before posting a link.
Yes, you can link to your Facebook page and/or personal site now.

Le Fanu

I was looking at this deck on 'other' side of Aeclectic. I could be wrong, no expert, but aren't these the Goetia daemons, the same ones as in the Fallen Angels Oracle? Completely different illustrations of course. I mean, that's fine, I have the Fallen Angels oracle and this one looks great too. But it seems to me that the daemon names and traits are from the Goetia (which I read some time past and have a copy).
Yes,I recognised some of the names...And that one with antlers...

Beewitch

You're not entirely wrong, Alta! There is a lot of overlap with the Goetia/Pseudomonarchia Daemonium. But because the core of the deck are Breton's illustrations instead of any one pantheon/grouping/whathaveyou, there are also representatives from Ancient Greece, Welsh Brittany, Greenland, Prussia, India... it's definitely a mixed bag, though certainly heavy on the Goetic. There are some sample cards up on Aeclectic, now: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/daemon/

And the Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/daemontarot

Beewitch

I've been watching this deck since I first heard about it.

Finally found it in stock at the Book Depository and ordered it. Should be here some time soon so I'll post reactions when I get it.

I love the look of it...

I'd love to hear what you think!

DeToX

Congratulations on launching the deck! Looks pretty good. I guess everyone has their personal preferences, but for me, I would have preferred there to have been no description at the bottom of the cards and less decoration, but I realise these are some of the value adds that you brought to the images that make it a unique product which many people will appreciate and probably demand.

Alta

Congratulations on launching the deck! Looks pretty good. I guess everyone has their personal preferences, but for me, I would have preferred there to have been no description at the bottom of the cards and less decoration, but I realise these are some of the value adds that you brought to the images that make it a unique product which many people will appreciate and probably demand.
I see your point DeToX and these are personal preferences of course but as I recall these are pretty specific daemons with specific attributes and fairly hard to memorize.